Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We were there in October and January and didn't hear a thing. We had rooms facing that direction; 431[Oct] and 461 [Jan]. To be honest, most of the heavy lifting looked like it was being wrapped up on the Gondola Station when we were there in January and the work being done was on the details and finishing touches. You may hear a couple of back-up beeps from construction vehicles, but that seems to be the norm regardless of the gondola construction.

Thank you!

We’ve gotten the king rooms twice at Yacht because it’s usually just my husband and I. I’m not sure if it’s true of ALL king rooms, but at least the two we stayed in were an entirely different floor plan from the two queen rooms we’ve been in.

They don’t feel nearly as “upgraded” as the two queen after the renovations. The two queen rooms have gorgeous new giant storage cabinets and the king rooms just have two small basic closets. The two queen rooms have a larger vanity bathroom area that’s separate from the toilet & shower and that’s really nice. The king room it’s all crammed together and the bathroom door barely clears the toilet. And there’s little/no ventilation so if someone is showering, the mirror is fogged & unusable.

Next time we go back, I’ll specifically request NOT to have a king room because of those two things (storage + bathroom space).

In September we had a king water view room at YC, and it was really spacious, with a sofa bed, the long wall of storage cabinets, and the sinks were in a separate area from the toilet and shower, with the sliding door to separate the sink area from the rest of the room as well as having a door to close off the toilet/shower area.

Last edited:

Beach Club room 5727, club level water view
- corner room all the way at the end of the 5th floor hallway, above Beaches & Cream
- king bed, sleeper chair, two Juliette balconies (one overlooking Stormalong Bay, one overlooking ugly roof and the YC loading docks
- can see past SAB to the lake and the Boardwalk beyond, can see the higher DHS fireworks
- bathroom area with two sinks, separate area for toilet and tub
- Keurig coffee maker and fridge (older fridge with no freezer section)
- two nightstands with two drawers each and USB charging ports
- desk with one chair in corner between balcony and sleeper chair
- sleeper chair can be moved but it’s really, really heavy
- wall-mounted TV in corner between the two balconies, dresser below with three drawers
- tons of open floor space, would be perfect for couple with infant in pack & play or an ECV user
- no hardwired internet ports, and wifi spotty (better wifi by open balcony door)
- no noise from hallway, and it’s not a connecting room
- lots of noise from SAB, can clearly hear music and pool games and trivia, even with doors closed

4E3BAA49-2694-4F11-B4FA-92CA96807316.jpeg 43420DB6-E5CF-4E2D-96A8-0A19E5986F4F.jpeg A275A5F0-F258-49B9-829A-7B1FFDB085FA.jpeg 715FDA6B-1117-4566-8A71-AC6334D6696F.jpeg 87F6C5DE-4878-43E1-B90C-2D7776DE924F.jpeg 54CCA110-33A6-44B3-818B-19A715C944B4.jpeg 83FCCF62-9088-4BF1-8BDA-5F4B3107D29D.jpeg E8608FFD-702A-4C3E-B7BF-DF2B409732BC.jpeg

In September we had a king water view room at YC, and it was really spacious, with a sofa bed, the long wall of storage cabinets, and the sinks were in a separate area from the toilet and shower, with the sliding room to separate the sink area from the rest of the room as well as having a door to close off the toilet/shower area.
That’s good to know! Ours was a garden view - so maybe the Lake View king rooms are different? I love having a King and the bar area, but that bathroom was not a great set up for us.

Ok. I'm going in April so hopefully they'll open around 8:00 AM.

Me too. We're there Easter weekend, and DH will not be happy if the pool has such short hours then too. He loves to go down and swim for an hour while I drink coffee and get ready at a more leisurely pace, but the 10am opening really messes with that. He's also a late-night-after-the-parks pool person, so closing at 8pm was annoying too.

Even the "fancy" rooms get their dents and dings...

I was wondering when we were going to start seeing this with all of these wood/laminate floors. It really is a shame, but people and kids are rough on flooring. I'm not sure what the answer will be, because these floors could really start to look scratched and worn sooner rather than later.

Me too. We're there Easter weekend, and DH will not be happy if the pool has such short hours then too. He loves to go down and swim for an hour while I drink coffee and get ready at a more leisurely pace, but the 10am opening really messes with that. He's also a late-night-after-the-parks pool person, so closing at 8pm was annoying too.

I could be wrong, and if I am hopefully someone will come and correct me soon, but I feel like even in summer SAB didn't open until 10 AM. It's the closing hours that move later, to as late as 11:00 during the longest hours. I think the non feature pools open earlier.

I could be wrong, and if I am hopefully someone will come and correct me soon, but I feel like even in summer SAB didn't open until 10 AM. It's the closing hours that move later, to as late as 11:00 during the longest hours. I think the non feature pools open earlier.

I was just coming to post something similar. We have been going to Y & B for about 20 years. I don’t think I have ever seen SAB open at 8. The earliest I ever remember is 9 am. What varies more is the closing time. Could be between 8 & 11, depending on the season. For those who want to swim earlier, the quiet pools are available.

Can you use SAB if you are staying at BCV? Have a reservation at YC, but wondering about switching it to a one-bedroom at BCV...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter