Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Everyone mentions room views but what about pool chair views.

We just went away last week and spend a night in singer island at the Marriott vacation club (next year staying 2-3 nights there). We had most of the day to spend there as my son, sister and BIL were scuba diving so the night before I was trying to pick the perfect pool chair! You know the one that gave me sun all day but also had an umbrella for my dh to sit under. Well I found it!

So what about the BC? What is a good spot. I don’t need to have eyes on my kids at all times, granted I like to know where they are (14 yo da and 12 yo dd I am sure will be going up and down the slide all day, lazy river...not sure what the soon to be 17 yo will be doing besides snap chatting). I really want the sun but want the option of shade if I need it. Ok I guess shade since the pool will give me sun.

We just went away last week and spend a night in singer island at the Marriott vacation club (next year staying 2-3 nights there). We had most of the day to spend there as my son, sister and BIL were scuba diving so the night before I was trying to pick the perfect pool chair! You know the one that gave me sun all day but also had an umbrella for my dh to sit under. Well I found it!

So what about the BC? What is a good spot. I don’t need to have eyes on my kids at all times, granted I like to know where they are (14 yo da and 12 yo dd I am sure will be going up and down the slide all day, lazy river...not sure what the soon to be 17 yo will be doing besides snap chatting). I really want the sun but want the option of shade if I need it. Ok I guess shade since the pool will give me sun.

I'm the opposite of you. Give me shade, shade, & more shade! Not much help there. Only things I can really say are 1) during busy times of the year after 2:00 it's hard to find a chair anywhere in my experience so you take whatever you can get. 2) I find if I have a choice the side closest to YC is the shadiest so you might want the opposite of that! :laughing:

I'm the opposite of you. Give me shade, shade, & more shade! Not much help there. Only things I can really say are 1) during busy times of the year after 2:00 it's hard to find a chair anywhere in my experience so you take whatever you can get. 2) I find if I have a choice the side closest to YC is the shadiest so you might want the opposite of that! :laughing:

Thanks! I have only been to the BC once, I believe it was 1990 and our boat driver said “they are going to build a boardwalk over there”. The kiddie pool wasn’t even built yet.

I have 2 built in pool days while there so my plan is to be there early while dh and our kids sleep in. We land at 10:30 so hope to be swimming by 1 on arrival day as well.

Thanks! I have only been to the BC once, I believe it was 1990 and our boat driver said “they are going to build a boardwalk over there”. The kiddie pool wasn’t even built yet.

I have 2 built in pool days while there so my plan is to be there early while dh and our kids sleep in. We land at 10:30 so hope to be swimming by 1 on arrival day as well.

That early you should have your pick of chairs. Enjoy!

We have been spoiled by staying at the BC many times over the years. In fact, staying there is my kids' favorite part of a Disney vacation. Like you, I like the sun while my DH prefers shade. On the Beach Club side near the walkway to the slide, there are beach chairs with some nice shady trees. It's a good place if you want to keep a bit of an eye on your kids using the slide too.

From my experience, even DDP is a waste when staying CL. Dx DDP would be an overkill for us.
We always take afternoon breaks being as our typical stay is 10-14 days.
When staying CL we have breakfast in the lounge, and have a late TS lunch. Back to resort for pool break, then we are in lounge for apples. This usually fills us as we are still full from large later lunch. And we like grazing rather than another heavy meal. Then we’re off to an evening park. I figure if we get hungry later we can snack at the park but we never are hungry.
This is exactly how we do it. I love the fact that not everything is planned and its gives us so flexibility.

I've had pretty good luck with views, as long as you use common sense. Occasionally they will give you a "approximate" view, and if you see where that room actually is you can obviously tell it isn't a comparable view. I have found it isn't accurate on (or just doesn't mention) things like balconies, daybeds, the correct type of bed, etc unless someone has been nice enough to add a note. I try to always send them my room view so they have that, and mention to them if something is wrong in their description (like connecting doors, etc) or if something is unusual about the room. I'm not sure if they use anything but the photos though. I have simply found the maps of each floor with room numbers alone to be invaluable! Then i can use a little common sense to guess at the view, and make sure the photos they have at least make sense.
Is there anyway you could could post link or picture of each floor with room numbers for e Beach Ckub villas? Trying to switch at 7 mos., need a 1 br and 2 br close or next to each other! Thank you!

I'm not sure how to do that... let me try posting the link and you can search from there. I don't know how to save and post screen shots from my mac, and I don't know how to get the room finder from my phone on touringplans to screenshot each floor. I'll see if this at least works for now. If it doesn't I'll edit and delete the junk link and see if I can figure it out, or if anyone else knows how to do it.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...&filters[balcony]=&date=2018-04-25&rooms=true

ETA I see you said link or picture LOL! I think the link worked.

I'm not sure how to do that... let me try posting the link and you can search from there. I don't know how to save and post screen shots from my mac, and I don't know how to get the room finder from my phone on touringplans to screenshot each floor. I'll see if this at least works for now. If it doesn't I'll edit and delete the junk link and see if I can figure it out, or if anyone else knows how to do it.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...&filters[balcony]=&date=2018-04-25&rooms=true

ETA I see you said link or picture LOL! I think the link worked.

To screenshot from your mac go here: Finder > Applications > Grab. Choose the Capture menu that now shows up on the menu bar at the top of your screen and choose wether you want to screenshot a selection, a window or the screen.

We have been spoiled by staying at the BC many times over the years. In fact, staying there is my kids' favorite part of a Disney vacation. Like you, I like the sun while my DH prefers shade. On the Beach Club side near the walkway to the slide, there are beach chairs with some nice shady trees. It's a good place if you want to keep a bit of an eye on your kids using the slide too.

Great thanks. I figured I’d ask even though I try to scope out spots but it’s a larger pool so I might not see everyplace.

98 more days...my Facebook friends hate me because we just came back from FL Monday and when we landed in CT, my status said “100 more days til Disney”.

A good request for the YC garden view rooms is to be near the wedding gazebo. Those rooms would be relatively close to the lobby and would have a sideways view of the lake. :)
Thank you very much! I will call and add that request to my reservation.

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have gotten so behind here. I am spending all of my free time dealing with some issues with my dad and his house (some health scares, but thankfully he is ok).

I will eventually catch up here, but once again thanks to everyone for responding to questions.

I saw there were a lot of "View" questions over the past couple of days.

For anyone who doesn't know, we have three View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

Beach Club Villas Room View

These threads contain guest submissions of views from the rooms they have stayed in, sometimes along with descriptions like whether the (BC) room has a full balcony, bedding configuration, location, etc.
Unfortunately, a lot of the posts have lost the pictures due to the recent Photobucket purge of the non-pay accounts.
This thread is only as good as the people who take the time to contribute to it.
If you have pictures of your room from a previous trip, I would be most thankful if you could add any pictures or info you have about the room to the applicable thread.
Have a great day all!
:goodvibes

For anyone who doesn't know, we have three View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

These threads contain guest submissions of views from the rooms they have stayed in, sometimes along with descriptions like whether the (BC) room has a full balcony, bedding configuration, location, etc.

Unfortunately, a lot of the posts have lost the pictures due to the recent Photobucket purge of the non-pay accounts.

If I posted BCV view photos, they would have been corrupted in The Great Photobucket Purge. When I have time, I will upload them to Flickr and re-post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter