Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

And since the description on the WDW website says view of parking lot or roof best to go in with the proper expectations.

I know, it's just that even the "bad" views at so many other Disney resorts aren't really bad at all. It's actually one of the reasons I chose other resorts before trying the YC and BC. But in my quest to stay in all (or most of the) resorts, my kids love of SAB after our one previous YC stay, a summer trip, and the ability to walk to 2 parks, here we are. But that description doesn't mince words or give false hope, you are correct!

horselover, were you possibly 5197 at the YACHT club, not the BC? maybe I misunderstood which resort you meant from the beginning, I thought it was BC. I was just trying to figure out how SAB was slightly to the right in your photo, and I came across what seems to be essentially the same photo on touring plans for the YC CL SV 5197. (we're also staying the same view at the YC the 4 nights before, so i had been looking into all of those rooms as well).

Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room views, type and amenities.

5697720C-35B6-4837-B3C9-B01587A74514.jpeg
Thanks, I had been so focused on the rooms closer to the lounge I hadn't noticed the rooftop down that far. But this is all good info, I hadn't read much about the SV CL rooms prior to just now!! What is that roof of? It is't the YC Convention center that close to the BC is it?

No, not if the YC convention center. I found an aerial view of the BC and marked up the rooms I mentioned.

Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room views, type and amenities.

I've had pretty good luck with views, as long as you use common sense. Occasionally they will give you a "approximate" view, and if you see where that room actually is you can obviously tell it isn't a comparable view. I have found it isn't accurate on (or just doesn't mention) things like balconies, daybeds, the correct type of bed, etc unless someone has been nice enough to add a note. I try to always send them my room view so they have that, and mention to them if something is wrong in their description (like connecting doors, etc) or if something is unusual about the room. I'm not sure if they use anything but the photos though. I have simply found the maps of each floor with room numbers alone to be invaluable! Then i can use a little common sense to guess at the view, and make sure the photos they have at least make sense.

I've had pretty good luck with views, as long as you use common sense. Occasionally they will give you a "approximate" view, and if you see where that room actually is you can obviously tell it isn't a comparable view.

Or a view from a different resort altogether.

I stopped counting, and using the tool, after 75.
Wow, I feel like I’ve used it quite a bit, both for actual room requests and looking around at other areas or resorts just for fun. Now that I think about it I’ve only used it for deluxe resorts, do you find it’s less accurate for values and moderates? I don’t think I’ve stayed in a value or moderate since I knew it existed, and for them view isn’t as important to me so I tend to request things like corner room or a certain floor more than an exact room.

Wow, I feel like I’ve used it quite a bit, both for actual room requests and looking around at other areas or resorts just for fun. Now that I think about it I’ve only used it for deluxe resorts, do you find it’s less accurate for values and moderates?

Across all levels.

I'm heading out now, it's been fun "chatting" and hogging the thread for a while this afternoon! It was great getting more info on the elusive CL SV rooms ;)

horselover, were you possibly 5197 at the YACHT club, not the BC? maybe I misunderstood which resort you meant from the beginning, I thought it was BC. I was just trying to figure out how SAB was slightly to the right in your photo, and I came across what seems to be essentially the same photo on touring plans for the YC CL SV 5197. (we're also staying the same view at the YC the 4 nights before, so i had been looking into all of those rooms as well).

Yes, YC not BC. Could be that room number. Your guess is as good as mine but now I'm curious so when I'm there next month I'll walk down & check.

Honey..... I'm hhhoooommmeeeeee!!!!!!:teeth:

I got YC FD for mid Dec, finally!!

6am I logged on, got BC, put my card in and hit "purchase", got the "I'm processing screen, 1 hour 20 minutes later, it was STILL processing :mad:
Had to close as I had to leave for work. Got to work, tried for another hour, and couldn't get anything to load, couldn't get off the home page.:mad::mad:

Gave it a break. Around 11, I tried again. Went right through. The only things that were left for my dates were BWI, garden, and YC Pool. I've been thinking of trying the BWI, but I want the water view, not garden. So, I picked YC! :teeth:

If they announce a room discount, I'll probably switch as I have an extra ticket left from last year.

Thanks, I had been so focused on the rooms closer to the lounge I hadn't noticed the rooftop down that far. But this is all good info, I hadn't read much about the SV CL rooms prior to just now!! What is that roof of? It is't the YC Convention center that close to the BC is it?
The room that KerryCM posted about is right above Cape May and the hallway that you would use to get from the lobby to SAB. We have had standard rooms above that roof and one of them was right above Ariel’s.

I have just booked a YC "garden or woods view" room for September. Are these rooms in a particular location and if so, where? What is a good request for this category? Thanks!

I have just booked a YC "garden or woods view" room for September. Are these rooms in a particular location and if so, where? What is a good request for this category? Thanks!
A good request for the YC garden view rooms is to be near the wedding gazebo. Those rooms would be relatively close to the lobby and would have a sideways view of the lake. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter