Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are you the same person who posted on the -Walt Disney World Insiders page on face book ? If not there is someone else having the same experience

Really hope you get sorted soon - bedbugs are evil little blighters! we arrive on Sunday so I’m tempted to put 1 outfit each and some spare underware and vacpack it in case of emergency
I’m not on Facebook. It wasn’t me ....but can understand how others feel it’s been a shock for us, we spray for bugs at home every week due to a problem in our area with many crawling and flying insects and that includes for bed bugs and dust mites. Let’s just say some of our neighbours are not very clean and aren’t above sharing “lodgers” between their pets either. That’s why we have industrial strength insecticide in our home and use it:chat:

Just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest rate you guys have ever gotten for BC/YC? Trying to plan my 3rd stay there and I'm wondering how low the price can go with AP discounts/PIN codes/whatever. :) Thanks!

We are currently booked at the YC for June 2018. We are considering switching to the Beach Club due to this whole dog thing. Both of my daughters are afraid of unknown dogs, and running into one in the hall or lobby will be very unpleasant for them. I also don't want to run the chance of getting a smelly room or being woken up by barking (though we do always request a higher floor). The one thing holding us back is the balcony issue. We really want to have a full balcony - our kids are little so go to bed before us on vacation - last year, DH and I really enjoyed being able to sit on the balcony with a drink to talk while the girls slept. Not having that would put a damper on our evening. I know about 50% of the BC rooms have full balconies. For those of you who have made that a room request, how lucky have you been in getting it? I would put that as my first request obviously. Thank you!

We've had 3 stays at BC and so far we've had a 100% success rate, it's always our top request followed by location.

The poor housekeeping manager had another 4 rooms to deal with apart from ours. Sorry didn’t notice their room numbers ( confidentiality and all that) so somehow those bugs definitely got in from somewhere. Still waiting for all our clothing to be returned.
So sorry this has happened to you and your family!! Bedbugs are literally one of my biggest fears of travel...I had always assumed if I checked properly I would be ok...Having over 700 bugs and no bites is even scarier to me because how would you even know they were there??

Hope the rest of your trip is much better and relaxing!!

I'm so sad but I think I'm going to take Disney up on the offer of switching resorts for our upcoming November trip. I was looking forward to being at YC for the close proximity to EPCOT for the F&WF and for Sandstorm Bay but I can't deal with the dog policy and especially the new knowledge that EVERY room is a "DOG" room. Any recommendations for other resorts to try? I was thinking of GF or Polynesian.

I'm so sad but I think I'm going to take Disney up on the offer of switching resorts for our upcoming November trip. I was looking forward to being at YC for the close proximity to EPCOT for the F&WF and for Sandstorm Bay but I can't deal with the dog policy and especially the new knowledge that EVERY room is a "DOG" room. Any recommendations for other resorts to try? I was thinking of GF or Polynesian.
Why don't you look into Beach Club, that way you don't have to lose proximity or SAB?

I agree with the above post about looking into BC. We like them both equally.

As for GF and Poly, we have had great stays at both of them. Poly is a bit easier if you plan to spend lots of time at Epcot, but there is something so relaxing about the GF... Really they are both great, but have a very different feel to them. Poly has those lovely tropical gardens and the straight on views of the fireworks, but we find it is a bit more crowded and high-energy at the pools than the GF. Honestly I love them both!

Just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest rate you guys have ever gotten for BC/YC? Trying to plan my 3rd stay there and I'm wondering how low the price can go with AP discounts/PIN codes/whatever. :) Thanks!
A few years ago, we would routinely get the deluxe club level rooms for under $400. a night. Those days are long gone.

I recently booked a reservation for January using the 35% off Visa promo , and was able to get a Garden/Woods view room at Yacht Club for $283. a night. That price is getting pretty close to Moderate pricing !

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/

Right I’m back girls and guys...apparently 724 is a code for the cleaning ticket needed to process and clean our items. We got all our things placed in our room whilst we were out today. They had a very detailed form attached to tell us how everything was treated ... hot air treatment gone from 140-170degrees F for three hours and then laundered. Unfortunately some have shrunk a little and the shoes are completely misshapen too and one belt delaminated to the point it’s unusable. At least they are bug free though so that’s better. We are sitting on our balcony enjoying a coffee and chilling out, after unpacking and checking everything again, with an awesome view of Ariel’s statue across the garden area over at the villas side. We had a lovely encounter with a very tame squirrel this morning I think someone must have been feeding her trail mix and nuts at some point. She didn’t have any fears coming right up the the railing on our balcony looking for food, she didn’t get a thing but made us all smile and made me think of the ones at home. Thank goodness Disney paid for some new clothing for us all. Can’t believe tomorrow is MNSSHP already!

Hello all! My sister and I are treating mom, 83 yrs old, to a week at Disney World in mid December for her to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. Mom has allergies and severe asthma and keeps her inhaler with her at all times. We are staying at the YC, our favorite! We were not notified of the pet friendly change however as a disboard member I read about it. She called yesterday to explain she could have an attack being in a room that has had a dog left in it and mostly if the dog has been allowed on the furniture/bed. She was passed on to three people with no resolve or offer to put her in a pet free room and told her to call YC directly. After reading all the posts on various threads, I believe there are not any designated pet free rooms! The person at the YC said she understood and would put a note on our request that she was asthmatic. She told my mom that she could have stayed in a room that had a service dog in it and my mom said very true; but if she had would probably know due to breathing difficulties and would have requested a different room. The CM at the YC said call 10 days before to remind them of the request I have been to WDW 14 times with my family and have never requested a specific room and just took what I got as my kids and I spend most of our time at the parks. However taking mom, 83, this time will be very different. I tried to go in to the reservation system to add a note regarding her age and asthma difficulties but it appears I can only put in a room number. Does anyone have any thoughts on a number to request? Thanks, and as upsetting as this is, I am still holding on tight to my pixie dust!

Hello all! My sister and I are treating mom, 83 yrs old, to a week at Disney World in mid December for her to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. Mom has allergies and severe asthma and keeps her inhaler with her at all times. We are staying at the YC, our favorite! We were not notified of the pet friendly change however as a disboard member I read about it. She called yesterday to explain she could have an attack being in a room that has had a dog left in it and mostly if the dog has been allowed on the furniture/bed. She was passed on to three people with no resolve or offer to put her in a pet free room and told her to call YC directly. After reading all the posts on various threads, I believe there are not any designated pet free rooms! The person at the YC said she understood and would put a note on our request that she was asthmatic. She told my mom that she could have stayed in a room that had a service dog in it and my mom said very true; but if she had would probably know due to breathing difficulties and would have requested a different room. The CM at the YC said call 10 days before to remind them of the request I have been to WDW 14 times with my family and have never requested a specific room and just took what I got as my kids and I spend most of our time at the parks. However taking mom, 83, this time will be very different. I tried to go in to the reservation system to add a note regarding her age and asthma difficulties but it appears I can only put in a room number. Does anyone have any thoughts on a number to request? Thanks, and as upsetting as this is, I am still holding on tight to my pixie dust!

Email your concerns and copy these highest level managers. You will get another call. Tell them you want to be absolutely guaranteed a deep cleaning, and a pet free room. You could also ask to be switched to a pet free resort, even right next door at the Beach Club.

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
And cc these folks too:
Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

^^ I agree. I would make sure that it's either guaranteed or ask to move over the BC. I wouldn't trust the hotel to do the right thing when it's this important. They are clearly not prepared to manage this stuff. (Speaking as someone who has allergies & asthma)

So sorry this has happened to you and your family!! Bedbugs are literally one of my biggest fears of travel...I had always assumed if I checked properly I would be ok...Having over 700 bugs and no bites is even scarier to me because how would you even know they were there??

Hope the rest of your trip is much better and relaxing!!
I feel a little happier that we can get on with the rest of our vacation with peace of mind now... unless they do the room sweeps again and find something else:crazy: Not even gonna think about that too much, I didn’t sleep well last night that much I can tell you. It’s not spoiling our days unlike the rain forecasts for the next ten days. Oh well bring on the rest of our Disney park days.... I’ve already done things I never imagined possible this week I want to do more.. just no rollercoasters they make me ill.

Thank you so much Ensusieasm and mmmears for your quick response! I will email them all directly. I just wasn't sure if it was called for as she had already called them. I'm just trying to make sure she has a great time. It's just such a bummer it was made effective so fast with no opportunities to alter arrangements if needed. Thanks again!

^^ I agree. I would make sure that it's either guaranteed or ask to move over the BC. I wouldn't trust the hotel to do the right thing when it's this important. They are clearly not prepared to manage this stuff. (Speaking as someone who has allergies & asthma)
Someone tried to switch to BC on the phone but WDW refused to let them keep their discount if they switched. Disney doesn't care if you cancel your reservation over this, they'll fill the room with or without you...

@texascutie I'd do what was suggested to call 10 days before, maybe that's when room assignees start seeing requests. Requesting a specific room won't help your situation imho, leave it wide open for any non-dog room you can get.
Also, I'm so sorry you are going through this! It's truly awful Disney is making people chose between serious health risks and lifelong dreams.

well! for months now I've been stalking for a YC standard view to open up for my dates so I could downgrade a garden view room (AP discount)... standard became available today, then the system went down, then when the system came back up I realized that it's actually only an $8 difference? :faint: keeping the garden view and requesting a room overlooking the wedding gazebo!

I really, really hope for no bed bugs, no fleas, and forgettable noise on our visit... this is SO's first trip to WDW ever, and I need him to fall in love so we can go back all the time! :bitelip:

wifey, like a pp said, your attitude really has been capital. I wouldn't be nearly as composed in the same situation. hope the forecast brightens up for you!

I'm so sad but I think I'm going to take Disney up on the offer of switching resorts for our upcoming November trip. I was looking forward to being at YC for the close proximity to EPCOT for the F&WF and for Sandstorm Bay but I can't deal with the dog policy and especially the new knowledge that EVERY room is a "DOG" room.

Whoever told you that every room is a dog friendly room was 100% incorrect. They will be in one area, and one area only.

Last edited:
So even though I am staying at Saratoga Springs and the Poly next week with Nannette, Dee and JanetMom I wanted to run my resort plan by our faithful BC/YC readers.

In light of all heck braking out about the new dog policy, the bed bugs and fleas AND dander, dander EVERYWHERE I thought that I better develop a fool proof plan for when I encounter ̶ ̶H̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶ concerned people from the Dis Boards at WDW.

I think everyone knows that we are making Dee bring Rodger the (service) Donkey down for our trip. (He's flying Southwest don't ya know...) Since no threads have appeared on the Dis Boards complaining about "service donkeys" yet I think we are in the clear from a public shaming by Dis Board readers. Does anyone know if Donkeys have dander? I would ask Rodger myself when I see him on Wednesday but that's an embarrassing question and Rodger doesn't talk... at least not in English.

From what I've heard, Rodger comes with a giant shovel, so scooping the poop won't be a problem. Maybe we can get him to wear a diaper like that Donkey pulling that cart in Epcot's Italy. I'm sure Disney can use some of Rodger's 'productions', what with flower and garden coming up, so chalk up a mark in the win column on that one. I'm not sure if he smokes but from what I've heard the pet relief areas are near the smoking areas. It will be a bummer for the smokers when we walk Rodger, especially after chilli night. Ya just can't keep that donkey away from those beans...

You'll probably hear us coming before you smell us coming because I've wired the donkey cart we are going to be using with 100 watt speakers. I put a recording of "WATCH THE TRAM CAR PLEASE, WATCH THE TRAM CAR!!!!!" on my ipod so that people will get out of my way. This should especially be handy doing the rope drop run for Flights of Passage at Pandora in the morning. If they need a little more persuading I'm not above flinging some of Rodger's "productions" at them to motivate cooperative behavior.

Now we move on to the latest ̶ ̶h̶y̶s̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶ concern and that would be Bed Bug dogs. I'm thinking that all those people that are having a conniption about dogs in the resorts would be mighty happy to see fluffy the chubby beagle nosing around the resort protecting them from the dreaded bed bug. Is fluffy wrapped in plastic wrap to keep his dander from falling off? Perhaps a little doggy space suit with extra room for a chubby beagle (is there any other kind???) would be appropriate.

Then we have to consider if Bed Bugs drop dander and how many people are allergic to that! I guess now we are wrapping the individual bed bugs in plastic wrap to keep their dander from falling off. Recent reports indicated that there were seventy teen hundred bed bugs so that is a lot of plastic wrap. I hope housekeeping shops at the warehouse clubs and gets the double gigantic roll.

Just to be safe I'm going to invest in a rented Bed Bug sniffing beagle and park him on top of Rodger the Donkey. I'm thinking Stroller rentals.com will probably have Bed bug beagles in stock, beagle space suits extra...

So to finish, if you see 3 drunk women and me in a donkey cart, clopping through Epcot with a 'service' sniffing beagle on top of a donkey be sure to say Hi! We promise not to dander you or fling a Rodger 'production' your way *(depending upon just how drunk we are) We also will allow the Beagle to provide you with a complimentary sniff down just in case you might be harboring little fugitives in your unmentionables.

...And that's why they call them service animals!

~NM
Copy of Roger the Donkey.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter