Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry you're going through this, though I'm very glad they caught it before you got bit or brought them home with you! I hope tomorrow is better.

on another note, I *just* switched to BC from POR because of the dog issue....now I have to worry about the bed bugs???? GAH!
We stayed at POR last time and BC this time and you have absolutely made the right choice in my opinion.

I told myself I wasn't going to post this but I have to ask (and Teena if you are on the boards I'd love to hear from you), how many times do you think over the years that greeters or other cast members out front haven't seen someone (like my MIL) carrying little Fifi in their shoulder bag into the hotel and just smiled and looked the other way? I know this probably doesn't ease the concerns of those with real allergies to dog hair or have a real fear of the canine due to a very bad experience in their life, but I really have to believe (outside of the service animals) that those little four-legged creatures have been roaming the rooms of the YC/BC for many years now. Just my two-cents. By the way, worst dog bite I ever had was from one of those little purse pooches.
Katesdad

I've been away for a while, but so happy to report that we'll be back at the BC the end of February. Last year we just couldn't get a decent discount at BC so stayed at BWI instead. BWI was nice and still loved being on the boardwalk, but BC is still my favorite. DH likes AKL, which we could have booked for the upcoming trip, but even he can’t deny the convenience of walking to two parks. A quick glance of the messages shows most of the regulars are still around :-). I do have to ask though, what are we hearing from Teena and how is she doing???

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

Thanks so much for asking about Teena. She is doing well, but misses Florida deeply! Whenever she flies in, she exclaims "It's green!!!"

She and her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily moved into a home they had built in Vegas. Teena is running a very successful grading business to earn "Disney dollars" for her trips.

Teena and I just spent a week together on the Fantasy- we were supposed to cruise Sept 9-16, but Irma had something to say about that!

Teena also has several trips to the World in the coming months... next week with a friend of hers from PA, Jan, Feb and March with Lily (Jeanne, too, in March).

I'm still catching up from the cruise, and preparing for an upcoming trip, so I haven't had much time to write about the cruise or to post pictures.

WP_20171001_007.jpg

Formal Night at Royal Court

We are in Beach Club our precious room was 3516. It needs a deep clean and decontamination which hopefully they got straight on with once we removed all our stuff. We had only been there since Sunday afternoon and lots of stuff hadn’t even been worn. That said we were left in the clothes on our backs for a while, now we have pjs and the guys have underpants for tomorrow. I need to hand wash some of my items to reuse tomorrow since there were no shorts or bras/bikini tops in my size available. We found new t-shirts just for tomorrow and we hope whilst we are out up International Dive again tomorrow all our other clothing will be returned by the time we get back again. No way are we losing another day in the parks over it. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps all those blasted bugs yuck. At least it’s being rectified and our replacement room location isn’t bad ... closer to the lifts and Marketplace too. It’s still in the category we booked and has a big balcony. We are just waiting for the hotel to refund the purchases to our account and re-imburse is for a day of our stay on top of that.
Now I need a :grouphug::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1then some chocolate to calm down. Everything seems better after chocolate:goodvibes

Good grief! I am so sorry you are dealing with this hassle. Our rooms were directly below this location! Gives me the creeps and hope that they didn't migrate down while we were there last week. Bad enough that our only souvenirs were cases of bronchitis, bringing back these hitchhikers would be a nightmare! I hope all is resolved soon and you enjoy the rest of your stay. :flower1:

Page 1054-1056

Still working on catching up....

Okay guys, I'm back as of last night (so sad). This time I was at the Yacht Club side, last time I was Beach Club. I loved it just as much, I didn't want to leave, and now I'm honestly never going to be able to stay at a different Disney resort again (except maybe POFQ). It was amazing. I was obsessed with my room. The renovations were BEAUTIFUL. I actually called the front desk and asked if I could buy the window curtains (they said no). The furniture was so cool - I loved the side tables! Sounds silly & looking at pictures beforehand I was indifferent, but I fell in love the moment I stepped in my room. SAB was a blast, and boy did I need it, because it was HOT! I actually used the Disney transportation the whole time (something I normally never do) and only once (coming back from AK) did we have a wait that I thought was too long. I'm staying off site in December to save some money, but I'll be back in the spring!

Thanks so much for giving feedback on your trip. I'

Just booked at yacht club for January, are they like beach club and the balconies are mixed, or do they all have full balconies?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have indicated there are just a few rooms, maybe 2-3, at YC which do not have full balconies.

:cool1:

Hello! My family and I will be staying at BC next August for the first time and are very excited. I was hoping someone could clarify some transportation questions that I have.

I know that transportation to MK and AK is by bus only. Does BC share buses and if so with which resorts and in what order are the pickups?

Also I am aware that we can walk to Epcot and even HS. If we take the boat to HS, do we share with other resorts and in what order is the pickup?

Also is there somewhere that I can find a list of activities and resta
urants on the Boardwalk?

Thanks so much!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next August.

Replies to your questions were in a recent post.

::yes::

And now for something completely different...

Looking for feedback on the bus boards at the bus stops at the YC and BC stops.

Are they working? Do they seem to be accurate- do buses arrive as indicated? Do the wait times change- for example, do you see a bus listed arriving in 5 minutes and then see the arrival time change?

:magnify:

Anyone read DisneyTouristBlog's article on the refurbishment at Yacht Club?: "Note: If you’re wondering why the sheets aren’t discolored, the furniture is not trashed, and there’s not feces spread over every inch of the walls, it’s because we were here before Yacht Club became a post-apocalyptic canine wasteland. Now that Yacht Club is dog-friendly, we can only assume it looks like a worse version of Parkside Hotel & Suites now. Walt is rolling in his grave."

End of an era. :(

He's being sarcastic.

Are they working? Do they seem to be accurate- do buses arrive as indicated? Do the wait times change- for example, do you see a bus listed arriving in 5 minutes and then see the arrival time change?

While we were there, the boards were reliable in that the buses did arrive at the listed time. On the other hand, that time was frequently changing--especially for MK buses. We waited a full hour one late afternoon for a MK bus. The original time on the board showed one would arrive in 10 minutes and then it kept changing times to later and later. After each 20 minutes, it would roll back to 20 minutes. Our guess was the bus was being filled at YC and we were not picked up, but that is only a guess. Other than that instance (unfortunately though it was when we were trying to make an ADR at Polynesian), the buses were fairly regular.

We also found that most of the times the buses to both MK and AK were generally full by the time they arrived at BC which caused many guests to be left behind and the rest of us standing on an overcrowded bus. Not an ideal situation.

I'm reading through this thread so I apologize if its been asked, but is anything going on at beach and yacht club the beginning of August. We are planning our 3rd family trip for august 5th to10th and all the standard rooms are booked.

Its less to stay somewhere else then upgrade to pool or lagoon.

Didnt know if its a glitch or really booked up! Thanks and back to reading.

Hi Dee! Here since last Thursday and agree with Tess on the board times. Buses have been pretty good. Our longest wait was returning home from a Disney Springs Sunday night (almost one hour total time from arriving at bus stop to returning to BC). I like that there is no sharing with BWI, Swan & Dolphin (it’s probably been like that for awhile now but I haven’t stayed at YC/BC since 2011). We have used Uber several times and that has been convenient when we didn’t have enough travel time to spare! Our average cost was $9/$10. Saw the Minnie Van being used but Uber definitely more popular. We only had to stand on the buses once so far and that was returning from MNSSHP last night.

Just loving the BC!! Had my Sunken Treasure on arrival day and talked with bartender Tom who was great. Parks seem more crowded than my previous F&W trips in October 2013 and 2015. Halloween party seemed more crowded too but still so much fun. Parade is the best! I noticed they increased the number of party days. During our 8 night trip there are 5 party nights meaning MK closes at 7. I would have loved to see Happily Ever After fireworks again as they were great (worth getting your spot early, which we did about an hour and 20 minutes before start, something we never do!). We were in a great location a little behind and to the left of partner statue.

FYI, on another thread, a poster, soon to be staying at POR I believe, called and asked and like all other requests, was told that there's no way to guarantee that you wont' be in a "dog" room or near one.
We are staying at POR next week and the thread moderator, Andre, said that POR was designating building 24 as the dog friendly building. We requested a dog free room, were told it was only a guarantee, but feel confident that POR will honor our request. We'll be there next week and I'm checking the situation out. :)

Do the wait times change- for example, do you see a bus listed arriving in 5 minutes and then see the arrival time change?
It looks to me that a bus arrival time gets posted when the bus leaves the park. I base that assumption on the travel time posted. So the changes in arrival time must be due to traffic and time spent unloading and loading passengers. The best it does is let you know if you have time to run back to the room before the bus arrives, since the arrival time doesn't usually get shorter, although it often changes. :)

The poor housekeeping manager had another 4 rooms to deal with apart from ours. Sorry didn’t notice their room numbers ( confidentiality and all that) so somehow those bugs definitely got in from somewhere. Still waiting for all our clothing to be returned.
OMG! I did see some heavy duty cleaning in that area. I am on the 3rd floor too but near front entrance. My husband said he saw a woman walking with a beagle the other day and thought of a bed bug search...uggghhh! I hope they are thoroughly searching all rooms!! Hope you get all your things back very soon!

Hey, I have decided to change our plans and we are not going to the Beach Club next year. So my name will need to be taken off the list. We are doing four nights at the AKL instead.

I just decided to change it up and check off my #3 dream resort off the list next year. Here's my list for my Deluxe...

#1. Poly
#2. Beach or Yacht Club ✓
#3. AKL
#4. SSR
#5. WL ✓

Anyway, I know I want to get my list finished so I dont need to repeat any right now. But to everyone else heading that way, have a blast at SAB!

Well today turned out to be a bust.... Received an email this morning telling us they did a routine inspection of our room and found freakin’ bedbugs :furious::furious::furious: 724 of the little blighters!!! We’ve had the joy of coming back to the hotel early and going to front fest to arrange meeting the housekeeping manager to find out what needs doing. So after packing up all our clothing but the stuff we are wearing to be taken away for processing and removing everything else, then relocating to another part of the resort our MBs wouldn’t work. Got that sorted at last and now have to find things to wear in the shops and claim it back from them. Oh joy:rolleyes1
724... I can't even count 50 pennies without putting them in little groups, how did they know there were 724? I'm so curious I might get around to looking that up. Thank you for updating us on the process of going through all this. It's something you see mentioned once in a blue moon on a trip adviser review or something and I've always wondered what Disney's process for dealing with it was. I'm so sorry you had to find out though!! And the other things on top of it like losing your reservation? ICK!! Also- so glad you didn't find this out after you got home- THAT is my travel nightmare! (2nd worst is losing a day in Disney parks so I hope you get some more pixie dust besides clothes!)
ETA: pixie dust besides clothes?! Where's my brain today? That's not pixie dust, that's simply right. Naked in WDW parks is no fun for anyone!

Last edited:
We are currently booked at the YC for June 2018. We are considering switching to the Beach Club due to this whole dog thing. Both of my daughters are afraid of unknown dogs, and running into one in the hall or lobby will be very unpleasant for them. I also don't want to run the chance of getting a smelly room or being woken up by barking (though we do always request a higher floor). The one thing holding us back is the balcony issue. We really want to have a full balcony - our kids are little so go to bed before us on vacation - last year, DH and I really enjoyed being able to sit on the balcony with a drink to talk while the girls slept. Not having that would put a damper on our evening. I know about 50% of the BC rooms have full balconies. For those of you who have made that a room request, how lucky have you been in getting it? I would put that as my first request obviously. Thank you!

Last edited:
For those of you who have made that a room request, how lucky have you been in getting it?
I would say that our success rate of getting a full balcony when requesting it runs about 50%, although when we book a garden view room the success rate has been a little higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter