Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are staying at the Beach Club April 16 - 23, 2020! We're very excited, staying in a DVC villa 2BR and running the Star Wars races! Kids are running the 1 miler and I'm running my first multi-race challenge, the rival run challenge (10K + half)! We've never stayed in the Epcot-area resorts (prior stays: Dixie Landings right before my freshman year of college, one of the All-Stars in college, and with the family, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and then the Poly - a lifelong dream as we used to go to Disney back when I was kid). We figured the kids (will be 11 and 9 when we go) will be more interested in Epcot/World Showcase and the overall Epcot/DHS experience, so we're excited!

Last edited:
For those not being to get anything at the YC/BC I just wanted to add to keep checking. I agree with focusondisney that December dates have not been available for quite some time now, I've been checking, but I was able to get YC for the first week in December with AP rate mid morning yesterday...nothing was available earlier in the morning. I could only get 4 nights but better than nothing. I have also had good luck a couple of weeks out getting something. They will release any convention rooms that have been blocked back into inventory when they get a final count.

So excited for our split stay over Christmas. 12/19-23 at wilderness lodge and now 12/23-12/28 at yacht club. We have never stayed at either. Was originally at beach club but with the room only discount, switched to yacht and upgraded view while still saving a few hundred. FYI there was availability at both resorts with room only rate for those dates.

So excited for our split stay over Christmas. 12/19-23 at wilderness lodge and now 12/23-12/28 at yacht club. We have never stayed at either. Was originally at beach club but with the room only discount, switched to yacht and upgraded view while still saving a few hundred. FYI there was availability at both resorts with room only rate for those dates.
You're going to have such a great time! both of those hotels are beautiful at Christmas! Congrats!

Sorry if someone asked this already, but with the Beaches and Cream refurb being pushed back to the end of August does that mean the arcade will still be open until that date?

For those not being to get anything at the YC/BC I just wanted to add to keep checking. I agree with focusondisney that December dates have not been available for quite some time now, I've been checking, but I was able to get YC for the first week in December with AP rate mid morning yesterday...nothing was available earlier in the morning. I could only get 4 nights but better than nothing. I have also had good luck a couple of weeks out getting something. They will release any convention rooms that have been blocked back into inventory when they get a final count.
I was able to upgrade from POFQ to Yacht Club December 12 - 15th with an AP discount. There is definitely some availability.

Sorry if someone asked this already, but with the Beaches and Cream refurb being pushed back to the end of August does that mean the arcade will still be open until that date?
Curious about this too. My kids love this arcade.

I was able to upgrade from POFQ to Yacht Club December 12 - 15th with an AP discount. There is definitely some availability.

Yes, starting on the 12th, availability opens up. However almost nothing shows up even at rack rate for check in Dec 1-11. I wish we would have booked 12/14- 20 instead of 12/7-14. There are plenty of rooms open with all discounts the later week.

Yes, starting on the 12th, availability opens up. However almost nothing shows up even at rack rate for check in Dec 1-11. I wish we would have booked 12/14- 20 instead of 12/7-14. There are plenty of rooms open with all discounts the later week.
yeah we were originally looking for 12/5 - 12/8 but when i went back to book the room everything we sold out. we moved our vaca forward a week and everything worked out in our favor. I hope this means lower crowd levels!

I am feeling the same struggle with those dates! I have 2 bouncebacks 12/14 - 12/21 from months ago because Disney didn't have much the first two weeks even then. IDK what I was expecting with AP rates. My family wanted to go earlier in the month to have some extra time before Christmas, but flights and rooms are pricier. :confused3 Still really excited to go and I at least have something from a TA, but I will continue to look at AP rates until we arrive 😂

So my YC reservation says "garden or woods view" - can anyone let me know what that means in terms of TP room finder?

Hi. Does anyone have a photo of the pullout couch made up for bed? I've requested a 2Q room with a pullout couch because I'm traveling with my sister and her 14 yo DD and 16 yo DS. It would make things much easier and I've always lucked out with that room set up at YC, but never needed the pullout. I did a search and looked through several of the photos on this thread, but missed it if it was there. Thanks for any help with this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter