Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi. Does anyone have a photo of the pullout couch made up for bed? I've requested a 2Q room with a pullout couch because I'm traveling with my sister and her 14 yo DD and 16 yo DS. It would make things much easier and I've always lucked out with that room set up at YC, but never needed the pullout. I did a search and looked through several of the photos on this thread, but missed it if it was there. Thanks for any help with this!
Not my photo (thanks Google images!), but this is the setup:

Couch bed.jpg

The back of the couch pulls forward and is roughly the size of a twin mattress.

Not my photo (thanks Google images!), but this is the setup:

View attachment 418495

The back of the couch pulls forward and is roughly the size of a twin mattress.
Thank you. That is not how I was imagining it. I appreciate your help. (I will definitely need to follow the directions on how to turn it into a bed!)

Thank you. That is not how I was imagining it. I appreciate your help. (I will definitely need to follow the directions on how to turn it into a bed!)
You're welcome! It seems strange because it isn't the traditional pull out couch. It is actually very simple to do. There is an illustrated picture and black strap. You just basically pull the strap towards you and you are done!

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.19.24 PM.png

(This time this is my photo 😂 )

First stay at YC from 10/27 - 11/2, really looking forward to my first Deluxe and the walkway to DHS ans Epcot.
Does anbody know how long the Lazy River is open? Due to the flight, I don't arrive until 9.30p.m., but I would love to start my time at Disney with a relaxing float-round😅

Any recommendations regarding room request? I've booked Garden View (only thing available at AP-discount), would love a more or less quiet room, with private balcony, perhaps with partial river-room and not so far (<10 mins) away from Lobby..
Thank you!

First stay at YC from 10/27 - 11/2, really looking forward to my first Deluxe and the walkway to DHS ans Epcot.
Does anbody know how long the Lazy River is open? Due to the flight, I don't arrive until 9.30p.m., but I would love to start my time at Disney with a relaxing float-round😅

Any recommendations regarding room request? I've booked Garden View (only thing available at AP-discount), would love a more or less quiet room, with private balcony, perhaps with partial river-room and not so far (<10 mins) away from Lobby..
Thank you!

The latest that SAB is open tends to be 10pm, but in late October it is very likely that it will be closed by 9pm or earlier. The operating times are flexible and dependent on the weather and crowds. But the quiet pools are open until 11pm if you want to relax a bit. They have hot tubs at all YC/BC/BCV pools.

The request for a garden view room close to the lobby with a partial view of Crescent Lake would be a gazebo view room. Or you can just request exactly what you want and see what happens. :)

Curious approximately how many rooms are blocked for a standard convention at Yacht/Beach ? 100? 50?
I ask because a medical convention will be there during our Beach Club stay. I was wanting to change my room category if possible and I read the room blocks will be lifted a month before our arrival if not sold.
Any know any info on blocks? Thx

Curious approximately how many rooms are blocked for a standard convention at Yacht/Beach ? 100? 50?
I ask because a medical convention will be there during our Beach Club stay. I was wanting to change my room category if possible and I read the room blocks will be lifted a month before our arrival if not sold.
Any know any info on blocks? Thx
Totally depends on each specific conference. Different conferences have different needs. I don’t believe there is a generic answer to your question

Totally depends on each specific conference. Different conferences have different needs. I don’t believe there is a generic answer to your question
I believe it’s only a 150 spot conference for the three day meeting. So think they block maybe 3/4 rooms?

Here now...We checked into YC yesterday for an 8 night stay. Within 2 hours I was saying to my husband, “Uh oh... our Disney World trips just got a lot more expensive because we’re always going to have to stay here now.” He agreed. We are completely blown away by this resort and the whole Epcot resort area. It’s beautiful, quiet, amazing, and we cannot get over the fact that we can walk to two parks!!

Here now...We checked into YC yesterday for an 8 night stay. Within 2 hours I was saying to my husband, “Uh oh... our Disney World trips just got a lot more expensive because we’re always going to have to stay here now.” He agreed. We are completely blown away by this resort and the whole Epcot resort area. It’s beautiful, quiet, amazing, and we cannot get over the fact that we can walk to two parks!!

So excited!!! Our first time is in 3 weeks!! I’m excited about walking all over and hope to walk multiple times each day to HS and Epcot to take advantage of the fun!!! How is the weather??

Welcome to the club. 😎 We tried POR once for a shorter trip, but that was one and done. Not that it was bad, but it's hard to beat the location and amenities of the Epcot resorts. (Even the monorail resorts don't compare, IMHO.)

So excited!!! Our first time is in 3 weeks!! I’m excited about walking all over and hope to walk multiple times each day to HS and Epcot to take advantage of the fun!!! How is the weather??

You are going to love it!! Honestly, the weather hasn’t been as bad as I’d feared. We’ve been getting a breeze, and both days it’s cooled off after the afternoon showers. Today there wasn’t even that much rain at all. Today was up to “real feel” 105 when we were at MK, but we managed by going on attractions that are in AC. We also brought necklace fans, which I used today and love. It’s hot, but manageable with the right expectations. Have a wonderful time!!

Welcome to the club. 😎 We tried POR once for a shorter trip, but that was one and done. Not that it was bad, but it's hard to beat the location and amenities of the Epcot resorts. (Even the monorail resorts don't compare, IMHO.)

Yeah, it’s a real problem. :laughing: We actually loved POR - we’ve stayed there twice - but it’s really hard to beat the Epcot resort area. I agree about the monorail resorts, too, but totally get that others would love those.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of! We stayed at Boardwalk last October and the benefits of being able to walk to F&W cannot be underestimated! This year we were staying at Pop but then I jumped up 2 room categories and now we"re at BCV! Then we have 2 nights at the Poly and 2 at CCV. I am pleased with being able to hop on monorail after MNSSHP, though! I think having the ability to walk to/from SWGE will be a huge benefit as well!

4189110F182748-8320-4F0F-9D8D-F3CBEC8BA271.jpeg418912
Look who showed up at the pool the other day! Yesterday we saw Donald and Daisy walking along the perimeter of the pool!
Loving our stay so far, first time in the villas and we really are enjoying the studio. I do wish I would have asked for a room that wasn’t facing the road but it could totally have been worse and I love having a full balcony ( that’s usually are only request when staying at BC)

Love the pics of the characters at the pool!! That is so amazing!!!! Silly question, but it’s been years since I wore a swimsuit- I’ve lost 70 pounds this past year (90 since my highest) and still have 15 to go to final goal, but I plan on wearing long swim shorts (almost to knee) and tankini top.. are there any rules on what you can wear going down slides or using pools? The shorts are tight swim material...I’m just too self-conscious about my fleshy legs after weight loss...thanks!!!

:wave2:

Hi friends!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few days. Mark and I were celebrating our 33rd anniversary with a stay at a nearby beach.

This was the incredible view from our room-

Looking left, at sunrise

IMG_4768 (3).JPG

Looking right

IMG_4003 (2).JPG

IMG_4742 - Copy.JPG

I'll catch up in the next few days, but for now,

:welcome: to our new posters here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter