Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the CC Cascade Cabins. We are trying to figure out sleeping arrangements, and in the second bedroom we will have one adult in the queen bed and would like to have one more adult stay in that same room but not share the bed (mother and grown son). I don't think either would be comfortable sleeping in the twin fold out, but I didn't know if there was enough room to put the mattress on the floor. Any thoughts?
I think there is room on the floor for an air mattress (with the twin bed up).
My teenage daughter slept in that bed, btw. She it 5'4" and was comfortable in it. I don't think you could be much bigger. It is a little smaller than a standard twin. A standard twin is about 38" x 75". These are 29" x 67" (I'm trusting WDWInfo for the dimensions. I could tell it was smaller, though.)

That is correct - the bunk beds have all been removed with the current room renovations. It is no longer a bookable room category or a request. Same thing at AKL, which also had bunk bed rooms but were removed in its latest renovation.

We booked a Courtyard-view King today for after the reopening and I hadn't ever seen this category before. So I'm guessing Courtyard-view Kings are the new Courtyard-view bunks?

Hello!
We have Poly studio booked for the week of 4th of July. It's my home resort. We love it. However, we are concerned with construction/etc. We did stay at WL for our first say with our kids 8 years ago and it's sentimental to us.

We're looking at the Boulder Creek 1 bedroom villa. It looks like they are close to the main building. How far away are the pools? I see that they are in need of a refurb, but still has the WL old charm to it, which we love, but it's not outdated that it takes away from anything?? We've stayed at a number of resorts at Disney (Poly being our first and most stayed choice, just stayed at CBR and loved it, GF thought it was ok, Beach Club and HATED it. Since we're staying for 7 nights we want more room.

We love WL and trying to make a tough choice for us. We're also there for the 4th, and hoping for fireworks from the Poly beach, but if there aren't any, we could be saving a little money at BC/WL.

thanks!!!

BR is steps from the main building. Both pools are super close, literally everything is right there. I have not stayed in BR itself yet, so maybe someone can help you with the room question. I definitely suggest looking up YouTube videos!! They really help! Enjoy it, it’s beautiful.

Has anyone experienced a wait list or a line to get into the pool area lately? I saw a post that there was a 3 hour wait at another resort and wondering if it’s the same at WL.

Has anyone experienced a wait list or a line to get into the pool area lately? I saw a post that there was a 3 hour wait at another resort and wondering if it’s the same at WL.
I am not there now but suspect waits like that are highly unlikely. That tends to be more of a problem at value and moderate resorts because they have so many more people staying there all wanting to use the main pool. WL not only has fewer rooms total, it is currently only open on the DVC side and all non-DVC rooms are sitting empty.

We were at Riviera last summer when CBR pools had hour plus waits; never once had a wait to get into the Riviera pool.

GC
I am not there now but suspect waits like that are highly unlikely. That tends to be more of a problem at value and moderate resorts because they have so many more people staying there all wanting to use the main pool. WL not only has fewer rooms total, it is currently only open on the DVC side and all non-DVC rooms are sitting empty.

We were at Riviera last summer when CBR pools had hour plus waits; never once had a wait to get into the Riviera pool.

that’s what I was thinking and hoping that it wouldn’t be crowded because of a lower occupancy rate. It was at Coronado that a guest reported they had a 3 hour wait to get into the pools. 😢

that’s what I was thinking and hoping that it wouldn’t be crowded because of a lower occupancy rate. It was at Coronado that a guest reported they had a 3 hour wait to get into the pools. 😢
Yep--Coronado has 1,917 rooms and suites in the original resort area plus 545 rooms the Gran Destino Tower---so 2,462 guest rooms all sharing the main feature pool.

Boulder Ridge has 136 villas and Copper Creek has 184 villas and 26 cabins---for a total of 346 guest rooms sharing a pool (and really, I would argue two main pools, since the Boulder Ridge villas "quiet pool" is so nice, whereas the quiet pools at CSR are nothing special).

So not even close. Granted, not sure what the current occupancy is at either resort, but with POR and POFQ closed, I wouldn't be surprised if CSR is pretty full nowadays.

How are the food options now? We are renting DVC points for BRV. We arrive around lunch time and would like to have lunch before heading out to MK. I see that Roaring Forks has mobile ordering and I am guessing they have tables to eat at? How about Geyser Point. I don't see mobile ordering there so is it walk up and order?
Thanks for any info. First time at Wilderness Lodge area and looking forward to it.

How are the food options now? We are renting DVC points for BRV. We arrive around lunch time and would like to have lunch before heading out to MK. I see that Roaring Forks has mobile ordering and I am guessing they have tables to eat at? How about Geyser Point. I don't see mobile ordering there so is it walk up and order?
Thanks for any info. First time at Wilderness Lodge area and looking forward to it.
Also consider Whispering Canyon, as you can make a reservation here. Great for breakfast & Lunch.

Yes to both questions.

I recommend Geyser Point. It's very popular and while waits can be long to get a table for dinner, lunch shouldn't be nearly as bad as most people will be in the parks. The food is great and you cannot beat the views! It would be a great way to start your trip.

Roaring Fork is fine, but it's typical resort QS and the menu is somewhat limited right now.

I've had lunch at Geyser Point during my last four trips since October and it has not been very busy during any of those times. :)

I am at BRV right now and have had no problems at the pool. Very relaxing and lots of space between loungers and in the pool. We have focused mainly on the quiet pool, but my dad did the main pool one day (he’s skipping the parks) and had no problems.

I am at BRV right now and the food options have been great. Ordered from Roaring Fork on our arrival day (around 1:30) and had no problem finding a table in the shade. We have ordered lunch to go from Geyser Point twice and eaten at the pool, although there were seats available in the restaurant. It seems to get busy in the evenings, particularly before the Electrical Water Pageant.

I am at BRV right now and the food options have been great. Ordered from Roaring Fork on our arrival day (around 1:30) and had no problem finding a table in the shade. We have ordered lunch to go from Geyser Point twice and eaten at the pool, although there were seats available in the restaurant. It seems to get busy in the evenings, particularly before the Electrical Water Pageant.
Thanks! Good to know.

Does anyone have a good list of the background music that is more recent? Most of what I've been able to find is at least a few years old and missing songs that I know are in the loop from our trip this past August. I only managed to Shazam about 5 songs during that trip (there were one or two others I tried that it wouldn't identify). In particular, all the lists I've seen are missing the Cliffhanger Theme, which was a frequent play when we were there. I'd like to try to build a playlist, since the YouTube lists seem dated (and have old, static pictures that I don't want on my TV screen for an hour), but I just am not sure about most of what I'm finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter