Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent last night researching what is available for our dates that might be offered since we will NOT be staying in our WL room apparently. Showed the husband the options this evening to see if he had any preferences. Long story short, he is feeling like he is being asked to overly compromise between resort stay. shortened hours, favorite restaurants not currently scheduled to be open. etc. with no reduction in price. I think we are headed to a cancellation/postponement. I am so disappointed; this was a reschedule of our 25th anniversary trip from last year after we dealt with severe storm damage to our roof and several trees. Not the end of the world, just a bummer.

Spent last night researching what is available for our dates that might be offered since we will NOT be staying in our WL room apparently. Showed the husband the options this evening to see if he had any preferences. Long story short, he is feeling like he is being asked to overly compromise between resort stay. shortened hours, favorite restaurants not currently scheduled to be open. etc. with no reduction in price. I think we are headed to a cancellation/postponement. I am so disappointed; this was a reschedule of our 25th anniversary trip from last year after we dealt with severe storm damage to our roof and several trees. Not the end of the world, just a bummer.
I’m sorry. It is a bummer. I hope you guys can get the trip you want next year.

Maybe not the end of the world, but I can certainly understand your disappointment. We had to cancel our deluxe room (1st time ever in that room category). We were SO looking forward to being there, in a larger room (I think the standard rooms are fairly tiny), at Christmastime and with club level amenities. We had to change our reservation to another resort. But honestly, the whole Christmas feel was the biggest pull for me. I love this resort! So sad!

I agree with your husband, too, on the compromising. We gave up a 2 bdrm villa (Boulder Ridge... I know, people think we are crazy), because we are just having to compromise everywhere. Now, it was for July, so I knew going in that my sister and I would not be doing the mask thing in 95 degree weather. And honestly, I can only realistically stay at the pool for so many hours. We had to cancel.

Maybe I should look at it a whole 'nother way. I'm sure people in the ICU with Covid-19 wish they had such problems...

I'm happy that I'm healthy. I'll get back to WDW soon...

Last edited:

Yeppers, twice. Once facing the pool side and the hospitality suite facing the standard view/portico side.

Also to tag you put @ with the member name right after and they see you quoted them.
@grannyminnie I almost missed your question.
Do you like the garden wing? I have it booked for our April trip but heard mixed reviews. It was the cheapest deluxe and it was a long stay which is why I booked it as opposed to another resort.

Do you like the garden wing? I have it booked for our April trip but heard mixed reviews. It was the cheapest deluxe and it was a long stay which is why I booked it as opposed to another resort.
I’m the type to find the benefits from each stay .
For CR wing price is a benefit!

Also the location is great !
The room looks the same except no balcony and a shared patio 1st floor .

For rope drop people it’s great ! You can leave your room and not have to budget “ what if I miss the bus” into your time frame !
At night not worried about crowds leaving can walk .
Then midday use mono to rest the legs!!!

I am poly then gf followed by Cr . We like to see the castle from our resort !

I do prefer tower but not so much that it makes that big of a difference .

It is so easy to get to pool and boats ! I think that’s what I like the best for GW:)

I’m the type to find the benefits from each stay .
For CR wing price is a benefit!

Also the location is great !
The room looks the same except no balcony and a shared patio 1st floor .

For rope drop people it’s great ! You can leave your room and not have to budget “ what if I miss the bus” into your time frame !
At night not worried about crowds leaving can walk .
Then midday use mono to rest the legs!!!

I am poly then gf followed by Cr . We like to see the castle from our resort !

I do prefer tower but not so much that it makes that big of a difference .

It is so easy to get to pool and boats ! I think that’s what I like the best for GW:)
Thank you! We are going easter week (hopefully!!!) and the difference in price from garden wing to the tower was over 1500. Since we already have a short stay at BC before CR and going to WL in May, I decided to save the $1500

Thank you! We are going easter week (hopefully!!!) and the difference in price from garden wing to the tower was over 1500. Since we already have a short stay at BC before CR and going to WL in May, I decided to save the $1500
Sounds like a good plan!

I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered already. I’m looking to book at the WL in Sept 2021. Right now there’s only a handful of resorts available. Mostly value & moderate.
Are they staggering the openings for 2021 as well?

I'm thinking about moving my current one to Nov/Dec next year. I was hoping that normal WL would be open, but my calculator says a DVC upgrade would only be like $400 more total. I just don't think I can book that far in advance yet, so I'll...do nothing for now, I guess.

Currently no reservations past Sept. 26, 2021 are bookable at this time at any resort that have a scheduled reopening date and closed resorts like WL are not bookable even before that date. For
example the WL, AKL, and All Stars are not available for booking in 2020 or 2021 at this time.

Before everything in the reservation get locked out some guests last month were able to book into the first couple days of Oct, 2021 for the 50th Anniversary.

If you really want the WL experience you should consider the CCV side of the resort when DVC bookings reopen for your time period.

Dave

I'm thinking about moving my current one to Nov/Dec next year. I was hoping that normal WL would be open, but my calculator says a DVC upgrade would only be like $400 more total. I just don't think I can book that far in advance yet, so I'll...do nothing for now, I guess.

I completely agree with @Dave006 CCV is beautiful and part of the main building! You’re still getting the same experience - but the bonus is you’ll have an updated room and a kitchenette. Good luck, hope you get it!

I had a nature view king sized bed at WL.....now its switched to BRV deluxe studio.
I have had both.....and I think my king sized bed would be better lol...but we will live. :love2:

Well, we discussed it some more and we have decided to wait a bit to cancel/postpone. Our reservations are not until Dec, so who knows what will happen in the meantime. My husband is TOTALLY in agreement with those who have posted regarding Disney waiving parking fees for the resorts for the foreseeable future; it just is one way to cut down on the use of public transportation

So I just switched my WL reservation in November over to the Contemporary. I've never stayed there before so it'll be nice to try something new but my heart hurt a little bit making that call. :(

The cast member I spoke to did say that should the Lodge open I would be able to switch back. Did anybody else have a CM say something similar? I won't hold out hope but it's a little spark lol.

The cast member I spoke to did say that should the Lodge open I would be able to switch back. Did anybody else have a CM say something similar? I won't hold out hope but it's a little spark lol.
Sure if the WL reopens you can switch your reservation back. As long as there are open availability you and everyone else has an equal chance to snag a reservation. Keep watching but don't expect the WL hotel rooms to open any time soon.

There are just too few of them at ~370 and they were in the middle of a remodel when they stopped all work in March. Did they offer you a CCV or BRV option at the WL in addition to the CR?
Also if you don't mind sharing what type of room did you get at the Contemporary?

Dave

For those that have October 2020 reservations, did Disney contact you about moving resorts or did you have to contact them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter