Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently have reservations at WL from 12/27-1/6/21. How were you contacted regarding the fact that you were being moved? Just checked MDE and it still has us at the WL. I'm not thrilled about a change of venue, but am trying to open to a "new experience" if need be.

Is there any word on what the current transportation around Disney will be? For those of us who are close to MK will the monorail or boats be up and working?
It really will depend on when you go and what the current operational status is for the Parks and Resorts.

Here is the information that Disney has posted:

Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.

When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.

Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.

Minnie Van Service
Minnie Van Service is temporarily unavailable.

Dave

I’m so sad reading these posts. We always stay at WL Thanksgiving week and have plans to do so again this year. It‘s SO disappointing to read that it sounds like it will be closed. I wonder why. We’ll miss the ambiance and especially seeing the tree from the club lounge. So sad. 😢 I’m going to wait a while before trying to call. I spent nearly this entire week on hold trying to sort out park passes with our expiring APs. I finally got it resolved, but it was a long, frustrating process. I‘m taking a break from any more calls to Disney for now.
If Copper Creek or BR has availability they’ll move you for the price difference. Or perhaps no charge. But club level seems out regardless for 2020.

We currently have reservations at WL from 12/27-1/6/21. How were you contacted regarding the fact that you were being moved? Just checked MDE and it still has us at the WL. I'm not thrilled about a change of venue, but am trying to open to a "new experience" if need be.
Yesterday we received a call from Disney.

If Copper Creek or BR has availability they’ll move you for the price difference. Or perhaps no charge. But club level seems out regardless for 2020.
I discovered I could change the reservation myself in MDE. I moved to a 1 bedroom CC villa for just a little more than my original reservation. I’m excited to stay at CCV! We’ve never stayed in a villa, and I’m so happy we can be at the WL. It will still feel like Thanksgiving to is, just a little bit different.

After reading here the brilliant idea that some people had moved from WL to CCV or BRV, I called this morning to move our mid-December WL trip. The CM I spoke with said those are not an option unless you pay for the upgrade. You have to go deluxe to deluxe, not deluxe to deluxe villa. Strangely, GF or the garden wing at CR were his first suggestions, and although I suggested our preference was BC/YC, the end result was Poly. I’ll miss the holiday atmosphere at WL, but what can you do? The only annoying part is the utter lack of consistency in terms of who Is allowed to switch to what.

After reading here the brilliant idea that some people had moved from WL to CCV or BRV, I called this morning to move our mid-December WL trip. The CM I spoke with said those are not an option unless you pay for the upgrade. You have to go deluxe to deluxe, not deluxe to deluxe villa. Strangely, GF or the garden wing at CR were his first suggestions, and although I suggested our preference was BC/YC, the end result was Poly. I’ll miss the holiday atmosphere at WL, but what can you do? The only annoying part is the utter lack of consistency in terms of who Is allowed to switch to what.
We moved from a mod to CCV and paid the difference. Lateral moves aren’t being charged however if they deem deluxe and DVC different levels then I guess that makes sense? Who knows anymore.

I discovered I could change the reservation myself in MDE. I moved to a 1 bedroom CC villa for just a little more than my original reservation. I’m excited to stay at CCV! We’ve never stayed in a villa, and I’m so happy we can be at the WL. It will still feel like Thanksgiving to is, just a little bit different.
The CCV rooms are my favorite on property, you’ll love it! Especially with that giant tub :)

We think it’s What Available, not who allowed

We just found out both of reservations are moved, Wilderness is moved to GF
and we were told both Wilderness and AKL
won’t be opened next year either 😥.
Now we are hold😱 two hours seeing which
resort is “open “ for AKL week 12-5-12-20.

Wow...I can't believe resorts are already being slated to not be open next year 🙁 .

We're booked 12/13-12/19 and I keep checking MDE and ours is still showing WL as well.

Last edited:
It really will depend on when you go and what the current operational status is for the Parks and Resorts.

Here is the information that Disney has posted:

Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.

When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.

Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.

Minnie Van Service
Minnie Van Service is temporarily unavailable.

Dave
Thank you I arrive in September so I was wondering if the boats would be operating

We think it’s What Available, not who allowed

I could see 1bdrm villas available at both CCV and BRV for our dates when I went into my reservation and attempted to modify, and I still see those now. I’d just have to pay rack rate for it, with no price protection. I really don’t think it was an availability issue. The CM was also pretty clear that I wasn’t allowed to move there for the same rate as I had at WL, not that there wasn’t space.

Called at 7 am yesterday, on hold until 9:54 am, but worth it. I had reserved WL for the week before Christmas. Hadn't been contacted by Disney, but called anyway. Was offered a 1-bedroom at BRV with "price protection" (no extra charge) if I accepted now. If I wanted her to check on other resorts, price protection not guaranteed. We love the WL area and hope the main lobby will still be decorated at Christmas, so of course I took BRV. Hope it can actually happen.

Asked about transportation - the CM wasn't sure about boats, but there would be transportation. We kind of plan to drive to the parks anyway, so not a big deal.

We just booked a trip to WDW, Jan 3 to 8, 2021. We have a deluxe studio at CCV with a walk-in shower. We are excited about our return to the Wilderness Lodge. :)

Last edited:
Just canceled my Dec. 2020 WL reservation... Not going till next year.. Hopefully Dec 2021 but heard WL would not be open then either.. Well maybe 2022 then...

Refunds depends on payment method. Credit cards: 3-5 business days depending on your bank. Gift cards: depends on if you still have original gift card.

The longer delays in April-May were due to the number of CMs on furlough.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter