• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reservation (non DVC) for Dec 19-24.... I can't imagine which hotel they'd move us to if they aren't open. Sigh. :rolleyes2
Finally got through to guest services for the 3rd time this week. This CM recommended that I move my reservation if I wanted to be sure I'd have a room for December. I was offered Polynesian with marina/pool view or Contemporary garden wing/garden view for the same price as my reservation at the WL. Nothing available at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. So I changed to the Poly, that room is like $800/night, about $300 a night more than my rate at the WL.

So now I'll wait until I can book WL for December 2021 and enjoy the Polynesian this year.

Finally got through to guest services for the 3rd time this week. This CM recommended that I move my reservation if I wanted to be sure I'd have a room for December. I was offered Polynesian with marina/pool view or Contemporary garden wing/garden view for the same price as my reservation at the WL. Nothing available at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. So I changed to the Poly, that room is like $800/night, about $300 a night more than my rate at the WL.

So now I'll wait until I can book WL for December 2021 and enjoy the Polynesian this year.
If they're willing to offer that upgrade, makes it seem like at least for now, WL not opening in 2020 is a real possibility. Maybe a capacity play and the fact that WL/AKL are harder to figure out transportation than the other deluxe hotels?...

Last edited:
If they're willing to offer that upgrade, makes it seem like at least for now, WL not opening in 2020 is a real possibility. Maybe a capacity play and the fact that WL/AKL are harder to figure out transportation than the other deluxe hotels?...
How can WL be any harder to figure out transportation, particularly if it’s already running for Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge?

I wonder if they will take the opportunity to rehab all the rooms at WL. The club level rooms were supposed to be rehabbed earlier in the year ... by March, I believe. To rehab a floor, they also need to take out a floor above and under. This is tricky with the smaller size of WL. So, with reduced park capacity and all, maybe they will just keep it closed until all the rooms have undergone rehab.

Last edited:

How can WL be any harder to figure out transportation, particularly if it’s already running for Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge?

I wonder if they will take the opportunity to rehab all the rooms at WL. The club level rooms were supposed to be rehabbed earlier in the year ... by March, I believe. To rehab a floor, they also need to take out a floor above and under. This is tricky with the smaller size of WL. So, with reduced park capacity and all, maybe they will just keep it closed until all the rooms have undergone rehab.
My point being that the DVC resorts have to open but why make the ongoing transportation issues worse by opening the WL cash rooms as well.

No way WDW spends $ on a room refurb in this climate.

I ended up changing my May 2021 WL reservation to CCV. How do they compare? We had a standard view room at WL and are now in a deluxe studio at CCV. Cost difference was like $20 more, so that’s no big deal.

I ended up changing my May 2021 WL reservation to CCV. How do they compare? We had a standard view room at WL and are now in a deluxe studio at CCV. Cost difference was like $20 more, so that’s no big deal.

Hi! At CCV you’ll get an updated room, as well as a kitchenette (because it’s a DVC room - standard WL rooms do not have.) Here’s a walkthrough so you get an idea. They’re beautiful! I hope you enjoy it!

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Zp7gtUdZMZy

TO be honest, for our family, with the exception of the bed situation, we much prefer the CCV studios to the WL rooms [that may change once WL finishes its room refurbishment].

One of the primary differences is the WL room with two queen beds [though there are some king bed rooms] versus the studios which have a queen and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa is not the most comfortable thing to sleep on as an adult, though if there is only one adult on it I found you can adjust your position to find a comfortable position -- but it is not as comfortable as the bed. Now, if you are just two people who will be sharing the bed, then CCV is a bonus as you will have a sofa and a lot of nice floor space !!

In other ways the CCV room wins for us. No carpet - it has a laminate flooring that looks like hardwood and is good for allergies. As a DVC studio it comes with a microwave [both WL and CCV studios have little fridges] {if you want, this could open up doing some meals in-room} and storage around the kitchenette area. Whether you get a room with a walk-in shower or a tub, the showerhead is one that can be hand-held, vs fixed in WL.

Finally, I think your chances of having a nice view are better in CCV -- overlooking the courtyard or overlooking towards BRV. With a standard view at WL you could end up over the dumpsters.

SW

TO be honest, for our family, with the exception of the bed situation, we much prefer the CCV studios to the WL rooms [that may change once WL finishes its room refurbishment].

One of the primary differences is the WL room with two queen beds [though there are some king bed rooms] versus the studios which have a queen and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa is not the most comfortable thing to sleep on as an adult, though if there is only one adult on it I found you can adjust your position to find a comfortable position -- but it is not as comfortable as the bed. Now, if you are just two people who will be sharing the bed, then CCV is a bonus as you will have a sofa and a lot of nice floor space !!

In other ways the CCV room wins for us. No carpet - it has a laminate flooring that looks like hardwood and is good for allergies. As a DVC studio it comes with a microwave [both WL and CCV studios have little fridges] {if you want, this could open up doing some meals in-room}. Whether you get a room with a walk-in shower or a tub, the showerhead is one that can be hand-held, vs fixed in WL.

Finally, I think your chances of having a nice view are better in CCV -- overlooking the courtyard or overlooking towards BRV. With a standard view at WL you could end up over the dumpsters.

SW
Thanks! The pull out bed doesn’t bother me much because we have one daughter who will be almost 5 at the time. So either she’ll sleep on that alone or she’ll sleep with me and my husband will get the pullout 😂

That’s good to know about the views! My husband really wanted WL, so I figured if it wasn’t open this was the best way to assure that we get in there. Hopefully Storybook dining is open by then! 🤞🏻

I have a reservation (non DVC) for Dec 19-24.... I can't imagine which hotel they'd move us to if they aren't open. Sigh. :rolleyes2

We're booked WL CL (3 rooms) for 12/13-12/19 🙁 .

Thanks for posting. I've been leaning toward cancelling/rescheduling our Dec trip and reading your post has pushed me closer to that decision. I appreciate you posting about your experience :).

**sadly asks** Can I get the phone number from you that you called to make this happen?

We are booked at WL (non DVC) for the first week of November. Right now we’re going to hold tight and see if an opening date gets announced because we really want to stay here, but how long do we wait??
Same here, we are holding tight for now. I am more likely to cancel completely then move I think.

Thank you so much. I'm going to wait a few days to call, but I am going to call to see what options they give me. I've always wanted to stay at both The Poly and The Contemporary (like since I was a littttle kiddo I've wanted to stay at the Contemporary and who wouldn't with that monorail whipping through it!).
Buttt I specifically picked The Wilderness Lodge for this trip because I took the boat over to see it in all its decorated glory one year at Christmas time and fell in love with the ambiance.

Thank you so much. I'm going to wait a few days to call, but I am going to call to see what options they give me. I've always wanted to stay at both The Poly and The Contemporary (like since I was a littttle kiddo I've wanted to stay at the Contemporary and who wouldn't with that monorail whipping through it!).
Buttt I specifically picked The Wilderness Lodge for this trip because I took the boat over to see it in all its decorated glory one year at Christmas time and fell in love with the ambiance.
Good luck with a great upgrade! I did a split stay last year in December and stayed at the WL for the last three nights. It is really spectacular at Christmas. I was hoping to return for a six night stay this December but the upgrade to the Poly was just too enticing - I'd never pay $800/night for a hotel room. Hopefully I can return to Lodge during December 2021.

We have WL booked around thanksgiving. I’m hanging tight, and will make a decision mid September once we know more. It maybe due to rehab, or reducing capacity, or a wait and see on need. I will say that the lodge often books up by January for the following nov/dec due to the holiday decorations. Thus, that’s a lot of people to move - so hopefully it reopens by beginning of nov. Right now the CMs have no clue.

we are booked at CCV sept 24-30th! We are dvc and was booked at Jambo house, when a CCV studio opened we grabbed it. Rather know we have close by food options that are OPEN. Jambo house unknowns was too much stress to hang on to. Happy to be back at CCV! we were there last April 2019, and in 2018 we were at BRV. 90 days till check in!

We changed our July booking to a 2 BR at CCV and we are SO excited. We are expecting a lot of room time this trip so we are glad our family of 5 will be able to spread out. Question though- do the rooms have DVD players or Netflix accessibility or anything? We could bring a Roku if needed. Just want to have options besides the channels the TVs get for our days when the parks close early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter