Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can a pack and play or crib fit in the closet of a 1BR at Boulder Ridge? It looks like it from the pictures

Can a pack and play or crib fit in the closet of a 1BR at Boulder Ridge? It looks like it from the pictures
Hi
Are your referring to the closet of the bath? I store my luggage in there, so it should be able to fit.

We got back last Sunday from out first stay at Wilderness Lodge and I thought I would do a mini review.

We arrived 11-6 - our flight arrived at 10:30 and I got a text right away that our room wasn't ready yet. We took the Magical Express to the hotel and were the first stop once we arrived on property. Even though we knew our room wasn't ready yet, we went ahead and went to the desk to check on a room. The CM checking us in told us that our room was on the 6th floor and that it was NOT a king room like we requested. She did call someone and ask about the availability of a king room, but we were told the hotel was fully booked and there were no King room available.

Our room was lovely and was very clean. We were on the 6th floor just beyond the lobby area. We were standard view and our "below" view was a service yard, but off in the distance we could see Space Mountain and had a wonderful view of the fireworks from our balcony. We were room 6064.

As far as transportation, we never waited too long for a bus or boat. No complaints at all about transportation.

For food. We ate at Artist Point, Whispering Canyon, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. Artist Point was the best meal of our trip - it was our first time there and I am so sad that it is being re-themed. We did breakfast at Whispering Canyon and were the first ADR of the day at 7:30 and it was great. The food was great and our server was excellent. We did three breakfasts at Roaring Fork. They were fine - nothing fantastic, but pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that I got a "Bear Claw" one morning and it wasn't very good. Geyser Point was excellent. DH spent quite a few afternoons sitting at the bar and found the service to be top notch. One night we had a dinner reservation at Trail's End and were too pooped to go over there. The Concierge was wonderful and cancelled the ADR for us without a charge and we had dinner at Geyser Point. DH and I both had the Bison burger and it was delicious. We ate really early - about 4:45 and by the time we finished there was a fairly long wait for a table.

Other things - our room did not have the large, refillable bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body wash, but I almost wish we did because we our original set of toiletries was not replenished during the week. There was a Mousekeeping cart in the hall near our room one day and DH tried to see if there was anymore body wash on the cart he could get and there wasn't any, so I'm not sure if they are trying to use up the small ones before the larger ones are installed and are rationing them or what. We had a couple problems with our room -the tub dripped really badly and the preset numbers on the phone were wrong (I hit the "housekeeping" button one day to try and tell them about the dripping tub and I called 911 - not good). I went down to the desk the next morning and a manager was at the desk so I told her the problems. They were taken care of by the time we got back to the room that afternoon and we had a box of chocolates on the bed with a note apologizing for the problems.

We only used the quiet pool and it was nice. I just wish that the rule that little kids can't be in the hot tub without an adult was actually enforced.

Overall, it was a great trip and fantastic to try a new resort.
I'm with you on being sad about Artist Point, we loved it and really missed it last week during our stay at the lodge. Had a wonderful time there as usual, added CL when we checked in. I was actually glad we didn't have the huge containers of shampoo etc. and luckily ours were replenished each day but it is possible they're not doing that regularly now as they get ready for the dispensers :(
Also love Geyser Point, food and drinks! And of course the view, glad you did also!

How comfortable is the sofa bed in the CCV studio for two, 13-year-old boys?

TIA!
In March my boys then 15 & 12 slept on it with no complaints :)

Had a wonderful time there as usual, added CL when we checked in. I was actually glad we didn't have the huge containers of shampoo etc. and luckily ours were replenished each day but it is possible they're not doing that regularly now as they get ready for the dispensers :(
We were there last week and also added CL at check-in! Wonder if we saw each other in the lounge or elevator.

Our toiletries weren’t replaced at all during our stay. Even though that was annoying (I thought about calling to request more but we had enough to make it), I still felt thankful they hadn’t made the switch yet to the wall-mounted containers.

Ok so I’ve tried to review the posts the best I could and I have seen multiple places that room referbishments are happening at WL- does anyone know when the projected time frame it’s to start and finish? Booked for end of Oct 19 just curious on what will be going on by then- I realize there’s delays etc- just an idea of when is what I’m looking for as it looks like it was postponed from this fall?
Thanks in advance

I'm with you on being sad about Artist Point, we loved it and really missed it last week during our stay at the lodge. Had a wonderful time there as usual, added CL when we checked in. I was actually glad we didn't have the huge containers of shampoo etc. and luckily ours were replenished each day but it is possible they're not doing that regularly now as they get ready for the dispensers :(
Also love Geyser Point, food and drinks! And of course the view, glad you did also!

In March my boys then 15 & 12 slept on it with no complaints :)

You can add CL when you check in? Does this move you to a CL room or just give you access to the lounge? What is the cost?

I apologize if this is a better question for the Transportation board, but can anyone tell me if there’s a bus route the WL shares with any of the monorail resorts? Trying to hop on the monorail loop to see the decorations next month and want to avoid the boats if at all possible. TIA!

We were there last week and also added CL at check-in! Wonder if we saw each other in the lounge or elevator.

Our toiletries weren’t replaced at all during our stay. Even though that was annoying (I thought about calling to request more but we had enough to make it), I still felt thankful they hadn’t made the switch yet to the wall-mounted containers.
Maybe we did :goodvibes Love the lounge at WL, this time my DH spent quite a bit of time talking to the........ lounge manager I guess? Jason.
I am not a fan of the wall mounted containers so the longer they wait to install them the happier I'll be! My next stay is in May so crossing fingers they aren't in yet but I'm not hopeful :rolleyes:

You can add CL when you check in? Does this move you to a CL room or just give you access to the lounge? What is the cost?
I know @dansdad answered your questions but I just wanted to say it's easy and we didn't mind not having our room on the 7th floor at all :)

I apologize if this is a better question for the Transportation board, but can anyone tell me if there’s a bus route the WL shares with any of the monorail resorts? Trying to hop on the monorail loop to see the decorations next month and want to avoid the boats if at all possible. TIA!

In my experience, the bus service from the Lodge has shared with Contemporary for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, although this was last year the last time I did that. You could also take the bus to Magic Kingdom (a brief 5 minute ride) and then board the resort monorail.

In my experience, the bus service from the Lodge has shared with Contemporary for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, although this was last year the last time I did that. You could also take the bus to Magic Kingdom (a brief 5 minute ride) and then board the resort monorail.
Thank you! Hopefully it’s still the same route. I remember sharing with one resort the last time we stayed at the Lodge but I couldn’t remember which one and what the order was.

Thank you! Hopefully it’s still the same route. I remember sharing with one resort the last time we stayed at the Lodge but I couldn’t remember which one and what the order was.

Yeah I doubt they would change it (although you never know) but it was Wilderness Lodge first then Contemporary second. So you'd be good to go with either strategy.

Thanks! We are staying there next Thanksgiving :D
Do know the order which they decorate the resorts changes every year. Still, they finish them all by Thanksgiving. Not before but by. So next time WL could well be the last and it may well be right at Thanksgiving day when it's done. Or it may be first. Who knows. They do it by lottery

Also just wanted to add that the upgrade option is based on availability at check in - there’s a finite number of guests they’ll let do it at any given time. But to date I don’t think I have seen a report of anyone being told they couldn’t do it due to capacity.
To add one more tidbit, for others reading along for the first time and curious, this is something only offered at WL. I think right now it doesn't run out because there's no advertisement and they don't suggest it at check-in. So, other than by word of mouth, there's just no way to know about it. Which is fine with me. We plan to add it on again when we are there just before NYE. I dislike the 7th floor rooms so I'm very happy they made this option available.

I've been posting my cl pix on the cl thread if interested. I have a few more to come later too.

Overall my dh changed his mind. He said he was wrong and now loves wl. We walked from one end of the cabins to the other and everywhere in between.

Oh I took pix of the fitness bathroom aand lobby n stuff I still need to post. I have so many pix!

oh the bus was FAST. Even dh was impressed. It was 5/6 mins to/from MK . We left at 8;50 one morning and still made it to MK and through security for 9Am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter