Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was possibly thinking of a last minute trip, would be arriving in a few weeks. It would also be my first time staying here. I wanted to stay club level - standard view. Would construction affect this room? What would be best to request through online check in? Thanks so much!

All of the WL CL rooms are Standard rooms, not views - very easy to get this confused. At WL, CL views are by-request only and aren't guaranteed, (BWI is this way, too). There's more information in the CL chapter on the views, but if you're going soon, I would request a Courtyard View room in the North Wing. You can see the EWP and Bay Lake and the North Wing is furthest from VWL. Not all the top floor Woods View rooms in the North Wing have a view of the Castle, but you could request one.

:thumbsup2 Will give DH the message...he'll appreciate that. The Vietnam Vets weren't given the "welcome home" the current military gets...and DESERVES. I remember picking him up at the airport after his deployment of 17 months...no hugs, kisses or visiting...their CO's told them to get out of the airports ASAP...and we did hear a few "not so nice" words. It's been gratifying for them the past few years as their service is finally being recognized. Thanks again. :hug:

As for the luggage...traveling with 9 & 13 year old DGD's who wouldn't THINK of allowing us to take the time to retrieve luggage. :lmao: It's off the plane, DIRECTLY to ME...I'm lucky if I get to make a stop at Starbuck's while they're in the restroom! :rotfl2: We pack 2 changes of clothes in carry-on luggage and often don't get into larger pieces of luggage until the 2nd day. :rolleyes: But, with that said, thanks for that piece of information...I WILL remember that for our next "without grandchildren" trip! :thumbsup2 :tink:

17 months is a long deployment, especially during war - a very rough war. And, no homecoming at all - pretend you didn't serve! Makes me very angry and sad, but it's wonderful DH can share your love of WDW with you and I totally understand about letting DME do all the dirty luggage work for you and your family.

We are down to Single Digits!!!!! 8 DAYS till we're back!! I'm very excited!!! Almost done packing! Going shopping this weekend for snacks for the trip! I am truly looking forward to the main entrance doors at WL opening and seeing that beautiful Christmas tree!
To everyone leaving this month, have a great trip!!!!!!

Did you get some good snacks? It's almost time!!

Long time lurker... We will be checking in on 12/19 for a weeks stay! We will be there really early as we have a Marceline to Magic Kingdon tour that morning. My question is should we bother trying to check in and have Bell svcs hold our luggage or just go straight to the park? Our room request is more important than getting in early. Should we do on line check in through MDE? We have a room request fax going through TouringPlans. TIA!

Welcome to the WL/VWL thread, @TinkerBellSam!

Quiet pool construction, sorry.... Destruction!

Thank you for the photos and the chuckle! Oh, and thank you for also posting to the Expansion thread:)

Woo hoo waitlist came through! Can you please add me to the Lodgers Log VWL 12/6-8? Thanks!

:wave:
Glad you were able to make it official! Is this a split?

Don't know if it was already reported but the lodge now has bus monitors.

Thank you for the update - they were installed in October, but they filed a permit for them in May. For those wondering about them, I only have a photo of the BWI monitor. The times update constantly, meaning, the actual arrival time gets later and later, and sometimes, later. At least this was our experience at GF.

125-bus-times-at-boardwalk-stop-1024x576-jpg.112769

From 11/9

Going, going...

This morning

Gone!

I was toying with the idea of Dec 2016 trip..... What will they be working on then? Any idea, lol?

No idea, sorry, but there is more information in the WL DVC Expansion thread. The link is at the top of POST 1.

No tree yet. But Christmas music is playing in the lobby. Maybe it's a hint that it will go up tonight?
There was Christmas music yesterday when we checked out.....a guy I met there said he was told it would go up on the 26th. I was shocked, but he could be wrong.

WDWKOOK- we did! Of course mostly the kids picks, but I made sure to get some things for myself lol

We leave tomorrow night! I can't believe it!! It honestly hasn't fully set in yet. My kids think we leave next week (they know we're having Thanksgiving dinner in Disney) but have no clue we leave tomorrow! I'm looking forward to surprising them!!! We start off at Bonnet Creek for a week and then over to WL!

Hope everyone leaving has a safe and fun trip!!!!!!

Gosh I hope that's not right! That is Thanksgiving day, right??

Yup. I just heard from my BIL who is there now and was told the same thing. It appears that WL was the last Deluxe picked in the yearly lottery they use to determine the order they get decorated.

Yup. I just heard from my BIL who is there now and was told the same thing. It appears that WL was the last Deluxe picked in the yearly lottery they use to determine the order they get decorated.

I believe it went up in the 24th last year. We arrive on the 28th, I'll let you guys know if it's up!!

We just checked in and I asked about the decorations. They said they will definitely be up before Thanksgiving. Guess we will wait and see!! We leave Wed so I pray maybe we get one good look at them before we head out!

I booked dinner there for Saturday night so my mother could see the decorations for the first time. I guess we will miss them too.

Just back from a weekend to celebrate our 30th anniversary!
I love this resort, even though we had rather uneven service this time. Room 4096, standard view of 2 roofs, right above the gift shop area. I was hoping for a better standard room, but fully understand that it was not to be. Still it was great and it was spotlessly clean. Even though we had checked in on line, we had to check in again. We are AP holders and this was our 4th trip this year. We were starving, and went right to Roaring Fork for a snack and, of course our bands did not work to pay. Back to the front desk :( We were finally all set.
The elevators were fast and efficient, and our room was close to them and the stairs to the lobby. Easy. :) Also we got the cute free pin pack because of the construction! Another nice thing! :D

The next morning we had a quick bite at the Territory Lounge, and it was lovely, even more special because the CM gave us our breakfast for free and said Happy Anniversary! :) Score!

We had breakfast at Roaring Fork later in the weekend, and I have to say it is a tough slog there. It is just too small! There is only one soda machine, in the corner, and the cash registers are really pinned in to the other corner. It is difficult to try for a quick grab and go there. It takes time.

Boat and Bus transportation worked mostly flawless this trip, except for one very long wait back from MK after wishes. ( At least we were entertained by the wonderful EWP!)

I love the new TVs at the bus stop.
I love taking the boat from the lodge, it is so charming!

Another slight disappointment was not being able to have an extra half hour to check out on Sunday. I asked in advance and was told absolutely not!:C So we had to check out of the room really early and hold our luggage at valet, who was wonderful. We went to AK for a fast morning visit. We caught the safari, ITTBAB, EE, and did a quick run through a gift shop. We learned never to make a WCC reservation at 11:45 am for lunch, which is the first of the day because they just cannot honor it at all. They always have late breakfasters and have to completely turn over the kitchen before they can seat you for lunch. There were many others waiting too. We were not seated for our reservation until 12:40, and just had to ask the server, (who was super nice) to process our order to go. We had a 1:15 ME bus to catch, and that meant being outside by 1. That is a cautionary tale if you have ME reservations around lunchtime and want to also try for a sit down at WCC. You may be late. However, we got fabulously delicious pulled pork and turkey sandwiches to go and had them as we were sitting outside in the beautiful Florida sunshine, waiting for the ME, which of course was late! :0. We probably could have eaten in the restaurant after all!
I would not hesitate to stay here again, though. It is a stunning resort. I wish we were able to stay later and see the Christmas tree, oh well maybe next time!
For all those who get to stay at this beautiful resort, enjoy!

Last edited:
Sorely disappointed, no decorations. Asked for 7am check in and room facing MK. Got a 3pm text and 6th floor rooms looking out on construction. Even paid extra for woods view. Looking at the parking lot would be an upgrade.

So not impressed with this place.

I've read somewhere on the boards that some people are getting $100 a day taken off their bill because of the construction. We'll be there 12/11-19. How do I get info concerning this possible deduction?

They offered to move me but we are settled in the room. Tried napping during mid day rush and the jackhammer and loader was loud. I'd avoid this side if you can. Really disappointed. Probably stay off site if we come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter