Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I ate lunch at Geyser Point this past Monday. We both had a salmon salad and our appetizer was shrimp on a wire. Both were very good and we loved the atmosphere - we lucked out and had fantastic weather. The menu is not extensive, but I’ve heard the bison burgers are very good. I can’t comment on Territory Lounge as we didn’t get there.

Thoughts about the food in both Geyser Point and Territory Lounge. We are staying one night in a few weeks and I'd like to try one of them. Atmosphere in both look nice - but if one has a better menu that would tip the scales. Our kids are 11 and 15 and not super picky. Thanks!
Both are fine, though I'd give the edge to Territory Lounge for food. For ambiance, Geyser Point edges out TL if: a) weather is good; b) it's not crowded meaning you have to wait for a seat; and c) you might have to deal with bugs and/or birds at GP depending on time of year. TL has the superb smoked mushroom bisque and other tasty dishes, as well as a far superior wine list. GP has the bison burger and a smoked beef brisket that are very good, if heavy, and their waffle fries when fresh are among the best I've ever had. So, I've been no help. pirate: Look over the menus, decide what looks best to you, and go there. Have fun deciding!

Hi all! Quick question...staying in a 2BR at BRV and would like to have 2 Queens in the one bedroom and be as close as possible to the main lodge. Any suggestions on how to word my requests? I wasn't sure if there was some specific verbiage that I should use for BRV that would be helpful or not. Many thanks!

Hi all! Quick question...staying in a 2BR at BRV and would like to have 2 Queens in the one bedroom and be as close as possible to the main lodge. Any suggestions on how to word my requests? I wasn't sure if there was some specific verbiage that I should use for BRV that would be helpful or not. Many thanks!
Did you book as cash through Disney? Or are you staying on Points (own or rental). If you booked through cash my understanding has always been you will get a dedicated 2 Bedroom, which means you will have 2 queen beds in the second room. If you booked on points (rent or own) and it doesn't say 2 Bedroom Lockoff then you have 2 queen beds; the lockoff is a studio and 1 bedroom with an adjoining door.

As for a request to be near the lodge you can simply request that. However, others who have experience staying in BRV will probably offer even better requests that also would meet your main lodge request (though no room is really that far away).

Did you book as cash through Disney? Or are you staying on Points (own or rental). If you booked through cash my understanding has always been you will get a dedicated 2 Bedroom, which means you will have 2 queen beds in the second room. If you booked on points (rent or own) and it doesn't say 2 Bedroom Lockoff then you have 2 queen beds; the lockoff is a studio and 1 bedroom with an adjoining door.

As for a request to be near the lodge you can simply request that. However, others who have experience staying in BRV will probably offer even better requests that also would meet your main lodge request (though no room is really that far away).

We did book as cash via Disney, so hopefully that will indeed mean a dedicated 2BR.

As for a request to be near the lodge you can simply request that. However, others who have experience staying in BRV will probably offer even better requests that also would meet your main lodge request (though no room is really that far away).[/QUOTE]crvetter is correct. There are no rooms far from the main building, even if you're at the very end of a hallway--it's not like Animal Kingdom Lodge where sometimes you feel as if you're on a safari just to get to the main lobby. ;) The bus stop sits between the main Lodge and VWL (sorry, that's what us old-timers call Boulder Ridge), and you're connected by a lovely covered walkway so rain isn't an issue. As for getting to eats and shopping, you're all of maybe 2-3 minutes away from the time you walk out of your room.

As for room requests, obviously nothing is guaranteed. Since we like to look out over the lake, that's what we request along with a high floor since you can see more of the lake, perhaps EWP, and in some cases, even the higher explosions of the MK fireworks. If you wish to be closer to the main building still, then you can ask for something like high floor near the elevator. You could very well end up on the bus side of the resort (it's not noisy as it sounds, just is what we call it). The view there is trees, and it's very quiet. I'm unsure whether cash reservations get preference for dedicated 2BRs, but it could possibly be true. Enjoy your stay at my second home!

There really isn't a room that far or close to the main lodge. There is one set of elevators, so you'll probably want to be close to an elevator. Then just head out either the front door or back door (closer to the pool) to get to the lodge.

Thank you all! It’s good to know the walk is minimal no matter the room location. I must add, that whole “lake view” request sounds lovely!;) I guess since the two queens top the wish list, I’ll stick to that as my lead request and cross my fingers.:thumbsup2

Both are fine, though I'd give the edge to Territory Lounge for food. For ambiance, Geyser Point edges out TL if: a) weather is good; b) it's not crowded meaning you have to wait for a seat; and c) you might have to deal with bugs and/or birds at GP depending on time of year. TL has the superb smoked mushroom bisque and other tasty dishes, as well as a far superior wine list. GP has the bison burger and a smoked beef brisket that are very good, if heavy, and their waffle fries when fresh are among the best I've ever had. So, I've been no help. pirate: Look over the menus, decide what looks best to you, and go there. Have fun deciding!
Do both stay open until midnight? If we arrived at 11:30 PM would we still be able to order food? Trying to figure out our very late first night's arrival.

Do both stay open until midnight? If we arrived at 11:30 PM would we still be able to order food? Trying to figure out our very late first night's arrival.
According to the Disney website, Roaring Forks and Geyser Point are supposed to be open until midnight. I know that Roaring Forks has a very limited menu late at night. You might be able to get room service that late at night, but I think they close at midnight. You might want to play it safe and pick up something before you get to the resort.

As Wood Nymph notes, RF and GP are listed as being open to midnight; TL is only open until 11 p.m. And I agree that if you wish to be safe, pick up something on the way. You shouldn't find much traffic at that time of night, but I personally wouldn't want to take that chance.

It said for a reduced fee you could pick characters on your Magic Band or for free like always a plain colored one. I read this somewhere just wondered if anyone else had seen it?

Going to offer a choice of 30 magic bands with various characters on them as an upgrade for a reduced rate I think it said $14.99 off retail price which probably means a $10 upgrade fee for each upgraded band....”coming soon” no start date given. Current complementary solid colors still offered...

It said for a reduced fee you could pick characters on your Magic Band or for free like always a plain colored one. I read this somewhere just wondered if anyone else had seen it?
Oh cool! I hadn't heard about this. That's nice they'll start offering this soon.

After lots of resort debating, we'll be back at WL from August 17 - 23 before we move to the BC for another week. We were originally at AoA in a LM room but we were missing WL after our Nov. stay so we made the change! Got a good discount so we are super happy to be back!

I saw the update on optional character magic bands too. I personally like to decorate everyone's magic bands- painting them gives me something to do as a countdown. So far I've done Beauty and the Beast (stained glass look) for DS1 and GF1, Tiana, Naveen, and Dr. Facilier for myself, DH, and DS2 when we stayed at POFQ, last summer I did Disney emoji and Tsum Tsum themed character ones for everyone: Peter Pan for DS1, Jiminy Cricket for GF1, Stitch for DS2, Pooh for GF2, Baloo for DH, and Maleficent for me, Mickey and Minnie as the Brave Little Tailor and the princess for DH and I's anniversary trip at Boardwalk Inn, and this summer they want to do ride themes. I've got Test Track for DS1, Slinky Dog Dash for DS2, Space Mt. for GF2, PotC for DH, and HM for me. Still waiting on GF1 to decide what she wants. DS2 is helping me design them this time.

Does anyone have a list of the current activities offered at the Wilderness Lodge? We are staying there at the end of this month and wondering what is offered. We stayed at Kidani at AKL two years ago and my youngest son enjoyed going to the wildlife talks and earning beads. He just asked me if WL has something similar. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter