Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the OP, but this is super helpful! Thanks!

Has anyone actually used the grills? My DH - aka our household grill master - thinks it will be magical to grill out one night during our CCV stay in July and I’m down for any vacation meal that doesn’t involve me cooking. Will we have any trouble with grill availability? Any pro tips?
VWL (now called Boulder Ridge) has been my DVC home for nearly 15 years. During that time, I've never seen "traffic congestion" at the grills, whether with the old ones or the new gas grills. In fact, since Copper Creek went in, I've visited or stayed at WL 5-6 times and have yet to see anyone at the grills. Plus, they're large grills, so unless a person is there cooking for a dozen people, I suspect you could use the same space simultaneously. ;)

VWL (now called Boulder Ridge) has been my DVC home for nearly 15 years. During that time, I've never seen "traffic congestion" at the grills, whether with the old ones or the new gas grills. In fact, since Copper Creek went in, I've visited or stayed at WL 5-6 times and have yet to see anyone at the grills. Plus, they're large grills, so unless a person is there cooking for a dozen people, I suspect you could use the same space simultaneously. ;)
Can anyone say head-to-head taste test vs Geyser Point buffalo burger?

Does anyone know if you can order any hot food as a snack credit for breakfast at Roaring Fork? I read on an old thread that some QS offer a side of scrambled eggs, side of sausage and side of bacon as a snack credit. Does Roaring Fork offer that? So far all I see for breakfast snack credits are bakery items, fruit, yogurt, etc. Thanks!

Plus, they're large grills, so unless a person is there cooking for a dozen people, I suspect you could use the same space simultaneously. ;)

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate your response and I’m glad to hear my DH can easily work his grill magic. This will be our first trip “home” since we joined DVC and we’re hoping to spend a little more time lolligagging and otherwise goofing off. A leisurely evening grilling out fits right in with that plan.

Can anyone say head-to-head taste test vs Geyser Point buffalo burger?

Ha! I’ll tell my DH to bring his A game. And now I can’t help but picture him flipping the spatula/burgers/salt/pepper like a Teppan Edo ninja chef! :rotfl2:

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate your response and I’m glad to hear my DH can easily work his grill magic. This will be our first trip “home” since we joined DVC and we’re hoping to spend a little more time lolligagging and otherwise goofing off. A leisurely evening grilling out fits right in with that plan.

Ha! I’ll tell my DH to bring his A game. And now I can’t help but picture him flipping the spatula/burgers/salt/pepper like a Teppan Edo ninja chef! :rotfl2:
We find ourselves spending more time "lolligagging and otherwise goofing off" than in the parks, anymore. Much more relaxing!

So excited to be staying here soon! Last minute for me normally, planned a trip for DH, DS2, GF2, and I to meet DS1 (who's stationed in FL) and GF1 (who's currently doing her 2nd college program) in late June for a six night stay! We were originally going to do POR but while watching Wheel of Fortune Disney week DH wanted to know how much more it would be to stay at WL. I told him and acted like it might be better to save it for a longer trip, but he thought it made more sense for this trip since we'd pay less overall and we're still going to have resort and down time. I secretly called the next day after conferring with both boys and GF1, and was able to book the exact same dates! One regular room for them and one bunk bed room for us both with courtyard views! We're keeping it a secret from DH and GF2. Can't wait!

Hi - is the pool at WL zero entry? We are staying there for the first time on 6/1. I've always wanted to try it so we decided to add a night at the end of our BC stay in a few weeks. Can't wait!!! We will just go to the MK for a few hours so we can spend the rest of the time exploring the resort and swimming. We are also staying CL which I'm excited about. Thanks!

Hi - is the pool at WL zero entry? We are staying there for the first time on 6/1. I've always wanted to try it so we decided to add a night at the end of our BC stay in a few weeks. Can't wait!!! We will just go to the MK for a few hours so we can spend the rest of the time exploring the resort and swimming. We are also staying CL which I'm excited about. Thanks!

The Main Pool -CC Springs, (the one with the with slide) is not zero entry.

0A2CF602-4FDE-487A-8C0D-397D05A964F5.jpeg

Boulder Ridge Pool, newest one over by Boulder Ridge, is....

374ACC16-8A40-4866-AD31-077DD8EE8DDA.jpeg

Enjoy!!!

Hello, we arrive at WL on 19th May with the family and granddaughters. Very special holiday for a number of reasons. Just read a really negative review on trip adviser about WL. and it has made me very anxious.
Amongst other complaints it states that the shower water smells of swamp and sewage and makes the room smell! Can anyone reassure me that this is not the case?

Hello, we arrive at WL on 19th May with the family and granddaughters. Very special holiday for a number of reasons. Just read a really negative review on trip adviser about WL. and it has made me very anxious.
Amongst other complaints it states that the shower water smells of swamp and sewage and makes the room smell! Can anyone reassure me that this is not the case?
First I'd stay away from Trip Advisor. It is the worse place to go to get valid reviews. It used to be but I don't believe any of them now. A shame

All of Orlando has the same icky water. It's not swamp or sewage. It's high sulfur content. But it's not worse or more at WL. It's the same all over.

We have had a room that was a tad musty smelling. There is no question it's past time for them to pull the soft goods here. It was supposed to have already begun. It's not that bad though and only one room in our recent stays had this issue.

Angi is correct. All of Orlando has meh water, but I wouldn't worry about any sort of odor or the steam from the shower or bath making the room smell. I've stayed at WL many times and never had that issue. WL is a marvelous resort (and my home away from home), and you will fall in love with its beauty, its majestic nature, the music, the jaw dropping lobby, and, yes, the smells (as in the splendiferous woodsy scent you'll miss when you leave). It is a resort that will ground you after spending so many hours in a crowded park--from the bubbling spring in the lobby, to the strains of Aaron Copland all over the resort, to the lush landscaping, to the ever so convenient boat to MK, to the view of Bay Lake from Geyser Point. It's beautiful, romantic, serene, and hauntingly memorable. Stop worrying. You have no idea what the person(s) who wrote the review(s) are like, whether they're trolls, or what their standards are. There are always naysayers. Victoria and Albert's is a 5-star restaurant. . .and yet you can find those who think it's terrible. Relax and enjoy your stay at the Lodge. And be sure to take a picture of your group by the totem in front of the Mercantile!

Thank you so much! This holiday will be very special for us as it will probably be the last time my husband and I visit “The Magic.” First time for the granddaughters! After all the planning and waiting we just want everything to go well. Thank you

Thank you so much! This holiday will be very special for us as it will probably be the last time my husband and I visit “The Magic.” First time for the granddaughters! After all the planning and waiting we just want everything to go well. Thank you
Remember, you are never locked into your room. If you find anything wrong with the room you get, just ask for a change. Folks do every day. Never just accept it. Explain what's wrong, in person at the front desk, not on the phone calmly and concisely (but firmly) and they will try to help. They can't always accommodate but will try

And I'd add don't hesitate to call about anything that can be fixed about your room. (I've seen reviews like "One of the lightbulbs was out, and it's too bad that it made the room kinda dark..." Well, they'll put in a new one!) Our tub was being really slow to drain the first day; we called about it, and they sent somebody up to unclog it within 15 minutes. So far, so good; what makes the "Disney difference" is that the next day after Mousekeeping we found a little box of chocolates from Disney Springs and this apology note:
DJnfiYpYHpfHLZLejODnsMbfz82CV1nbpYDFX5zc5ERK1xO_pQmMEDwplI2mZZO77JhHrE4fzjbBLVEA2JKWeUcvgTjBXYfCOaUUzH8FN6sbk-X-NOzGx9i0Hy9s2_nkAeOuEdA6zzbwKfE8450FCsF4gE9O8JlkLJKOa5GXN1p3NLZIfJyWt3Rrrh1shmvgLTT6F3aptQ8mf39OaHAvU7zXYRHbljf-0wYZnQjNYTV7gi5cbZkrTxJCP7wRk9YVUi7bJqW4_fkkubrouxl8Tu7TEpCjea8Jfu9O_YW6DpjzD7Ph66M5d7bwGsD_RuaELP4rfFGeuBUAvGBoeOpjuL7sIzwSsfyFVudniY7Wnz_lhNkjm8kcCg0_Zl6LOuTpScp7lOMIEAqZfjoWQkMtFh48vW1eTV353uzeUWg5-zg1qeuvmO88zvi1Er8lGND-FY7K1CIyt_q5vcLk3i-02_f06om_JMNBBKzCNnX0PCgJsN128L9V0USMPHkZMhtWcwpR6GtqRzTGLBLc-ghwlbeJrKT5mGFJyvJzkHnOa8lw7Ik0hzFPP5a52dOzgjl_ZqRwzWHDHHIlPwP7_-d9Umgr62Ts3qD9tUz9BoDXyJzDgZshbGp60zJLGbjkaC4oiXOMBtlH_i_7UAf3mGnqsYzt-XCr93Tyj6QMeb1KzgZZIEZjEh7RNnxCcQtjf8Fvtfoc4y3BMDuTJgFRJg6xwAxT=s250-k-rw-no

Oh, and I should mention, #1, the water was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I'm used to expecting "bad" tap water anywhere on the eastern seaboard. I've heard it's actually gotten better lately. And no, IMO it didn't have any effect on the smell of the room; maybe if someone were running the shower the bathroom might have a little mineral-y smell, but IMO not unpleasant.

Also (although I have a hard time living by this advice), take when looking at reviews on TripAdvisor, Amazon, etc., remember that the people who had a bad experience are way more motivated to leave a review than those who had no problem. My review: Are there faults to find? Sure (price, pool size, perhaps the regular rooms are ready for refurb), but I loved my time at WL and am sad not to be there right this second!!

Last edited:
We just got back from our second trip to the WL (in 2 years!) and we love it there. No issues. We would definitely go back.

If it's someone's first time to Orlando, the sulphur smell of the water can be really overwhelming at first. Like other have said, it won't make the room smell, and there's no sewage smell. It's a harsh odor to deal with at first though.

Thoughts about the food in both Geyser Point and Territory Lounge. We are staying one night in a few weeks and I'd like to try one of them. Atmosphere in both look nice - but if one has a better menu that would tip the scales. Our kids are 11 and 15 and not super picky. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter