• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% convinced it will happen to the Deluxe resorts. They just finished up redoing YC and BC and didn't install them. I also cannot see convention goers appreciating communal soaps at YC and CR. I also don't believe they put them in at CSR during their recent renovation. I believe it'd be hard to have them at DVC resorts as well since they wouldn't get checked as frequently as a hotel room since those rooms are serviced less fregueny. I think the fact that CCV doesn't have them signals they probably wont be at DVC. I've also only seen reports that Disney is using the dispensers as one tool to cut plastics by 80% resort wide, but I haven't seen official Disney confirmation that the communal dispensers are coming to every resort, every room. I may be wrong, but I'm holding out hope it's not going to happen at the Deluxe, Convention, and DVC resorts.

I will say I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. I do have it from a reliable source though that it’s being phased in over the next several years (exactly how many years - who knows?!) at all resorts.

I'm not 100% convinced it will happen to the Deluxe resorts. They just finished up redoing YC and BC and didn't install them. I also cannot see convention goers appreciating communal soaps at YC and CR. I also don't believe they put them in at CSR during their recent renovation. I believe it'd be hard to have them at DVC resorts as well since they wouldn't get checked as frequently as a hotel room since those rooms are serviced less fregueny. I think the fact that CCV doesn't have them signals they probably wont be at DVC. I've also only seen reports that Disney is using the dispensers as one tool to cut plastics by 80% resort wide, but I haven't seen official Disney confirmation that the communal dispensers are coming to every resort, every room. I may be wrong, but I'm holding out hope it's not going to happen at the Deluxe, Convention, and DVC resorts.
Prepare to be disappointed. If it doesn't happen, you can be nicely surprised.

Now our trip is now only 18 days away. :) And there are a few Dis - ers who will be there for our new dates, too. :)
Wow! Congratulations on being able to make the quick change, and to do so successfully! You now arrive on the day we switch to the cabin. If you want a cabin tour we’d enjoy the chance to meet our longest term trip report follower.

I also don't believe they put them in at CSR during their recent renovation.

FWIW, the dispensers were at CSR when I was there for 1 night earlier this month. I was in the newly renovated Casitas as well. I don't have an opinion of it either way, I'm just glad it's still the H2O products.

FWIW, the dispensers were at CSR when I was there for 1 night earlier this month. I was in the newly renovated Casitas as well. I don't have an opinion of it either way, I'm just glad it's still the H2O products.

Dang...I don't believe I've ever been to a convention hotel elsewhere that has communal shower dispensers. I'm not overly opposed, although I do enjoy the little bottles, but Disney doesn't meet money versus normal hotel standards on so many other points, especially for deluxe resorts, that this move, if it comes to deluxes, just seems odd.

Edit: I see Holiday Inns and other chains within InterContinental Hotels are trying these out as of May, as are Marriott's mid level hotels.

I just have mixed feelings on this. I think there are other ways to reduce plastic or be environmentally conscious, like giving bigger bins for recycling and actually recycling what's in there, versus the dispensers. Or having maids actually only pickup the towels on the floor for washing and not all of them. I also do have a leariness of the type of dispensers Disney is using, and that it could be tampered with. I've had dispensers at a Kimpton, but the containers were different and seemed to be more tamper resistant.

Last edited:

Hi! Is official now that the refurbishment is begining in October? How long is going To last? That gets me worried...Thanks!
The refurbishment is currently scheduled to begin in October.

Unfortunately, that's likely when you will see the communal soap/shampoo/conditioner installed. (It's already been announced that it will be happening at all Disney-owned resorts and Disney cruise line.)

Wow! Congratulations on being able to make the quick change, and to do so successfully! You now arrive on the day we switch to the cabin. If you want a cabin tour we’d enjoy the chance to meet our longest term trip report follower.
I would love to meet your family. The tour of the cabin would be fun, too. We have a very laid back trip with plenty of time at the resort, so hopefully we can plan a time to meet. :)

These are the trip dates (9/12-16) that I had originally wanted when I made the room only bounce back reservation back in October. When I called yesterday to see if I could get a bounceback discount for this trip it turned out that the annual passholder discount of 35% was saved us more money than the 30% bounceback discount. And I was lucky a discounted room had appeared yesterday, since it looks like discounted rooms are hard to get. :)

Hi! Is official now that the refurbishment is begining in October? How long is going To last? That gets me worried...Thanks!

According to the info I was given last week, the room rehabs begin in October. (I was not given a timeframe). They are supposed to (and as with everything Disney, this is always subject to change) start from the top floor (7) and work down. The floor directly below will also be closed to minimize noise inconvenience to guests.

The Club Lounge is NOT scheduled for rehab and will remain open (although while those rooms are being refurbished, CLub Level guest rooms will be on floor 5).

I honestly would not be worried about staying there during the refurbishment. I know a lot of the CMs there and they will do everything in their power to address any complaints/concerns and make things right! ;)

According to the info I was given last week, the room rehabs begin in October. (I was not given a timeframe). They are supposed to (and as with everything Disney, this is always subject to change) start from the top floor (7) and work down. The floor directly below will also be closed to minimize noise inconvenience to guests.

The Club Lounge is NOT scheduled for rehab and will remain open (although while those rooms are being refurbished, CLub Level guest rooms will be on floor 5).

I honestly would not be worried about staying there during the refurbishment. I know a lot of the CMs there and they will do everything in their power to address any complaints/concerns and make things right! ;)
Thanks! My trip Will Be in January! :tink:

IS there a projected timeframe for when the refurb will be completed ?

Also, what are they expected to be changing ?

SW

I would love to meet your family. The tour of the cabin would be fun, too. We have a very laid back trip with plenty of time at the resort, so hopefully we can plan a time to meet. :)

These are the trip dates (9/12-16) that I had originally wanted when I made the room only bounce back reservation back in October. When I called yesterday to see if I could get a bounceback discount for this trip it turned out that the annual passholder discount of 35% was saved us more money than the 30% bounceback discount. And I was lucky a discounted room had appeared yesterday, since it looks like discounted rooms are hard to get. :)

Sounds fun you guys! We leave just before you arrive Sue, Sept 10. But if you see us Grand Cali say hi! Blond wavy hair and adult daughter with long dark curly hair.

I would have loved to see you again...I will be returning to the WL for the first time since losing Adam...I know there have been many changes since he and I were there for the last time but I know there will still be many happy memories. I will be at WL from 8/30-9/5.

Sounds fun you guys! We leave just before you arrive Sue, Sept 10. But if you see us Grand Cali say hi! Blond wavy hair and adult daughter with long dark curly hair.
We'll be there and looking for you. We’ll have two of us chasing our 8 year old daughter and more wild almost three year old son, along with Grandma, Grandpa, and a couple of friends. Since we wll be at WL though you know we’ll all be smiling.

IS there a projected timeframe for when the refurb will be completed ?

Also, what are they expected to be changing ?

SW

I’m sorry, but I don’t know any more than what I posted. I don’t think the WL CMs know much more than that at this time either.

The fact that Disney plans to close the floor below makes me think the carpeting is being replaced with the laminate floors, but I could very well be wrong. :confused3

I’m sorry, but I don’t know any more than what I posted. I don’t think the WL CMs know much more than that at this time either.

The fact that Disney plans to close the floor below makes me think the carpeting is being replaced with the laminate floors, but I could very well be wrong. :confused3

That would make sense, as if it was only soft goods it wouldn't be that noisy. I am hoping they do go with laminate -- we really liked in in the CCV studio we stayed in in December.

SW

Checked in yesterday. No pixie dust for me :charac2: I did get upper floor but over lobby. And one of those small open balconies, no dividers in between. Can see into everyone’s balcony in the row. Yuck. After waiting and looking forward to our vacay for over 6 or more months it’s a bit of a let down. For me a balcony is everything. I love sitting on it having morning coffee, evening drink. But with daily rain it’s always wet, no roof over it for protection.
I would have asked to move, BUT I’m traveling with my dear friend, and they did give us connecting rooms so I’ll suck up the yuck balcony! And I’m back at WL and Disney. 1st World problems lol.

I’m glad we get to stay one more time before they refurb rooms. I love the light over table with the bears, and the carved headboard, Chip & Dale tiles in the bath. And having a ceiling fan. I’m afraid all these lovely touches will be gone and it will be a more generic room.

So far both yesterday and today we have had the predictable afternoon T-Storm but instead of it clearing in 30-60 min, with sun coming out it’s remained dark and intermittent rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter