• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BRV basically have two sides, Lake/Pool and Woods (kind of faces where park busses are). For our trip next year, we requested upper floor, lake/pool side. If being close to an elevator is important, put that. I've also heard people request close to main building, although close to elevator fro BRV, in my opinion, makes more sense, especially if requesting an upper floor. Make sure to put in order what is important to you. I'd also take a look at the beginning of this thread that has a room map for BRV.

Thank you so much for this information. I will make these requests.

Checking in about 2 weeks!

Has anyone done the hidden Mickey hunt?! How long did it take and was it something kids could help with? I love hidden Mickeys and I feel like this would be a neat way to also check out different parts of the resort.

The Hidden Mickey hunt is fun for the kids, and is just a sheet available from the front desk with clues as to where to find Hidden Mickeys while exploring the resort. You can download it ahead of time here. You can spread it out over as long as you want, or could knock it out fairly quickly.

The Hidden Mickey hunt is fun for the kids, and is just a sheet available from the front desk with clues as to where to find Hidden Mickeys while exploring the resort. You can download it ahead of time here. You can spread it out over as long as you want, or could knock it out fairly quickly

Thank you! Think we'll give it a shot during an afternoon break from the parks.

Just got back last night:guilty: from an 8 night stay at WL. We had a wonderful time. I had booked a standard view room through a travel agent (magical labor day deal) and I mentioned to her I'd like bunk beds, but at the rate we paid ($236/nt including tax!) I didn't feel comfortable calling the resort to request an upgrade. I mean at that rate I'd be happy to look at a dumpster. I was shocked when we opened the door to the room (room 6020) to find bunk beds and a gorgeous unobstructed view to the fireworks/castle/Contemporary monorail. Yes it had the swamp pond under us and a dormer/gable balcony, but other than that it was perfect. It was so nice to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Some comments -
We were near the elevators by RF and only one worked our entire length of stay. We had a few longer waits, but otherwise didn't bother us.

The hallway seemed warm at times like the ac wasn't working, but the ac in the room worked well.

The room was definitely due for a refurbishment. The thermostat and light switches were old school (worked fine though). The safe was by key (Most hotels are digital). The outlets in the desk didn't work, and we didn't have any on our nightstand. It was a bit of a pain looking for additional outlets.

I last stayed at the Lodge in 2005 and have fond memories of the Trout Pass Pool bar. Now that it's gone the drink service is certainly lacking at the waterslide pool. We saw a waiter only a few times and only bothered once to get a drink through him.

Geyser Point was fine - just kind of weird. Small portions, but reasonable prices

Loved the boat service, but bus was quicker in the morning to MK

We had decent luck with bus service. Loved being first stop on return trip. Generally in the morning they did not stop at Contemp or FW. Wish they had shade cover on all stops.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Fairly certain the answer is no but I’m asking anyway. Hehe.

If we are staying on “rented” DVC points, touring plans room request can’t help us, can they? Any room request have to go through the DVC owner, correct?

If we are staying on “rented” DVC points, touring plans room request can’t help us, can they? Any room request have to go through the DVC owner, correct?
DVC has asked members not to bother with faxes since they just toss them out. Ask the member you rented from to make any requests. Your best bet is to limit it to two or fewer.

We have used the TP fax when staying on our own pts at BRV and had our requests granted.

I was shocked when we opened the door to the room (room 6020) to find bunk beds and a gorgeous unobstructed view to the fireworks/castle/Contemporary monorail. Yes it had the swamp pond under us and a dormer/gable balcony, but other than that it was perfect. It was so nice to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.
I think you may have had a pixie dust upgrade. We were in room 6018, the room next door to your room, back in 2013 and it had been categorized as woods view back then. It is probably nature view now. :)

The outlets in the desk didn't work, and we didn't have any on our nightstand. It was a bit of a pain looking for additional outlets.
I am pretty sure that the desk outlets only work if the outlets are plugged into the wall, under the desk. Someone must have unplugged the desk. The WL definitely needs lots more outlets. :)

I think you may have had a pixie dust upgrade. We were in room 6018, the room next door to your room, back in 2015 and it had been categorized as woods view back then. It is probably nature view now. :)

I am pretty sure that the desk outlets only work if the outlets are plugged into the wall, under the desk. Someone must have unplugged the desk. The WL definitely needs lots more outlets. :)

Yes, I'm guessing it was an upgrade. Even with the desk plugged in the outlets didn't work. I probably should have called mousekeeping/maintenance, but didn't bother. We just unplugged it and used the outlet.

Here now,

Had a 6:30 am flight from NY, checked in at 10:00ish.
image.jpg

Had packed bathing suits so changed in the changing / locker room (very clean & nice) and went right to the quiet pool
image.jpg
Got lunch for the kids at roaring forks. They got new buzzers when your food is ready. Got flatbreads for the kids
image.jpg

Our room was ready at 11:30, I got the text and was surprised it was ready so early. I saw on my lines touring plans app that the "resort crowd level is a 3 out of 10" (for all Disney resorts). So maybe my room
Was ready early because it's not as full - honestly it looks as crowded as it always is. But the resort buses do seem a little less crowded than last year. My theory is because I'm here a little later in august than I usually come.
So we swam till 1:00 when we heard some thunder and they soon politely told us lightning was in the area and we had to leave the pool. That's Florida on august for you.
Our room was excellently cleaned and I was very happy to see these beauties;

image.jpg

No pump soap for me thank you. Hope they continue to keep toiletries here. I think I would go offsite of I had to use shared pump soap in a deluxe resort. Ok, rant over :P

Last night was the Halloween party , we did that last year and it was a one and done for us (too crowded, 30 minute or more waits for rides) so we went to Epcot to me seemed a little less crowded - maybe because so many people were at the Halloween party?

Anyways will update with more resort pictures. I'm also doing a live dining report (back on the plan, the deluxe dining plan) over on the dining reviews page.

Marina :D

We check in on our magical deal on Thursday morning. I've seen a few comments that the WL rooms seem worn or due for a refresh. That has me a little concerned, but I'm hoping for the best. this will be our first stay at WL- just 3yo DS and I. DH will be at home working though he's starting to wish he were coming, too.

We check in on our magical deal on Thursday morning. I've seen a few comments that the WL rooms seem worn or due for a refresh. That has me a little concerned, but I'm hoping for the best. this will be our first stay at WL- just 3yo DS and I. DH will be at home working though he's starting to wish he were coming, too.

The refurbishment is currently scheduled to begin in October.

Unfortunately, that's likely when you will see the communal soap/shampoo/conditioner installed. (It's already been announced that it will be happening at all Disney-owned resorts and Disney cruise line.)

The refurbishment is currently scheduled to begin in October.

Unfortunately, that's likely when you will see the communal soap/shampoo/conditioner installed. (It's already been announced that it will be happening at all Disney-owned resorts and Disney cruise line.)

I'm not 100% convinced it will happen to the Deluxe resorts. They just finished up redoing YC and BC and didn't install them. I also cannot see convention goers appreciating communal soaps at YC and CR. I also don't believe they put them in at CSR during their recent renovation. I believe it'd be hard to have them at DVC resorts as well since they wouldn't get checked as frequently as a hotel room since those rooms are serviced less fregueny. I think the fact that CCV doesn't have them signals they probably wont be at DVC. I've also only seen reports that Disney is using the dispensers as one tool to cut plastics by 80% resort wide, but I haven't seen official Disney confirmation that the communal dispensers are coming to every resort, every room. I may be wrong, but I'm holding out hope it's not going to happen at the Deluxe, Convention, and DVC resorts.

No pump soap for me thank you. Hope they continue to keep toiletries here. I think I would go offsite of I had to use shared pump soap in a deluxe resort. Ok, rant over
Not sure going off site is going to eliminate dispensers for you. We've had some very recently in non Disney resorts. Not Disney so far just elsewhere. The hotel industry if tending to them.

So today we made a change to our reservation. It turns out that our daughter had the wrong date for her high school reunion and the correct date was when we were in Disney. So I checked with Southwest Airlines and we could change our flights at no extra cost. Then I checked Disney and discovered that we could get a passholder discount for a room at the WL. So we went ahead and changed our reservation to Sept 12th - 16th - one week earlier than the original date of Sept 19th - 23rd. I was able to get all the same dining reservations and all the fastpasses that we had before - except for Slinky Dog Dash. We did lose that one and the special passholder early morning Toy Story Land access. But otherwise, I'm very pleased to have pretty much recreated the same trip that we had. :)

Now our trip is now only 18 days away. :) And there are a few Dis - ers who will be there for our new dates, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter