• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my mom that the room we paid $215/night in February 2017 is now going for over $500/night rack rate. She was pretty shocked, as was I when I first saw it. Granted, we went during construction with a 30% discount, but still, the nature fireworks rooms are only a tad less than CL. That is just nuts.
I wonder how many people will actually book this. Disney is really starting to upcharge views for a ridiculous charge.

Almost time

Does this resort selling gatorade or Powerade so I can stock up if need be

Thanks lol
I think Powerade? Someone can come confirm. I know they have vitamin water in the refill station and I’ve seen Powerade at many resorts we’ve stayed at.

When I want to know if a Disney hotel gift shop sells a particular food item, I look at the DVC grocery delivery list. DVC members can have groceries delivered by Disney, and I believe those groceries come from the hotel gift shop. So if the grocery item is on the list, I assume it is sold in the hotel gift shop.

Go to this website then click on the link for the hotel:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/grocery-order/

hi all, could you let me know what the coffee situation is in the boulder ridge 2br villas? Keurig, regular coffee maker? Do they supply the coffee?

Just started packing for our upcoming WL trip! So excited!!! Several organizing tips mention bringing a shoe organizer to keep stuff contained, is there a door or place in a standard WL room to hang this? Any tips on keeping a WL room organized? I have kids so we will have stuff!

hi all, could you let me know what the coffee situation is in the boulder ridge 2br villas? Keurig, regular coffee maker? Do they supply the coffee?

The DVC villas (at all the WDWresorts) have the Mr Coffee 12-cup basket type coffee makers. Occasionally a studio villa might have one of the smaller basket types in it, but no Keurigs.

We just booked a (for us) last minute girls only trip near the end of October so that we can check out the Halloween party, I'm excited to be staying at Wilderness Lodge for the first time! We visited last December to see everything decorated for Christmas, it looks like a beautiful resort.

Question, do you know if local visitors are still allowed to come visit guests for the day without having to pay to park? I had friends who live in Daytona come up for the day to visit me at Animal Kingdom Lodge last year before the new parking fees were put into effect, and they just needed to give my name and information when they arrived, and were allowed to come visit the resort for the day and even use the pool if they wanted to. (they did not, but I thought it was nice of Disney to offer!) without having to pay to park.

Thanks!

Just started packing for our upcoming WL trip! So excited!!! Several organizing tips mention bringing a shoe organizer to keep stuff contained, is there a door or place in a standard WL room to hang this? Any tips on keeping a WL room organized? I have kids so we will have stuff!
we will be packing soon and heading to the WL in 8 days. cant wait! enjoy your trip!!!

We returned on July 15 from a quick adults-only trip and it was great! Happy to answer questions A few info/tips/impressions:
  • Room Request - Were honored. I requested a quiet room away from lobby in the 5th or 6th floor and was given the quietest room I've ever had at WDW in the 6th floor. We had booked a Nature View, but were placed on the other side (Copper Creak). Our room was brand new and immaculate.
  • Roaring Fork - Order at the cashier and they will give you a pager and bring food to you.
  • DDP - While not on the menu, you can get a side of scrambled eggs or a side of bacon for a DDP snack credit. OOP it is around $3. A great choice if you do not want the breads, potatoes and carbs that come with the platters.
  • Geyser Point - Hours listed as starting at 11 am. Not serving breakfast. Arrived one day at around 9:30 - 10 pm and there were plenty of tables towards the water - all unoccupied, but dirty with cups and plates, etc. Sat at a table away from the water and no one came in 20 minutes. Sat at the bar and got a drink. Tables were not cleaned while we were there. Not sure what the plan for this space is but the part lounge, part QS is not working.
  • Artist Point - I was afraid the changes coming would diminish the quality at AP, but it was delicious and so much food! All wines by the glass except the signature ones on the first page were included in DDP. I think my glass was around $17. Smoked mushroom soup met all my deliciousness expectations.
  • Boats - Took boat to MK and to Contemporary (twice). Never waited more than 15 minutes for boat to MK or FW/Contemporary. Very pleasant. Boat to MK not too big, but it was never busy when we took it.
  • Buses - They were fine from WL. Stopped at Contemporary to pick up folks, but on the return did not share. We hopped a lot (did a 4-park chalenge one day and hit 3 parks on a different day!) and park-to-park buses were packed and not as frequent as the demand seemed. At 10 am at Epcot, after morning EMH, we did not get on the first bus to AK because the line was so long. Had to wait for a second bus. Total wait time was around 30 minutes. Blizzard Beach requires changing buses at AK and Typhoon Lagoon requires changing at Disney Springs, but at least those were frequent. Consider the time cost of hopping and the make-up of your party before adding PH/PH+.
  • Overall Impression - Resort is still beautiful and more peaceful than what I remembered from the last time we stayed (Marathon week 2014). We were so impressed that I called to see if we could do a quick Labor Day jaunt. But, with all the price increases, I quickly forego that idea!

We returned on July 15 from a quick adults-only trip and it was great! Happy to answer questions A few info/tips/impressions:
  • Room Request - Were honored. I requested a quiet room away from lobby in the 5th or 6th floor and was given the quietest room I've ever had at WDW in the 6th floor. We had booked a Nature View, but were placed on the other side (Copper Creak). Our room was brand new and immaculate.
Sounds like you had a great time. So you were upgraded from a Nature View room to a Copper Creek Studio Villa? That's nice, and one good way for Disney to deal with overbooking within the resort. Did the room have two regular beds or a bed and a sleeper sofa? With just the two of you I bet it was nice.

Got the exact room I requested from touring plans. Worked like a charm.

Can’t pay for anything using my magic band though. Having a problem they said

Sounds like you had a great time. So you were upgraded from a Nature View room to a Copper Creek Studio Villa? That's nice, and one good way for Disney to deal with overbooking within the resort. Did the room have two regular beds or a bed and a sleeper sofa? With just the two of you I bet it was nice.
Yes, we were upgraded to Villa. One bed and a sofa bed. Beautiful room! Partial view of the Villa pool. I think they may have overestimated DVC interest and underestimated regular cash rooms here.

How did you make your room request? My on-line check in form didn't let me put anything in there.
I made my request through TouringPlans because I already had a subscription. I requested a room in my category (Nature View), but was upgraded to Villa side. But, before my subscription, I've also had good luck calling reservations and having the agent note it. Have never used the requests in the online check in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter