• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the menus on allears are up to date, there is no oatmeal at Roaring Fork, but there is steel-cut at Whispering Canyon.

I read that the boat launch has it's own security bag check, is that still the case? Do all the resort buses share security lines?

Which is the best method of transport if you want to arrive at MK before rope drop?

I read that the boat launch has it's own security bag check, is that still the case? Do all the resort buses share security lines?

Which is the best method of transport if you want to arrive at MK before rope drop?

There is a bag check just for the boats as you get off the dock. Yes, all of the resort buses share security lines. If you're really early the bus is more likely to be running than the boats, and it is a quicker trip, but you will have the same security lines as all the other buses. A third option is to boat to CR on a blue flag boat, which usually start earlier than MK boats, and then walk to MK. You have a separate bag check that way that usually isn't very crowded. You could also get your bags checked in the CR and hop on the monorail, but the loop takes some time to get to MK.

Hi,

I will be staying in a 1 br room at Boulder Ridge with my cousin this weekend. I am super excited as I’ve never stayed here before. I have a few questions.

1. Do we check in at the regular check in place in WL lobby or is there a different place for BRV?

2. How uncomfortable are the sofa beds in the villas?

3. We are staying on points, so I know we won’t have housekeeping (we arrive Friday and leave Monday morning) but I’ve heard that they will still come and empty trash and leave clean towels. Is this accurate? (Also, if they are leaving clean towels, do hey take the used ones?)

4. Which is faster to MK, bus or boat?

Tia.

Kristi

Hi,

I will be staying in a 1 br room at Boulder Ridge with my cousin this weekend. I am super excited as I’ve never stayed here before. I have a few questions.

1. Do we check in at the regular check in place in WL lobby or is there a different place for BRV?

3. We are staying on points, so I know we won’t have housekeeping (we arrive Friday and leave Monday morning) but I’ve heard that they will still come and empty trash and leave clean towels. Is this accurate? (Also, if they are leaving clean towels, do hey take the used ones?)

Tia.

Kristi

Congratulations! I can help with a few things.
1. Yes, you check in at the regular desk in the WL main lobby.
2. I don't have first hand experience, but they are probably better than average.
3. They will come in and check the room daily, and do trash. Towels will be delivered on the 4th day and if they leave new ones they will take old ones.
4. The bus is the fastest way to MK, and only takes 5 minutes. It isn't as much fun as the boat, but starts running earlier.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I can help with a few things.
1. Yes, you check in at the regular desk in the WL main lobby.
2. I don't have first had experience, but they are probably better than average.
3. They will come in and check the room daily, and do trash. Towels will be delivered on the 4th day and if they leave new ones they will take old ones.
4. The bus is the fastest way to MK, and only takes 5 minutes. It isn't as much fun as the boat, but starts running earlier.

Have a great trip!

Thank so much for the quick reply! I am so excited!

The bag check for boats is at the MK docks. The WL boat shares bag check with the Fort Wilderness boat. Sometimes both boats will arrive at the same time but usually the bag check goes quickly.

The bus bag check has a lot of lanes and we can usually find the shortest line and get through quickly. I have seen some really long lines for the Contemporary bag check so that one might not be quicker than the bus bag check.

Question about adding on CL service. We will be staying this time on points. I believe adding regular CL to a room is $99/night. DVC has the option of adding Reunion Station at a cost of $50/night/adult and $33/night/child. Is it possible to add regular CL for the $99 rate instead of Reunion Station which for my family would be an additional $300+/night? I'm guessing no but thought someone may know for sure.

Sorry, as I’m sure this has been asked and answered before. What kind of coffee makers are there in the regular rooms, what size coffee filters should I bring? Or do they provide them?

Question about adding on CL service. We will be staying this time on points. I believe adding regular CL to a room is $99/night. DVC has the option of adding Reunion Station at a cost of $50/night/adult and $33/night/child. Is it possible to add regular CL for the $99 rate instead of Reunion Station which for my family would be an additional $300+/night? I'm guessing no but thought someone may know for sure.

If you are staying on DVC points, you cannot add regular Club Level.

I don't know if Reunion Station can be added if the person taking the vacation is not a DVC member. Some DVC perks, such as the lounge at Epcot, require showing your DVC member card and ID to enter.

The Member website says this on the Reunion Station page:

Located adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Florida, Reunion Station is a relaxing retreat where Members can dine, unwind and participate in an array of engaging activities.

Important Information about Membership Extras:
Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/reunion-station/

As stated above, you must be a DVC member to add CL (Reunion Station) to your reservation. You cannot add regular CL to a DVC reservation, unfortunately.

If you are staying on DVC points, you cannot add regular Club Level.

I don't know if Reunion Station can be added if the person taking the vacation is not a DVC member. Some DVC perks, such as the lounge at Epcot, require showing your DVC member card and ID to enter.

The Member website says this on the Reunion Station page:

Located adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Florida, Reunion Station is a relaxing retreat where Members can dine, unwind and participate in an array of engaging activities.

Important Information about Membership Extras:
Membership Extras, such as vacation options in the Disney and Concierge Collections, certain discounts, offers, and special events are incidental benefits. These incidental benefits are subject to change or termination without notice, may require the payment of a fee and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. Membership Extras are also subject to availability and block-out dates may apply, including high periods of demand such as Christmas and New Year’s Day. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not have access to Membership Extras.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/reunion-station/

As stated above, you must be a DVC member to add CL (Reunion Station) to your reservation. You cannot add regular CL to a DVC reservation, unfortunately.

We are members. I had a feeling we couldn't add regular CL and there is no way RS is worth over $300/night. Thanks for confirming!

Hi,

Tia.

Kristi
You won't get any clean towels unless you order a towel pack for $6 from Housekeeping.

The sleeper sofas are rather uncomfortable unless you are a kid or a lightweight adult. They are a three section pad on a platform.

Just to be sure I'm reading the room chart correctly: Is "courtyard" considered (read: charged as) a more desirable view than "nature?"

Just to be sure I'm reading the room chart correctly: Is "courtyard" considered (read: charged as) a more desirable view than "nature?"

Yes, Courtyard was always the highest cost view category but is now surpassed by “nature fireworks view”, but regular nature view is less expensive.

Crazy isn’t it? What they’re charging for fireworks view :sad2:

I told my mom that the room we paid $215/night in February 2017 is now going for over $500/night rack rate. She was pretty shocked, as was I when I first saw it. Granted, we went during construction with a 30% discount, but still, the nature fireworks rooms are only a tad less than CL. That is just nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter