Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there in March and only saw a server at the pool one afternoon.

They have changed things a little bit at Geyser Point since you were there last year. They now have a hostess that seats you at Geyser Point. They ask ahead of time if you are ordering food and they will tell you how it all works with the separate menus.

If you only want food from the counter service window then it is easy to order from the window. I think that they will deliver the food to wherever you are sitting, but I would ask to make sure. If you want drinks and/or appetizers from the bar menu, then you would have to go to the bar to order them. I would check to see if they could deliver the drinks to you at the pool.
Thank you!!

We are currently booked at POFQ for the first week of August and considering upgrading to the WL. Does anyone have experience with pool crowds at this time of year. We plan to use the pool in the after on after going to parks in the morning. Will we be able to find chairs or does it get over crowded?
We stayed there this past August. Spent every afternoon at the pools. Never had any problems getting chairs next to each other. Pool was busy but not over the top crazy.

I have a transportation question—we are going to typhoon lagoon from the wilderness lodge. Do the buses from the water park go directly to the hotel or do they stop at Disney Springs? We have 7:00 Narcoossees reservations and are trying to determine if it would just be easier to get back via a Minnie van. Also — to get to the Grand Floridian we just use the water shuttle? It’s our first time staying at WL so I’m a little unsure of the best ways to get places !

Water park transportation began using Disney Springs as a permanent hub for transfers to and from all Disney resorts in the fall of 2016. If you don't want to go via Disney Springs, you might consider a Minnie Van at $25 per trip or an Uber / Lyft for a quick return to the Wilderness Lodge.

You can take a Red Flag Resort Motor Launch from the Wilderness Lodge to the MK dock and then switch to a Gold Flag Motor Launch to the Grand Floridian for your dinner reservation. Depending on the time of the year and the evening hours of the Magic Kingdom, you might be able to reverse your direction from the Grand Floridian with a stop at the Polynesian Resort on your return journey to the WL again switch at the MK dock.

As a fun alternative you might want to take the Resort Monorail from the GF to the Contemporary and then take a Blue Flag Motor Launch to the WL. Just double check the hours operation to confirm that the Resort Motor Launches will be running for your return.

Finally, you can always take an Uber, Lyft or Minnie Van back to the WL.

Dave

Ooops I did it again :)

I saw an opportunity to lower the cost of our August WL vacation and grabbed it. Now I had to return to a Standard view, from the previously updated Nature view but in talking with my wife the money savings beats the potential ability to see the MK castle. Using the "Enchanting Escape Room Offer MYW Pkg + Dining" we got our room cost down to about $300/night for 5 nights. I just couldn't pass that up. :P

With only 109 days until we check-in I don't believe I'll get better price for a deluxe resort.

Again never stop reviewing the discounts...........you just never know. 8-)

Doug :goofy:

Ooops I did it again :)

I saw an opportunity to lower the cost of our August WL vacation and grabbed it. Now I had to return to a Standard view, from the previously updated Nature view but in talking with my wife the money savings beats the potential ability to see the MK castle. Using the "Enchanting Escape Room Offer MYW Pkg + Dining" we got our room cost down to about $300/night for 5 nights. I just couldn't pass that up. :P

With only 109 days until we check-in I don't believe I'll get better price for a deluxe resort.

Again never stop reviewing the discounts...........you just never know. 8-)

That's pretty good all things considered! With all the amenities opened and updated you could do a whole lot worse, enjoy!

Hey I have a question........why is the Lodgers log so sparse? I hear people talking about WL all the time........is this about making the resort more DVC?

Can someone let me know if the copper creek studio villa is the same size as the animal kingdom lodge savanna view studio villa jambo

Both DVC

Thanks

We just returned from a wonderful visit at WL. We were in room 6010 (we used the Touring Plans Room Fax request and got our request). We can’t handle the crowds to see the fireworks so watching from our room each night was amazing. We did hear our neighbors a few times (there was a connecting door in our room) but it was not an issue. We could hear lots of flushing toilets. The noise of the water parade and boat horns was also minimal and didn’t disturb our sleep.

Transportation was great, we never waited more than 15 minutes for a boat or bus. We usually waited less than 10 minutes. I highly recommend taking a boat to MK as the bag check line is so much shorter and efficient.

My son enjoyed making a tie dye shirt with the recreation team and loved roasting marshmallows each night. The girls were sweet and remembered him each time they saw us. He also enjoyed the arcade.

The food was good and quick. The pools weren’t too crowded, we always found some type of chair in the afternoon, although rarely one in the shade. There was usually a person taking drink orders. Oddly enough there is only a single stall bathroom near the pool with the slide, the bigger group of bathrooms is by the “quiet pool”.

The only other resort we have stayed at is The Polynesian. The two things that stand out to me that I enjoyed more at Polynesian was the larger room (we also never heard a peep from a neighbor or toilets flushing, etc) and the bathrooms were close by the larger pool which was convenient.

Can someone let me know if the copper creek studio villa is the same size as the animal kingdom lodge savanna view studio villa jambo

Both DVC

Thanks
No, they are smaller. Both the studio and one bedroom have a hard limit of four persons. 366 sq ft vs 345 square ft. The value studio at Jambo House is smaller.

Hello! We'll be staying at the WL this summer. We haven't been since before the new pool was installed. If we plan on leaving late on our departure day, does anyone know if will there be a place to change and shower if we decide to use the pool one last time? Thanks!

Hello! We'll be staying at the WL this summer. We haven't been since before the new pool was installed. If we plan on leaving late on our departure day, does anyone know if will there be a place to change and shower if we decide to use the pool one last time? Thanks!
Yes! In the boulder ridge villas building in the exercise room. We do this every trip! Works great. We use the towels from the exercise room and shampoo, conditioner, soap is in the shower stall.

We just returned from a wonderful visit at WL. We were in room 6010 (we used the Touring Plans Room Fax request and got our request). We can’t handle the crowds to see the fireworks so watching from our room each night was amazing. We did hear our neighbors a few times (there was a connecting door in our room) but it was not an issue. We could hear lots of flushing toilets. The noise of the water parade and boat horns was also minimal and didn’t disturb our sleep.
Our daughter had this room and it had a wonderful view of the fireworks. :)

Are there any fire works views in the Standard room category?
Yes, there are some good fireworks view from the standard view rooms. They all face the MK side of the resort. :)

Yes! In the boulder ridge villas building in the exercise room. We do this every trip! Works great. We use the towels from the exercise room and shampoo, conditioner, soap is in the shower stall.

The new villas pool area has a shower room in the bathroom. I took some picture of the women's shower and posted them a few pages back. It is a really noce place to change and take a shower. They have shampoo, conditioner and body wash in large containers in the shower stall. :)

Here is a link to the post with the pictures of the villas pool shower room:

page 414:
Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE, BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS, COPPER CREEK VILLAS and CABINS Information Thread

Last edited:

There are nice new bathrooms and I believe showers by the new pool...I think there are photos in this thread, and I believe they've been added to one of the first pages.

Our flight was at 6 pm with a Magical Express Pick Up time of 2:40. We requested and received a late check out of 1 pm. We swam until noon-ish, showered and had lunch before leaving. Our back up plan was to change in the bathrooms by the quiet pool (the Boulder Lodge Pool, I think) if we weren’t able to get late check out.

Does anyone have any information on the salon that is at Wilderness Lodge? Is it open? Where can I find this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter