Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can buy cases of water at the gift shop at WL? Cost per case? Thanks!

How often does the boat (realistically) come for pick to go over to MK? and same question for the boat to the Contemporary?

I've just recently read a few posts about how awful the transportation is at WL which has me panicking. We have a car for all other parks but I was definitely depending on using the boat to get to MK after a dinner for the HEA dessert party and to get to California Grill.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

We just returned from a stay at WL and used the boats (and buses) often. The longest we waited for a boat to MK was 18 minutes, in the morning, after just missing one pulling away from the dock. All of the other boat waits were 5-10 minutes, including the resort boat that we took to Fort Wilderness. The resort boat does a loop between WL, Contemporary and FW. We had very good luck taking the boat back to WL from MK in the afternoon and after the fireworks. Less than 10 minute waits.

We found the posted times for the buses to be pretty accurate. The bus to MK seemed to come more frequently than the buses for the other parks, and the bus ride is only 5 minutes or so. We took the bus when we wanted to get to MK before RD in the morning, but all other times took the boat. Our longest bus wait heading out from WL was on a Saturday morning heading to AK, but that bus was likely affected by the Star Wars run traffic (which we anticipated). The ETA for that bus kept getting pushed further and further back and our total wait was 15 minutes. Otherwise we never waited more than 5-8 minutes for a bus heading out from WL. In the afternoons and evenings from parks heading back to WL, we sometimes had longer waits and it always seemed like the WL bus was the very last one to arrive after all of the other resorts, but that was likely because we had just missed a bus leaving and obviously there is no way to time that perfectly. Our longest wait for a bus back to WL was from EPCOT in the afternoon one day, we waited almost 20 minutes.

That was our experience last week - hope that helps!

Last edited:

This may be a particular question...but do you find waiting at the dock to be buggy? I get bit very badly by mosquitos, they love me. Just this month we took the boat from MK to FW and I found it buggy once I stepped foot onto FW land. I didnt find that in the other resorts I was in at night, not sure if it was the norm or not.

TO get to MK from WL< you can take a boat or a bus?

Yes both are available, the bus is really quick but the boat is a nice choice if you have more time.

This may be a particular question...but do you find waiting at the dock to be buggy? I get bit very badly by mosquitos, they love me. Just this month we took the boat from MK to FW and I found it buggy once I stepped foot onto FW land. I didnt find that in the other resorts I was in at night, not sure if it was the norm or not.

I never noticed any problems at all and mosquitos really like me.

Is taking the boat for MK rope drop doable? I see it starts just 30 minutes before park opening.

Take the Wilderness Lodge boat to Contemporary and walk over. That boat should be running at 6:45am. (and the walking path security line is usually super light.)

This is a different boat than the one to the MK. Blue flag, I think? It's the smaller boats. It was explained to me this one runs earlier to accomodate Fort Wilderness / Wilderness Lodge guests with Chef Mickey reservations.

I'm considering staying at WL in a deluxe room and I have a few questions but I'm struggling to find answers so I'm hoping someone can help me with them.

The floor plans I've seen seem to show an outside square off the bedroom. Is this a second balcony a cupboard, something else?

Touring Plans room finder doesn't have deluxe rooms on the dropdown list but as far as I can tell they're rooms 1000,1003, 2000, 2003, 3000, 3003, 4000, 4003, 5000, 5003, 6000 and 6003. Are there any others or did they get removed for the Copper Creek Villas?

As far as I can tell there are regular balconies up to the fourth floor and after that they're enclosed balconies. Which would be preferable? I think I would like a regular balcony except I'm wondering if the higher rooms have better views over the lake. Is a view of the castle possible from rooms 4000, 5000 and 6000? I've heard some trees got cleared for the cabins but I'm not sure where.

Where is the Old Faithful club on the seventh floor, is it directly above 6000, 6003? Would noise be an issue in the rooms on that floor?

Yes it is a very small secondary balcony, the regular balcony has 2 chairs and a small table. Correct only the north wing now has the Deluxe rooms 2 per floor 1-6. I don't have any favorites due to the tree growth that can block the views at the end of the building to the lake. Please note that even the 5th & 6th floors mostly see growing trees and lot's of hanging moss while sitting down.

No view of the castle since these rooms face away from the MK even though they are on the north wing of the Lodge. The even number double zero rooms have a woods / lake view. The odd numbered rooms that end in zero three have a woods / lake/ courtyard view depending which balcony you look out. I would suggest the 3rd or 4th floor rooms: 3003, 4003. You might get a look at the wooden walkway to the boat launch or the boat launch area.

And finally, the Old Faithful Club is still on the 7th floor of the main building section at the opposite end of the hallway away from the Deluxe rooms. The Deluxe rooms are at the end of the north wing.

Dave

YESSSSSS! So excited! We finally scored a Courtyard View Bunkbed room for our August trip! This will make our stay way less stressful since my girls have a hard time sleeping in the same bed. My youngest tends to be a wiggle worm and kicks my oldest in her sleep, my oldest then wakes up and kicks my youngest, etc. etc. :sad2::laughing: In the past, we were able to have rooms with a daybed, and they would sleep separately, but since WL didn't have daybeds, I was getting worried.

Okay, who can give me updated info on Geyser Point and the window there? Meaning, are there still two separate menus? Where do you have to order from? Etc, etc. We were there last June and will be there in 34 days. There was two menus, I think, at that point. We are doing a most resort only trip and will doing QS at the resort at least once (on arrival evening). Was thinking to combine pool time with dinner time and order the food and carry it to the pool. But I am not sure of the logistics of the system there anymore.

Okay, who can give me updated info on Geyser Point and the window there? Meaning, are there still two separate menus? Where do you have to order from? Etc, etc. We were there last June and will be there in 34 days. There was two menus, I think, at that point. We are doing a most resort only trip and will doing QS at the resort at least once (on arrival evening). Was thinking to combine pool time with dinner time and order the food and carry it to the pool. But I am not sure of the logistics of the system there anymore.

We were just there in mid-April and we did food from Geyser Point twice. The first time was just wanting some alcoholic drinks and fries while at the pool. There was a CM/server who was coming and going at the pool area taking orders and bringing them back to where people were sitting at the pool. In order to pay with magic band, I had to give mine to her to take with her (she had several in her apron pocket when we ordered from her). Fries as a stand-alone were not on the menu, but she didn't bat an eye when we asked if it was possible to get two orders of just fries. It took about 20 minutes for her to come back with our drinks and the fries, but the pool and restaurant were both very busy at the time.

The second time, my husband and I went down to order food at the window to take back up to eat in our room. The menu was posted right next to the to-go window and it seemed to be the same as the one we looked at in the room for the actual sit-down area of GP. We ordered two crispy chicken sandwiches (we thought they were good). My husband ordered a margarita from the bar inside GP proper as the to-go window doesn't serve any alcoholic drinks, but he just did that while we were waiting for our food. There was no one else waiting at the to-go window but the restaurant area seemed to be about 2/3 full. It took about 15 minutes for our sandwiches, but they gave us a buzzer so we just sat down near the geyser while we waited.

If your plan is to eat while you are at the pool, I would recommend just ordering from the roaming server there so that you can still be enjoying the pool while you wait vs just standing around by the to-go window.

We were just there in mid-April and we did food from Geyser Point twice. The first time was just wanting some alcoholic drinks and fries while at the pool. There was a CM/server who was coming and going at the pool area taking orders and bringing them back to where people were sitting at the pool. In order to pay with magic band, I had to give mine to her to take with her (she had several in her apron pocket when we ordered from her). Fries as a stand-alone were not on the menu, but she didn't bat an eye when we asked if it was possible to get two orders of just fries. It took about 20 minutes for her to come back with our drinks and the fries, but the pool and restaurant were both very busy at the time.

The second time, my husband and I went down to order food at the window to take back up to eat in our room. The menu was posted right next to the to-go window and it seemed to be the same as the one we looked at in the room for the actual sit-down area of GP. We ordered two crispy chicken sandwiches (we thought they were good). My husband ordered a margarita from the bar inside GP proper as the to-go window doesn't serve any alcoholic drinks, but he just did that while we were waiting for our food. There was no one else waiting at the to-go window but the restaurant area seemed to be about 2/3 full. It took about 15 minutes for our sandwiches, but they gave us a buzzer so we just sat down near the geyser while we waited.

If your plan is to eat while you are at the pool, I would recommend just ordering from the roaming server there so that you can still be enjoying the pool while you wait vs just standing around by the to-go window.
Thank you for that info! Unfortunately, when we were there in June, there was only one roaming server and he was getting a work out. It took him almost 30 min to an hour just to get us a drink menu then bring the drinks. So I hate to rely on that.

We were there in March and only saw a server at the pool one afternoon.

They have changed things a little bit at Geyser Point since you were there last year. They now have a hostess that seats you at Geyser Point. They ask ahead of time if you are ordering food and they will tell you how it all works with the separate menus.

If you only want food from the counter service window then it is easy to order from the window. I think that they will deliver the food to wherever you are sitting, but I would ask to make sure. If you want drinks and/or appetizers from the bar menu, then you would have to go to the bar to order them. I would check to see if they could deliver the drinks to you at the pool.

We have a standard view room booked June 9-11. No idea what to request as this is our first stay at WL. Any suggestions for room numbers/areas with a decent view? Thanks!

We are currently booked at POFQ for the first week of August and considering upgrading to the WL. Does anyone have experience with pool crowds at this time of year. We plan to use the pool in the after on after going to parks in the morning. Will we be able to find chairs or does it get over crowded?

We have a standard view room booked June 9-11. No idea what to request as this is our first stay at WL. Any suggestions for room numbers/areas with a decent view? Thanks!
We have booked Standard View for every one of our WL stays, and we love it. To have a better chance at seeing MK fireworks and to avoid noise from the ground level, we request high floor. The Standard View rooms are above a service area, where trucks back in and there is some vehicle traffic, but it is not bad from higher floors. (Perhaps because we were distracted by seeing the Castle in the distance...)
We also have often wound up with rooms that were not technically standard view, so feel free to request what you want. We like rooms that open to the lobby, and will request them, even though they may not be Standard View. For a quieter location, some prefer rooms that are further down the hallway. Being near an elevator is always nice, but it increases traffic in the hall by your room. All these little differences mean more to some people than others, but are factors you can consider when making requests.
Finally, and most importantly, there aren't any bad rooms at WL, so while it is fun to think about requests and preferences to optimize the experience, you will get a great room even if it is not where you would have requested. We had this happen, and it was our favorite room yet. Happy planning and have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter