Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you’re off to a great start. What do you think of Geyser Point?
I think I’ll be heading to Villas pool for our pool time, love the padded lounges. I got spoiled at GF!
We love Geyser Point. That restaurant and the new villas pool have made the Wilderness Lodge an even better place to stay then it was before. The only negative has been Roaring Fork. It used to have a better selection of freshly made food than it has now. But the addition of the outdoor eating area has been a much needed improvement. :)

The campfire starts at 6:30pm and the movies start at 8 pm. in March. Both of them are every day of the week. :)

Movie schedule:
Sunday - A Bug's Life
Monday - Tangled
Tuesday - Atlantis, the Lost Empire
Wednesday - Inside Out
Thursday - The Aristocats
Friday - Zootopia
Saturday - Peter Pan

The campfire
Question about the campfire treats... Basically I am thinking I will make smores kits myself, either at home or once we arrive (we drive from Atlanta and plan to hit the campfire on arrival night). You said the marshmallows are free, so I am debating whether to include those in the kit or not. Is it easy to just grab a few to add to our homemade kits? And I am sure I know the answer to this but do they provide roasting sticks?

Thank you!

Question about the campfire treats... Basically I am thinking I will make smores kits myself, either at home or once we arrive (we drive from Atlanta and plan to hit the campfire on arrival night). You said the marshmallows are free, so I am debating whether to include those in the kit or not. Is it easy to just grab a few to add to our homemade kits? And I am sure I know the answer to this but do they provide roasting sticks?

Thank you!

They give you sticks for roasting the marshmallows they provide.

Just switched our Anniversary reservation from CSR to WL. I had been looking forward to CSR, but the construction started to make me nervous, and I am now very happy with my new choice.

We'll have the DXDP. Has anyone used snack credits at breakfast for anything other than pastries? I've used snack credits for a side of sausage or a side of bacon or cappuccinos at Poly and POR. Wondering if something like that would work at Roaring Forks or Geyser Point.

We love Geyser Point. That restaurant and the new villas pool have made the Wilderness Lodge an even better place to stay then it was before. The only negative has been Roaring Fork. It used to have a better selection of freshly made food than it has now. But the addition of the outdoor eating area has been a much needed improvement. :)
Yes I heard Roaring Forks had sadly gone downhill. Too bad, it used to be good. Yesterday was ADR day, made one for Artist Point, and Trails End.
Where are movies now since the beach is gone? Used to be by boat rental.

Anyone have a photo?

Yes I heard Roaring Forks had sadly gone downhill. Too bad, it used to be good. Yesterday was ADR day, made one for Artist Point, and Trails End.
Where are movies now since the beach is gone? Used to be by boat rental.

Here are some pics of the movie location. They are behind Geyser Point next to the walkway to the boat rental dock.
43028944-B149-42BC-840D-9D3E85AF64D6.jpeg D1441DB8-F947-4817-8D11-4FA949CD7166.jpeg

We did notice a change in Roaring Fork, but still enjoyed it, so not all is lost. :)

Here are some pics of the movie location. They are behind Geyser Point next to the walkway to the boat rental dock.
View attachment 305824 View attachment 305825

We did notice a change in Roaring Fork, but still enjoyed it, so not all is lost. :)
Thanks! CMs used to set up chairs in the old spot. I noticed since Poly & GF moved movies off the beach you have to sit on the ground there too :worried:

Thanks! CMs used to set up chairs in the old spot. I noticed since Poly & GF moved movies off the beach you have to sit on the ground there too :worried:
I like the new grassy spot, at least based on the photos. It fits the theme of the hotel better, and no sandy clothes! I wish a movie another than Inside Out were showing on the only night we can go, but at least it's not Up or Toy Story 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter