• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at Copper Creek over Saint Patrick's Day weekend.

Are the "Alternate Studios" mentioned above handicap accessible and if not how would someone request one ...
We know that the one on the fourth floor is handicapped accessible. I have not seen whether the others are or not. Requesting them is just a matter of noting the request on your reservation and hoping that it works out for the room assignor to fit you in one, but with such limited availability (6 out of 78 possible rooms) it can be a difficult request to have met.

Have a great trip, it is coming up very soon!

oh I just realized I booked a walk-in shower ...
Do the "Alternate Studios" have walk in showers or only tubs ???

Did anyone notice they added a new "view" for rooms at WL? I noticed today a "Nature View" and they revised the Standard to only mention views of the roof, service area, or parking area.

Did anyone notice they added a new "view" for rooms at WL? I noticed today a "Nature View" and they revised the Standard to only mention views of the roof, service area, or parking area.

Very interesting. I hadn’t noticed it yet, but expected this to be coming. This is likely the new name for the former “Woods View” rooms that had been available as Standard View since the Copper Creek construction began. Fortunately there isn’t a Theme Park view added yet, so costs appear to be in line with the prior Standard/Woods/Courtyard options. It does mean there are far fewer “Standard View” rooms in inventory, so they will be harder to get.

Looks like all the "Alternate Studios" have a tub/shower so I do not think I can request one because we have a walk-in shower studio

Looks like all the "Alternate Studios" have a tub/shower so I do not think I can request one because we have a walk-in shower studio

Since at least the fourth floor one is handicapped accessible, it has the walk in shower. These rooms are available to anyone, so there is still hope... @Fokus17 stayed in the fourth floor room and discussed it here and posted pics here.

We will be staying at Copper Creek over Saint Patrick's Day weekend.
Is there any new information on the possibility of new lounge area or being able to pay extra for club level access ???

Are the "Alternate Studios" mentioned above handicap accessible and if not how would someone request one ...

I asked the front desk and the DVC sales people a day or two ago and they didn't have any information to share. They just said "I think it's pretty soon."

Very interesting. I hadn’t noticed it yet, but expected this to be coming. This is likely the new name for the former “Woods View” rooms that had been available as Standard View since the Copper Creek construction began. Fortunately there isn’t a Theme Park view added yet, so costs appear to be in line with the prior Standard/Woods/Courtyard options. It does mean there are far fewer “Standard View” rooms in inventory, so they will be harder to get.
Looking at the dates for my May trip and the Nature view rooms are less than Courtyard, which I thought was quite strange, I expected the opposite. I agree, there will be very few Standard rooms now. Probably just those that are on the lower floors and down closer to the lobby end of the building. But really, even those have a few of the woods, just more a view of parking and less a few of woods so hopefully they are still Standard.

Looking at the dates for my May trip and the Nature view rooms are less than Courtyard, which I thought was quite strange, I expected the opposite. I agree, there will be very few Standard rooms now. Probably just those that are on the lower floors and down closer to the lobby end of the building. But really, even those have a few of the woods, just more a view of parking and less a few of woods so hopefully they are still Standard.
With the way the pricing works out, I am optimistic that the "Nature View" rooms are the old "Woods View" rooms in the North wing. This makes them a mid level cost option, and also gives a bookable category for non-courtyard view bunk bed rooms. The middle section of rooms, over the service area (with even room numbers x042-x066) could still then still be Standard View as they always have been. These rooms can have great MK views, but I am glad to see that the pricing and categorization makes no mention of this, so I am inclined to think they will remain categorized as they originally were. Time will tell, and I'm not sure we will ever get any official confirmation from Disney as to which room numbers are in which category.

With the way the pricing works out, I am optimistic that the "Nature View" rooms are the old "Woods View" rooms in the North wing. This makes them a mid level cost option, and also gives a bookable category for non-courtyard view bunk bed rooms. The middle section of rooms, over the service area (with even room numbers x042-x066) could still then still be Standard View as they always have been. These rooms can have great MK views, but I am glad to see that the pricing and categorization makes no mention of this, so I am inclined to think they will remain categorized as they originally were. Time will tell, and I'm not sure we will ever get any official confirmation from Disney as to which room numbers are in which category.
Nope. Even Len at Touring Plans tried to get this and his information, at least as it's listed on his site, is not accurate. Many rooms are incorrect. Which I assume is because he was provided inaccurate information from the get-go.

Quick question about these new room views.. We are booked at WL for the first week of May and booked a standard room and so did my dad.. my original plan for room request was bunk bed room if available and to be near each other. I know if I only make 1 request they are more likely to to do it so should I not even mention being near each other? Since there are so few "standard" rooms will they all be pretty close regardless? We do not need to be next door to them or anything I just didn't want to be placed on opposite sides of the resort and my kids really want the bunk beds.

Quick question about these new room views.. We are booked at WL for the first week of May and booked a standard room and so did my dad.. my original plan for room request was bunk bed room if available and to be near each other. I know if I only make 1 request they are more likely to to do it so should I not even mention being near each other? Since there are so few "standard" rooms will they all be pretty close regardless? We do not need to be next door to them or anything I just didn't want to be placed on opposite sides of the resort and my kids really want the bunk beds.
In that case what I would do is request bunk bed if possible and make sure that each of your reservations note that you are traveling with the other party. You won't be far apart, but could be at opposite ends of a long hallway. With the traveling together note, you will likely be closer.
With the new Nature View category in use, there are fewer rooms that are considered Standard View, but that doesn't mean you won't be "upgraded" to a Nature View room, which I believe would be required to get Bunk Beds. I don't believe there are any bunk Bed rooms in the section that was traditionally Standard View, but there are quite a few that are not Courtyard View, so you may get one. We had this happen to us last August and our kids LOVED the bunk beds.
Happy planning, and have a great trip!

Here is an updated bookable view category map based on the info we have, and it replaces the former one that included Woods View as an option.
WL_CC_Room_Numbers_20180227.jpg

In that case what I would do is request bunk bed if possible and make sure that each of your reservations note that you are traveling with the other party. You won't be far apart, but could be at opposite ends of a long hallway. With the traveling together note, you will likely be closer.
With the new Nature View category in use, there are fewer rooms that are considered Standard View, but that doesn't mean you won't be "upgraded" to a Nature View room, which I believe would be required to get Bunk Beds. I don't believe there are any bunk Bed rooms in the section that was traditionally Standard View, but there are quite a few that are not Courtyard View, so you may get one. We had this happen to us last August and our kids LOVED the bunk beds.
Happy planning, and have a great trip!
Thanks!!

And we had a room over the lobby, Not sure the exact number now, but either 086 or 087, 5th floor. I would NOT call that Nature View myself. We could NOT see MK from that room. It was right over the service areas (mostly construction areas then, since the cabins were completed and had their grand opening during our trip). I'd consider them Standard myself. Will be interesting to see what Disney classifies them as.

If anything, some of the Standard rooms closer to the elevators could now be Nature View. If you look out that window in the hall you can see MK from down near that end of the hall.

Here is an updated bookable view category map based on the info we have, and it replaces the former one that included Woods View as an option.
WL_CC_Room_Numbers_20180227.jpg

Are there still Standard Bunk Bed rooms? I wondered if they moved them all out since you can't book them any more.

As to being on opposite sides, that can't happen any more since the other side is now the Copper Creek Villa.

Would love to see this with bunk bed rooms annotated.
Me too, but it isn't that simple because bunk bed room numbers vary floor by floor, and could actually change with time since there is no difference in room size. I have been in or seen bunks in 4081, 4082, 4087, 4006, 6016, 6024. There are a number of courtyard view bunk bed rooms as well, scattered across the floors on the South side of the North wing. I have also heard, and believe, that there are no bunk beds in even number rooms from x042 to x066, which is why bunks are not traditionally available with a standard view room.

Does WL have bathrooms with showers/changing rooms by the pool? Like to use on check out day to change?
I checked the women's bathroom at the new villas pool yesterday and it has a very nice shower room in it. I assume that the men's room would have a shower, too. :)

We checked into the WL yesterday and were given a Nature View room. We had originally booked a standard view and I made a request for a room with a nice view. It now says nature view instead of standard view on our reservation. We have a room that is in the north wing and in the section that used to be the woods view rooms. We are about as close to Otter Pond as you can get and we have a view of the cabins. Maybe it is the pond that makes it a nature view? We can see the Contemporary behind the trees. I'll let you know if we can see the fireworks tonight. We plan to be back in the room by then. I'll post the room number and a few room view pictures when we get back home.

Mini trip report-
We arrived at the WL via Magical Express around 10:30am. The ME stopped at Fort Wilderness before heading to the WL and then the Poly. We were the only ones getting off at the WL and it was very nice to be greeted by name. Everyone is really friendly here. I think every single CM we saw yesterday said hello. :)

Our room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Disney Springs for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. My husband had his favorite meat loaf sandwich. The Disney Springs bus shares with the Contemporary and it took about 30 minutes to get to DS but only about 20 minutes for the return trip, since the WL is the first stop on the return trip.

We got the room ready text about 1pm while we were riding the bus back to the lodge. We were very tired from our early flight and were glad to get into the room for a nap. I was very impressed with all the different toiletry items in the room. Besides the standard Sea Marine shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion and bar soap, we have mouthwash, solar relief gel, and a vanity kit that includes cotton swabs, round cotton pads and a small emery board. It was a better assortment than we've gotten at some of the other deluxe resorts. :)

We checked out the pool area of the new villas pool and it was really nice. There were a lot of tables with umbrellas and cabanas around the pool. The pool lounge chairs were padded. The bathroom also contains a shower room that is very nice. I'll try to remember to get of picture of the shower room at the villas pool since I don't think anyone has posted a picture of it.

We had a light dinner at Geyser Point and just happened to catch the campfire that starts at 6:30 pm. The cast member stoking the fire was doing an excellent job. I can almost never walk past a campfire without cooking a couple of marshmallows. They sell S'mores kits but the marshmallows are free.

Then we went into MK via boat to see the fireworks. We had a small launch going to MK and the ride was quick, about ten minutes. The return trip took longer. The biggest boat I have ever seen at the WL picked up the whole crowd of people who were waiting to go back to the lodge after the fireworks - and everyone in line fit on the boat. It was a boat that could load ECV's and it was bigger than the one they normally use. But, then again, we don't usually stay for fireworks so maybe it is a boat they have used for ages. But it was new to me.

We had great luck with the Disney Springs buses and the MK boats yesterday. We either had a very short wait or they were already sitting there when we got there. But the bus to Epcot had a crazy long line this morning. It was the first day of the Flower and Garden Show and almost everyone at the bus stop at 8:30 am was going to Epcot. It took a few buses to load the people in line. Then we lucked out and the WL bus was waiting for us when we were ready to go back to the lodge. Tonight is dinner at Artist Point, and tomorrow is breakfast at Trails End, two of our favorite places to eat when we stay at the lodge.

We had a letter in our room and a voice message telling us that the hot water would be off last night from 1am to 5am. When we woke up this morning around 6:30am the hot water was back on, and it was very hot, too. We received a letter this afternoon that said that the electricity in our guest room will go off between 3am and 4am overnight on Friday night. I hope that doesn't wake us up. Other than that, everything seems to be working. :)

Last edited:
I checked the women's bathroom at the new villas pool yesterday and it has a very nice shower room in it. I assume that the men's room would have a shower, too. :)

We checked into the WL yesterday and were given a Nature View room. We had originally booked a standard view and I made a request for a room with a nice view. It now says nature view instead of standard view on our reservation. We have a room that is in the north wing and in the section that used to be the woods view rooms. We are about as close to Otter Pond as you can get and we have a view of the cabins. Maybe it is the pond that makes it a nature view? We can see the Contemporary behind the trees. I'll let you know if we can see the fireworks tonight. We plan to be back in the room by then. I'll post the room number and a few room view pictures when we get back home.

Mini trip report-
We arrived at the WL via Magical Express around 10:30am. The ME stopped at Fort Wilderness before heading to the WL and then the Poly. We were the only ones getting off at the WL and it was very nice to be greeted by name. Everyone is really friendly here. I think every single CM we saw yesterday said hello. :)

Our room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Disney Springs for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. My husband had his favorite meat loaf sandwich. The Disney Springs bus shares with the Contemporary and it took about 30 minutes to get to DS but only about 20 minutes for the return trip, since the WL is the first stop on the return trip.

We got the room ready text about 1pm while we were riding the bus back to the lodge. We were very tired from our early flight and were glad to get into the room for a nap. I was very impressed with all the different toiletry items in the room. Besides the standard Sea Marine shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion and bar soap, we have mouthwash, solar relief gel, and a vanity kit that includes cotton swabs, round cotton pads and a small emery board. It was a better assortment than we've gotten at some of the other deluxe resorts. :)

We checked out the pool area of the new villas pool and it was really nice. There were a lot of tables with umbrellas and cabanas around the pool. The pool lounge chairs were padded. The bathroom also contains a shower room that is very nice. I'll try to remember to get of picture of the shower room at the villas pool since I don't think anyone has posted a picture of it.

We had a light dinner at Geyser Point and just happened to catch the campfire that starts at 6:30 pm. The cast member stoking the fire was doing an excellent job. I can almost never walk past a campfire without cooking a couple of marshmallows. They sell S'mores kits but the marshmallows are free.

Then we went into MK via boat to see the fireworks. We had a small launch going to MK and the ride was quick, about ten minutes. The return trip took longer. The biggest boat I have ever seen at the WL picked up the whole crowd of people who were waiting to go back to the lodge after the fireworks - and everyone in line fit on the boat. It was a boat that could load ECV's and it was bigger than the one they normally use. But, then again, we don't usually stay for fireworks so maybe it is a boat they have used for ages. But it was new to me.

We had great luck with the Disney Springs buses and the MK boats yesterday. We either had a very short wait or they were already sitting there when we got there. But the bus to Epcot had a crazy long line this morning. It was the first day of the Flower and Garden Show and almost everyone at the bus stop at 8:30 am was going to Epcot. It took a few buses to load the people in line. Then we lucked out and the WL bus was waiting for us when we were ready to go back to the lodge. Tonight is dinner at Artist Point, and tomorrow is breakfast at Trails End, two of our favorite places to eat when we stay at the lodge.

We had a letter in our room and a voice message telling us that the hot water would be off last night from 1am to 5am. When we woke up this morning around 6:30am the hot water was back on, and it was very hot, too. We received a letter this afternoon that said that the electricity in our guest room will go off between 3am and 4am overnight tonight. I hope that doesn't wake us up. Other than that, everything seems to be working. :)
Sounds like you’re off to a great start. What do you think of Geyser Point?
I think I’ll be heading to Villas pool for our pool time, love the padded lounges. I got spoiled at GF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter