• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm still not happy the special toppings for the waffles are missing. I did see that it appears the Wilderness Salad is in the grab and go cooler, along with other salad selections.

I wish they'd add the waffle toppings to the grab and go, with strawberries and cream in the cooler and bananas foster in the hot area. Chocolate chips could be in the cooler too. I'd pay extra for the toppings, no problem.

We stopped by the Wilderness Lodge today to have lunch at Geyser Point and check out all of the new stuff. The marina is open and we saw a lot of Sea Racers on the lake. Bike rentals are back open, too.

The new pool looks great. They have a keypad entry so we couldn't go in there. The seating areas with the tin roof have different seating arrangements inside. Some have cushioned chairs and love seats while others have tables and chairs.

The path past the new cabins on the marina side is open. There is a lot of landscaping and shade trees. They planted some large trees there.

The path from the main boat dock to the cabins on the MK side is open now, too.

Last edited:
We had a very good lunch at Geyser Point. My husband liked his Bison burger. He orders it without the Marionberry sauce. I had the salmon BLT and it was very good. I got the AP discount by ordering at the window. They will deliver your food to the bar area or to the pool area. You won't get the discount if the server at the bar takes your order. Lunch was delicious and worth the trip from the Magic Kingdom.

Geyser Point is still open for breakfast even though Roaring Forks is now open. We loved eating breakfast at Geyser Point when we were there in March.

We had a very good lunch at Geyser Point. My husband liked his Bison burger. He orders it without the Marionberry sauce. I had the salmon BLT and it was very good. I got the AP discount by ordering at the window. They will deliver your food to the bar area or to the pool area. You won't get the discount if the server at the bar takes your order. Lunch was delicious and worth the trip from the Magic Kingdom.

Geyser Point is still open for breakfast even though Roaring Forks is now open. We loved eating breakfast at Geyser Point when we were there in March.
I echo the salmon BLT comment--had it in May and loved it. Had Geyser Point's eggs benedict today, and they were also good. The bar servers today said that they thought in the future (a few months, she wasn't sure when) that they'd most likely wind up taking TiW since they offer alcohol. Currently, though, as stated above, the bar takes no discounts.

As for the Mickey waffles at RF: not good. The old Mickey waffles there were made-to-order and had that nice crunch on the outside with a slightly toothsome, waffle-like interior. Plus, of course, you could get toppings. Although if you ask to get toppings added to the waffles, they can do it (though the only one they seemed to have was the bananas foster), but it took some work as the order taker had no clue even though a CM standing 10 feet away said, "Sure, you can get toppings! Just tell her when you order." Uh, no. Regardless, the waffles are a shadow of their former selves. Gone is the crispy exterior, and the inside is very cake-like. In fact, these tasted and had the feel of a plain cake donut minus the sweetness. It's just not good. Perhaps others will have a different take, but I wouldn't go expecting the old, wonderful, malty, crunchy exterior waffles. I couldn't finish the small kid's version it was so tasteless. And, you are forced to order a waffle basket which is nearly $9. My wife's order of eggs benedict at GP--with two eggs and two big cheddar cheese biscuit halves, along with home style potatoes--was only $10. It was a far better meal. I am officially in mourning for the Mickey waffles. . .

Last edited:
As for the Mickey waffles at RF: not good. ... I am officially in mourning for the Mickey waffles. . .

Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear confirmation of the Mickey Waffle demise :-(

As someone with multiple food allergies, I am kind of dreading what our RF options will be when we visit in December. We had been planing 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and a dinner there.

SW

I echo the salmon BLT comment--had it in May and loved it. Had Geyser Point's eggs benedict today, and they were also good. The bar servers today said that they thought in the future (a few months, she wasn't sure when) that they'd most likely wind up taking TiW since they offer alcohol. Currently, though, as stated above, the bar takes no discounts.

As for the Mickey waffles at RF: not good. The old Mickey waffles there were made-to-order and had that nice crunch on the outside with a slightly toothsome, waffle-like interior. Plus, of course, you could get toppings. Although if you ask to get toppings added to the waffles, they can do it (though the only one they seemed to have was the bananas foster), but it took some work as the order taker had no clue even though a CM standing 10 feet away said, "Sure, you can get toppings! Just tell her when you order." Uh, no. Regardless, the waffles are a shadow of their former selves. Gone is the crispy exterior, and the inside is very cake-like. In fact, these tasted and had the feel of a plain cake donut minus the sweetness. It's just not good. Perhaps others will have a different take, but I wouldn't go expecting the old, wonderful, malty, crunchy exterior waffles. I couldn't finish the small kid's version it was so tasteless. And, you are forced to order a waffle basket which is nearly $9. My wife's order of eggs benedict at GP--with two eggs and two big cheddar cheese biscuit halves, along with home style potatoes--was only $10. It was a far better meal. I am officially in mourning for the Mickey waffles. . .

Hi Sleepydog, thanks for the update! That's too bad to hear about the Mickey Waffles...sigh :(, I was wondering if the food at Roaring Fork would be just as good after they reopened. I'm just hoping the flatbread pizzas were as good as they were before. At our last visit (2 summers ago), they were the best flatbread pizzas in all WDW (in my opinion), i'm hoping that they are just as good.

Hope you are having a fantastic trip!

We stopped by the Wilderness Lodge today to have lunch st Geyser Point and check out all of the new stuff. The marina is open and we saw a lot of lsea Racers on the lake. Bike rentals are back open, too.

The new pool looks great. They have a keypad entry so we couldn't go in there. The seating areas with the tin roof have different seating arrangements inside. Some have cushioned chairs and love seats while others have tables and chairs.

The path past the new cabins on the marina side is open. There is a lot of landscaping and shade trees. They planted some large trees there.

The path from the main boat dock to the cabins on the MK side is open now, too.

Thanks for the update about the pool! When you say keypad entry to the new pool, is that pool just for guests staying at the villas?

Hi Sleepydog, thanks for the update! That's too bad to hear about the Mickey Waffles...sigh :(, I was wondering if the food at Roaring Fork would be just as good after they reopened. I'm just hoping the flatbread pizzas were as good as they were before. At our last visit (2 summers ago), they were the best flatbread pizzas in all WDW (in my opinion), i'm hoping that they are just as good.

Hope you are having a fantastic trip!
Sorry, but I have no report on the pizzas. We never ate them; in fact, about the only thing we ever got from RF were the Mickey waffles which these no longer are save in name only. Thanks for the best wishes! I'll post any more updates when they come up. We have one more day we're planning to go back over to the Lodge. We walked along the paths leading to the cabins since they are open to the public now, and I will say the landscaping has restored some of the lost wilderness. Some.

Thanks for the update about the pool! When you say keypad entry to the new pool, is that pool just for guests staying at the villas?
The new pool is open to all guests whether you stay in the main Lodge, the new Copper Creek rooms, or VWL. We recently saw a post on another forum where folks staying at the Poly are now being asked to wear a color band to show they're staying at the Poly. This leads us to believe that those will soon follow at WL's main and new pool, though it wasn't in effect yesterday. We walked around inside the pool, as well, since we simply waited for someone to walk in and followed behind. Still no lifeguards, either.

Sorry, but I have no report on the pizzas. We never ate them; in fact, about the only thing we ever got from RF were the Mickey waffles which these no longer are save in name only. Thanks for the best wishes! I'll post any more updates when they come up. We have one more day we're planning to go back over to the Lodge. We walked along the paths leading to the cabins since they are open to the public now, and I will say the landscaping has restored some of the lost wilderness. Some.

The new pool is open to all guests whether you stay in the main Lodge, the new Copper Creek rooms, or VWL. We recently saw a post on another forum where folks staying at the Poly are now being asked to wear a color band to show they're staying at the Poly. This leads us to believe that those will soon follow at WL's main and new pool, though it wasn't in effect yesterday. We walked around inside the pool, as well, since we simply waited for someone to walk in and followed behind. Still no lifeguards, either.
They are going to add the magic band scanners to the main pool soon, and the Boulder Ridge pool will not have lifeguards, like most "quiet" pools.

As someone with multiple food allergies, I am kind of dreading what our RF options will be when we visit in December. We had been planing 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and a dinner there.
My sister has celiac's disease and she was able to get gluten free food at Geyser Point. They will also be able to accommodate you at Roaring Forks. Disney is great about that. :)

Not sure, but the Poly bands might just be for the 4th holiday weekend (especially today and tomorrow). The Poly has a HUGE influx of offsite people every July 3rd/4th, for fireworks, and the pool becomes seriously overcrowded. They try to crack down on "uninvited pool guests" temporarily, but it never seems to last much beyond the July 4th holiday. So I'm guessing we won't need special bands at the WL pools, unless/until pool hopping becomes a big problem there.

On another note, really sorry to hear about the waffles. :sad1:

Which resorts does WL share buses with and what is the order of pick up/drop off?
DHS and AK share with contemporary or Fort Wilderness. WL is first on/off. MK shares with Fort Wilderness but typically only in the pm. Not sure about the DS bus.

Today DHS and AK bus were running 45 mins plus from 8:15 on. Very frustrating! This week the busses have been more erratic than what we experienced last year, and for us AK has been the worst.

My husband and I stayed at Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon almost 20 years ago. There was a walking path to Fort Wilderness. Is that still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter