Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me if pet dogs are restricted to particular buildings at POR? I am not asking about service dogs I realise they can be anywhere, and we have no issues with them as they generally don’t bark for hours and aren’t left alone in a room. I ask because my husband is basically stressed out by the barking dog next door at home that barks all night and he isn’t going to enjoy a holiday if there is a barking dog next door in the building. Last time we were at Caribbean we had a barking dog in the room next door as the owner kept locking him in the room by himself all day and most of the night.

Can anyone tell me if pet dogs are restricted to particular buildings at POR?

They do try to target specific locations if possible, but if a guests as a booking that requires a different building (e.g. a Preferred Location or Pool/River View) then they can be assigned to other areas. Put in a request to be assigned away from any dogs if possible. As you say, Service Animals would not be an issue as they would not be left alone in rooms.

Andre

Anyone know if they actually mop the flooring between guest? Two of the Three time I’ve stayed in hotels (non Disney) with “wood” floors they were filthy.

Is it quicker to take the boat to Disney Springs, or a Disney Bus? Thank you!
The boat is a 20 minute-ish ride while the bus takes maybe ten minutes. We usually take the boat to Disney Springs and the bus back to the resort. The bus depot is a lot closer to the restaurants we like than the boat dock is. The bus shares with French Quarter and will stop there before going to POR on the way back to the resorts.

I have a room booked in December for our family of three.
We do not want to stay at Alligator Bayou, for several reasons. I know that I can make requests, as we did the last coupe of times, but the success was varied.
I have a pretty debilitating neurological spine issue. I can (and should) walk and do stairs, but when I have flare ups it can be very painful and it can be difficult to get around as easily. Our last visit here we were in Magnolia Bend, in a pretty far room, but I managed (barely). Our booking is for a pool view this time, because that was what was available. It looks like over 2/3 of the pool view rooms are in Alligator Bayou with the murphy pull down.
I don't like the look of AB, I want the dresser and not the pull down bed that would be useful, if I am on a second floor in AB I may have a difficult time on a painful day w/o the elevators, and I know some of those buildings are a long walk to the pool and lobby.
What are the odds that they will honor my request to not be in AB without all this back story.

We do not want to stay at Alligator Bayou, for several reasons. I know that I can make requests, as we did the last coupe of times, but the success was varied.
I have a pretty debilitating neurological spine issue. I can (and should) walk and do stairs, but when I have flare ups it can be very painful and it can be difficult to get around as easily. Our last visit here we were in Magnolia Bend, in a pretty far room, but I managed (barely). Our booking is for a pool view this time, because that was what was available. It looks like over 2/3 of the pool view rooms are in Alligator Bayou with the murphy pull down.
I don't like the look of AB, I want the dresser and not the pull down bed that would be useful, if I am on a second floor in AB I may have a difficult time on a painful day w/o the elevators, and I know some of those buildings are a long walk to the pool and lobby.
What are the odds that they will honor my request to not be in AB without all this back story.
Your chances should be fairly good but...... I just went to WDW at the end of July and stayed at POR. We requested a room in Magnolia Bend but upon our arrival date we got a text message saying our room in AB was ready. When we got to POR we went to the front desk and explained our situation and they were able to change our room very easily and were assigned a perfect room for us in the building we requested.

If you are unable to navigate stairs, you can call Special Reservations (it’s for disability services) and let them know your request and need for a 1st floor. Their number is 407-939-7807
But they probably couldn’t do anything about getting you a room in MB vs AB.

And like @fbarker, I was also given a room on the second floor and went to guest services and asked for a first floor and I was moved too.

Just returned from Riverside 3 weeks ago.. And booked it again for next November! My family loved it, although I do prefer French Quarter for the smaller size. We were in Alligator Bayou which was a bit of a trek to the lobby but not bad. I decided to do a mommy and daughter trip for my daughter's birthday next November to hopefully do the Christmas party. And for the first time, I am going to try not to tell her until the day of. I was going to go cheaper and do a value, but decided that this was a good time to try a Royal Room with the princess theme since DH and DS will be staying home.

If you have stayed in these rooms, what is your overall opinion? I love the look. Also is this area an easier walk to the lobby/food court?

And for the first time, I am going to try not to tell her until the day of. I was going to go cheaper and do a value, but decided that this was a good time to try a Royal Room with the princess theme since DH and DS will be staying home.

If you have stayed in these rooms, what is your overall opinion? I love the look. Also is this area an easier walk to the lobby/food court?
We had received a free upgrade to a Royal room last February. The room was beautiful and very princessy. :) The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have any USB ports or additional outlets on the dresser or nightstands. Hopefully. they will fix that by the time you return.

We had booked a river view room so our walk to the lobby and food court was very convenient. There was a bridge near our building which led to the lobby area. But a room at the back of one of the buildings could be a bit further. The buildings are much easier to navigate than the AB buildings, though, but not necessarily closer.

We really like POR and have found that we much prefer the river view category to preferred. They are the same rate. But the river view puts the resort room in front and makes it easier to maneuver around the huge resort. :)

Just returned from Riverside 3 weeks ago.. And booked it again for next November! My family loved it, although I do prefer French Quarter for the smaller size. We were in Alligator Bayou which was a bit of a trek to the lobby but not bad. I decided to do a mommy and daughter trip for my daughter's birthday next November to hopefully do the Christmas party. And for the first time, I am going to try not to tell her until the day of. I was going to go cheaper and do a value, but decided that this was a good time to try a Royal Room with the princess theme since DH and DS will be staying home.

We've stayed in the royal rooms several times and these are the only rooms I will book when we go back. It's an easy walk to the lobby and we would catch the bus to the parks at the back of our building. I think it was either our 4th or 5th stay at the mansions when on our walk back to the room, my husband spotted the faces on the trees. It's just amazing that you notice different things with each stay. Enjoy your trip and we love the royal rooms.

Dogs aren't allowed in the royal rooms - except - of course - service dogs. We didn't see or hear any dogs when we were there in February.
I know this post is from Sept, but I just want to say there are dog friendly royal rooms. Beyond the fact I’ve seen recent YouTube tours of royal rooms with dogs (who were very obviously not service dogs), my family also has an upcoming trip booked in royal rooms and one group in our party will have non-service dogs with them. I believe the dog friendly royal rooms are in Parterre Place (there’s a dog walking area outside of it). Likely there just aren’t as many dog owners staying in royal rooms as there are in other areas of the resort. Just want anyone thinking of a royal room who also travels with a non-service dog to be aware it’s an option.

I know this post is from Sept, but I just want to say there are dog friendly royal rooms. Beyond the fact I’ve seen recent YouTube tours of royal rooms with dogs (who were very obviously not service dogs), my family also has an upcoming trip booked in royal rooms and one group in our party will have non-service dogs with them. I believe the dog friendly royal rooms are in Parterre Place (there’s a dog walking area outside of it). Likely there just aren’t as many dog owners staying in royal rooms as there are in other areas of the resort. Just want anyone thinking of a royal room who also travels with a non-service dog to be aware it’s an option.
Thanks for the update. I know that the initial roll out of the pet dog issue had limited dogs to certain buildings. I guess Disney quietly lifted the limits on where pet dogs would be located. :)

What is y'all's favorite building? I'm thinking 80 or 85 for family of 4 (2 adults, 6 and 4 yr) Or is near West Depot better for loading bus with stroller?

What is y'all's favorite building? I'm thinking 80 or 85 for family of 4 (2 adults, 6 and 4 yr) Or is near West Depot better for loading bus with stroller?
I use East Depot from building 85. Its an easy walk and we seldom have any problems with a full bus. I am not sure the North Depot, from building 85, provides a significant benefit and its a longer walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter