Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

You're welcome. Personally I prefer the carpeting, especially the lushy themed carpet in the Royal Rooms - as long as it's regularly cleaned of course. I've stayed at several high-end hotels recently on short trips (from The Savoy in London to a lovely 4-star in Dublin city centre last month) and they all featured carpets in the guest rooms - just like Four Seasons/etc in Disney World. To be honest, I think they would be shocked at the idea of putting their guests in rooms with laminate floors. Many also featured stylish bed coverings or runners rather than the clinically stark and boring plain white sheets that Disney is now including in its supposedly themed rooms.

Andre
Agree, I too personally love the carpet. My Mom has terrible allergies of dust mites, She has hardwood throughout her house and washes it often. I just want her to be comfortable. I personally love the details of the Royal room and enjoy the embellishment they added. I could always ask for the thorough cleaning that they offer before we go.

Also, I too miss the fancy pillows and bed runners, I understand they can get pretty filthy over time, but loved the added detail they brought.

Love this resort. Felt like a true Disney themed resort. Stayed at the BC before it, and while location was awesome with nightlife, the theming was lacking. For me, the theming of Disney hotels sets it apart, so this place was great. Being transported

Hi Everyone,
Less than two weeks remaining until we check in at Riverside resort! There will be four of us and we booked a Woods view room. Does this mean we will automatically be placed in Magnolia Bend? If so which building would you recommend we stay at (80 or 85) It appears 90 & 95 are for Royal Guest Rooms only. Lastly, any recommendations on which floor and room we should request? Kids are 8 & 10 so we can climb stairs easy enough :). Looking for a good view and a quiet room (no dogs around)!
Thanks in advance
PS-do they usually accept reservations? How best to request (app chat etc.)?

There will be four of us and we booked a Woods view room. Does this mean we will automatically be placed in Magnolia Bend?

Most likely, but it's not guaranteed as sometimes they will overspill into the Alligator Bayou woods rooms if necessary, which is technically a free upgrade.

The best way to make a request is by the online chat system, or phoning the Reservation Centre directly, which will have a note added to your booking.

Andre

Hi Everyone,
Less than two weeks remaining until we check in at Riverside resort! There will be four of us and we booked a Woods view room. Does this mean we will automatically be placed in Magnolia Bend? If so which building would you recommend we stay at (80 or 85) It appears 90 & 95 are for Royal Guest Rooms only. Lastly, any recommendations on which floor and room we should request? Kids are 8 & 10 so we can climb stairs easy enough :). Looking for a good view and a quiet room (no dogs around)!
Thanks in advance
We've stayed in Buildings 80 & 85 for a standard view room and the location is great! Close to a bus stop but also close to the bridge over to Riverside Mill food court, which gives you access to the bus stop at the lobby :)

Hi Everyone,
Thanks in advance
They placed me in 85 when my dog and I stayed there so just FYI. I saw quite a few dogs in both 80 and 85.

Most likely, but it's not guaranteed as sometimes they will overspill into the Alligator Bayou woods rooms if necessary, which is technically a free upgrade.

The best way to make a request is by the online chat system, or phoning the Reservation Centre directly, which will have a note added to your booking.

Andre
Thanks Andre

Thanks, I thought they'd have dedicated floors/rooms for dogs. My son is has a slight allergy to dogs, so hopefully the room wasn't previously occupied by one. great info thanks!
I would call them and let them know you would like to request an allergy cleaning - any room can be occupied previously by a dog at any resort due to service animals, but at a dog-friendly resort, they can go in almost any room.

Have the best time. It is a lovely resort!

As avid coffee drinkers :):) we love a morning brew. Do the refillable cups you can purchase allow coffee as well as pop? My plan is to pick up a couple when we arrive and each morning head to the riverside cafeteria and fill them with some java. Before we head on the bus I'll pour them into a couple of to go cups to enjoy the bus ride to the parks, that way i don't need to lug the mugs around all day.

As avid coffee drinkers :):) we love a morning brew. Do the refillable cups you can purchase allow coffee as well as pop? My plan is to pick up a couple when we arrive and each morning head to the riverside cafeteria and fill them with some java. Before we head on the bus I'll pour them into a couple of to go cups to enjoy the bus ride to the parks, that way i don't need to lug the mugs around all day.

Yes, coffee is also included with the refillable mugs.

I haven’t stayed at POR in 8 years but looking forward to a return in a couple months. My only booking option was woods view with 5th sleeper (the extra bed isn’t needed). Never stayed in AB before. I will be solo frequently on the trip and returning late at night from holiday parties so wonder about a good room request in AB in that area for a woman alone. I do realize security is unlikely to be an issue, but I would still like to avoid long walks on dark paths, you know? Looking at map, I was thinking 2nd floor of building 26 or 28 might be good compromises between bus stop and main buildings? Any better options?

I just switched our room to a pool view. Saved $35. I am debating as to what will be more important to me, ground floor or close to the laundry.

I just switched our room to a pool view. Saved $35. I am debating as to what will be more important to me, ground floor or close to the laundry.
Since, in the 40+ trips, we might have used the laundry facility twice, I think you know which way I would vote. LOL

Since your reservation is for pool view, and the laundry facilities are at the leisure pools, make your request for ground floor.

I haven’t stayed at POR in 8 years but looking forward to a return in a couple months. My only booking option was woods view with 5th sleeper (the extra bed isn’t needed). Never stayed in AB before. I will be solo frequently on the trip and returning late at night from holiday parties so wonder about a good room request in AB in that area for a woman alone. I do realize security is unlikely to be an issue, but I would still like to avoid long walks on dark paths, you know? Looking at map, I was thinking 2nd floor of building 26 or 28 might be good compromises between bus stop and main buildings? Any better options?

I have added buildings 37 and 38 into contention now as also good compromises for distance between bus depot and lobby buildings. Are people waiting at north depot likely to get seats on the bus? Thanks, really hoping for any insight from the experts.

I have added buildings 37 and 38 into contention now as also good compromises for distance between bus depot and lobby buildings. Are people waiting at north depot likely to get seats on the bus? Thanks, really hoping for any insight from the experts.
Is the North Depot at the main building?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter