• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Other threads around are talking about pools being too warm for some. Anyone been in Ol' Man Island pool during a very hot spell?

The first day of my wife and I's honeymoon on August 11 we went in the leisure pool near our room (Oak Manor) and we felt like we were swimming in soup! That pool was uncomfortably warm. Toasty.

We are at riverside right now. It’s like swimming in a hot tub. We went last night around 10:30 pm and the maintenance guy said it was at 94.

How many washing machines are there in the AB sections of this resort. Laundry View says like 8, but they only display 3.

We are at riverside right now. It’s like swimming in a hot tub. We went last night around 10:30 pm and the maintenance guy said it was at 94.
How is the pool at Ol' Man Island? We found that one to be perfect in temperature, though we only swam in it at night when the sun was down.

How many washing machines are there in the AB sections of this resort. Laundry View says like 8, but they only display 3.

There are washing rooms by all of the quiet pools (so three rooms in Alligator Bayou, and two rooms at Magnolia Bend). Each room has around 12 washing machines, although somewhat fewer driers.

1692869071983.png

Andre

We have stayed at POR numerous times but last 5 or so trips have stayed at deluxe resorts. We just got back from BWI CL which was nice and got a bounce back. I reserved BC for 5 nights for around $2100 but now I am thinking we should stay at POR since it's so much cheaper. How are the rooms at POR? Are they beat up or have they been refurbished recently?

We have stayed at POR numerous times but last 5 or so trips have stayed at deluxe resorts. We just got back from BWI CL which was nice and got a bounce back. I reserved BC for 5 nights for around $2100 but now I am thinking we should stay at POR since it's so much cheaper. How are the rooms at POR? Are they beat up or have they been refurbished recently?
I believe all the rooms except the Royal Rooms have been refurbished. Royal Rooms are dated and I would avoid those. Beside the refurbished rooms, not much has changed at POR and that's a good thing.

We just got back from an 8 days trip at Riverside. Riverside was our go to resort for years, but I’m not sure it will be anymore. It’s getting a bit run down. The ac units are old and make a ton of noise. The bathroom is in need of a refurbishment, the shower curtains need to go. Our previous trip was at gran destino tower and coming back to riverside felt a bit like a let down.

River View or Preferred for best location rooms close to food and main pool and transportation?! I'm debating between river view and preferred rooms.....thank you!

River View or Preferred for best location rooms close to food and main pool and transportation?! I'm debating between river view and preferred rooms.....thank you!
We have booked both preferred rooms and river view rooms and prefer river view. The preferred rooms are close to the food court but they can still be a bit of a walk to the main building. The river view rooms are right at the front of the buildings and you don't have to travel through the maze of walkways to reach the main sidewalk. So, it is river view for us from now on. :)

Grocery Delivery with WalMart?

We stayed at PoR twice in the early 2010's so I just want to see if things are different.

I plan on putting through a WalMart order for some basics to the room - which will include alcohol. Do I need to make my delivery time for after we plan to arrive? We land at 2:27 so I was thinking a 4pm delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter