Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

As long as you're somewhere in the vicinity of the bridge, I wouldn't worry about it. As far as royal rooms go, they're honestly not that princess-y. They actually have a lot of cool details that boys will like too. The faucets look like the lamp from Aladdin and the magic carpet is on the floor. Plus, yes...the headboards are very cool. I turned mine on every night, and I had no kids with me. lol

Yes, that's true. I know the headboards would be a hit all around, even with my 15 year old. But the fighting when he has to share a bed with his younger brother does not make a vacation fun! ;) Maybe when we just have the two littles to bring. Right now we could all squeeze in the room with one under 3, but it would have to be a quick stay...for my sanity's sake! :rotfl2: Thankfully I have a girls runcation where I won't have to share a bed or worry about anyone complaining about the room and can bask in the glow of the headboards! Truly magical!

Edit: I figured everything out thanks to all the details in this wonderful thread! Thanks for all the time and devotion.

Last edited:
Hi all! Just returned from our week long trip at POR. We had stayed there is the past but only for 2 nights when we decided to extend our trip at the last minute. I faxed my requests and received exactly what I wanted. Building 16 in AB ground floor. It was a great location. Right by the quiet pool and a short stroll to the South Depot bus stop and main building. Buses were great going to the parks. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. Leaving MK and DHS at night was a different story! The line for POR was ALWAY long and took us at least an hour before getting on a bus back to POR. Overall it was a great stay. We definitely prefer FQ order POR though, mainly b/c it isn't so big. I also had a text waiting for me when I got off the plane around 2 saying our room wasn't quite ready, but by the time we walked down to the Magically express I got another text with our room and building #. IT was great being able to get off the bus and go right to our room. POR was the 2nd stop coming from the airport this trip.

Checking in just under a week!!! One question in the Airline check in when I leave: Can only one bag per person be checked? I am solo so no one else to check another bag under. I will have two and just don't want to deal with it on the flight back. If I can't check both I might just check them at the airport. SouthWest so they are free!

Checking in just under a week!!! One question in the Airline check in when I leave: Can only one bag per person be checked? I am solo so no one else to check another bag under. I will have two and just don't want to deal with it on the flight back. If I can't check both I might just check them at the airport. SouthWest so they are free!

Yes you can check more than one bag. I know you are flying Southwest but if your airline charges for more than one bag, you would pay for the second bag at the RAC Counter at POR.

I am always solo and I fly Southwest. You can check 2 bags. You could probably check more if you needed to, but you would just have to pay the fees.

Just switched from a Nemo suite at AoA to a Royal Room at POR. Now after browsing this thread, seeing that Ol' Man island pool maybe closed during our stay (2/29-3/5) is a big bummer and has me second guessing the switch. I know there are other pools at the resort, but I think this is the one DD (almost 3) would have been most excited about. I'll just keep hoping we are outside that reno window.

I try my best to keep all the off-topic chatter and clutter out of this thread (to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and allow people to more easily find answers to questions) so I don't WANT too much social chatter in here, which the new thread title is only going to encourage. I created it to be a focussed information thread, not Facebook! I'll try to find out who is responsible for this.

Andre

I try my best to keep all the off-topic chatter and clutter out of this thread (to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and allow people to more easily find answers to questions) so I don't WANT much social chatter in there, which the new thread title is only going to encourage. I created it to be a focussed information thread, not Facebook!
I wish all the resort FAQ thread creators were so diligent and shared that same vision, Andre. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Perhaps THIS thread contained more info than social chitchat, but that was not the case with all the resort information threads. In an effort to introduce some consistency and provide visitors with the ability to find info on all resorts, we are changing the format of the resort information threads.

Thanks for the post Kathy. I'll take this up in a separate thread though, as I have already said I don't want to clutter my FAQ thread up with off-topic chit chat, only relevant questions and answers about the resort. Thanks.

Andre

Looking at taking the family the first week of April for their spring break. Looking at the specials going on, the only room categories available are pool view and river view. There are 5 of us. I'm looking for something close to the main building and pool and thought of the two categories river view might be the best for that. We stayed in build. 18 in the back and it was great. If I read right the river view rooms were build. 14,27 and 38 right? I'm guessing 14 would probably be out because of the preferred category. What do you all think?

I know as far as Southwest is concerned it would be fine. I just recalled in past I'd read one bag per guest at RAC. That could have been false info even at the time. I just wanted some accurate up to date info. Thanks!!!

As of February, you could definitely check 2 bags, because I did!

I thought something was weird when I saw the name change. Andre you have gone far and beyond providing us with info on POR. It's a shame that you weren't consulted before they made a change.

Edited to add:

I went to look at the Resort information thread. It is not very helpful at all, something I can already find on line. And to bury this thread with all it's very helpful information under the title of Social Club is a shame.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter