Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can't wait to get back to POR this October. Nothing like taking a peaceful morning walk up to the food court. Hope to get some free dining. :cool1:

We have stayed in AB and royal rooms. We haven't ever been in the mansions. Do you think it is worth requesting?

Why not, try for the full set! :) It sounds like you won't be disappointed with either outcome though.

Andre

Last edited:
Does anybody know what kind of Easter baskets are available to purchase or customize at the POR gift shop? Also will they deliver them to the room while we are out?

Planning a trip jan 2016. I can't wait to get back to POR. Tried CB due to free dining nov 2014. It was going under a refurb, but we got an old room. I didn't hate the resort, but my heart is in POR. I can't decide if I should suggest a room in AB section, or mansions. Family of 4. We have stayed in AB and royal rooms. We haven't ever been in the mansions. Do you think it is worth requesting?
Royal Rooms are in the Mansion section! Our fav location! The non Royal mansions are Acadian House & Magnolia Terrace. Both locations are great.

Do we need to make reservations for dinner at Boatwrights?

We ate there this past Sunday night and they were taking walk-ups with a 90 minute wait. Our reservation was at 7:30pm. Granted, this was the beginning of one of the busiest weeks of the year - the week before Easter. They were very busy.

Do we need to make reservations for dinner at Boatwrights?
We ate there this past Sunday night and they were taking walk-ups with a 90 minute wait. Our reservation was at 7:30pm. Granted, this was the beginning of one of the busiest weeks of the year - the week before Easter. They were very busy.

We were there the first weekend in March on a Friday, and the wait was over 60 minutes at that time. We made reservation on the same day about an hour before our reservation. With reservations, we were able to relax in our room instead of waiting in the restaurant's entrance. So I support making a reservation.

Anyone ever make certain room requests while staying in the Royal Rooms? I'm a DVC member but am staying at POR for the first time.

Did online check in this morning :yay:. I tried to do it yesterday but didn't realize it would take a few minutes, so I exited and went back in today. When I looked at it yesterday I was certain there was a text box to type in room requests, but when I went back in today it was a checkbox list of things like - corner room, ground floor, etc. and you were limited to choosing 2 to request. There was no place to be able to type a request. I was hoping to make a simple request like "near the food court and transportation" as those were not even options on the list. Is there something I am missing?

Did online check in this morning :yay:. I tried to do it yesterday but didn't realize it would take a few minutes, so I exited and went back in today. When I looked at it yesterday I was certain there was a text box to type in room requests, but when I went back in today it was a checkbox list of things like - corner room, ground floor, etc. and you were limited to choosing 2 to request. There was no place to be able to type a request. I was hoping to make a simple request like "near the food court and transportation" as those were not even options on the list. Is there something I am missing?

No, you're not missing anything. That is why I always call and any requests to our reservation. Then you can add something like quiet area, close to foot bridge, non parking lot view, etc. The options during Online Check in are predetermined and limited.

Ok, thanks. I looked at it quickly yesterday and just wanted to make sure I hadn't done something weird. Now, tonight, I cannot log on to MDE on the computer, just through the app on my phone. Says my email is not in the system. :badpc: I am excited for this trip to come so I can stop this planning madness!! I have not been to POR before, either,and I am super excited to fall into that relaxing atmosphere after the busy park days with my 3 kiddos:)

The reason that "close to main facilities/transportation" is not listed as a request tickbox on the POR online checkin form is because that is already a bookable option ("Preferred Location") which anyone who has paid for it will get. The same reason that "river view" or "Royal Room" are not requestable options either. That said, it never hurts to request it though (which you can do via the reservations center phoneline) as there are lots of other quite nicely located rooms which are technically not Preferred Category.

Andre

Question for you fine POR folks :goodvibes
Is a RR lake view, garden view or pool view a must if you were only staying 1 or 2 nights on a split stay? Since all the RR's are in the same two buildings, I didn't know if there was a huge difference in "standard" versus "view" rooms as far as the interior of the room itself. I'm adding a few extra days onto the end of our trip and have been wanting to stay at POR for some time so what better way to do that then with a short split stay. DD is 6 and all about princesses princess: so she's sure to love the RR's.
:thanks:

Question for you fine POR folks :goodvibes
Is a RR lake view, garden view or pool view a must if you were only staying 1 or 2 nights on a split stay? Since all the RR's are in the same two buildings, I didn't know if there was a huge difference in "standard" versus "view" rooms as far as the interior of the room itself. I'm adding a few extra days onto the end of our trip and have been wanting to stay at POR for some time so what better way to do that then with a short split stay. DD is 6 and all about princesses princess: so she's sure to love the RR's.
:thanks:

The interior of the rooms are exactly the same no matter the view. Now this family's opinion is that it is a waste to spend the extra $$ on a view when we are staying at a value or moderate. This is because in order to enjoy said view you would have to have the blinds/curtains open while in the room. With the exterior walkways, and peoples genuine curiosity, you will have people looking in your room while walking by. I could care less, but my wife is constantly closing them when we're in the room. Now we feel differently when staying deluxe with a balcony.

The interior of the rooms are exactly the same no matter the view. Now this family's opinion is that it is a waste to spend the extra $$ on a view when we are staying at a value or moderate. This is because in order to enjoy said view you would have to have the blinds/curtains open while in the room. With the exterior walkways, and peoples genuine curiosity, you will have people looking in your room while walking by. I could care less, but my wife is constantly closing them when we're in the room. Now we feel differently when staying deluxe with a balcony.

I appreciate the insight. Yep, we spend very little time in the room anyway and if we are there, the blinds are closed. Just wanted to make sure a standard view RR, interior look and size, was the same as a pool or river view room. Thanks for saving me some money :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter