Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So I called just now with this information in mind. The reservation cast member said that she can only request that we get a building near the main building, but not request specific building numbers. I have never heard that, in fact all the advice I have ever read said to ask by the building number.

WOW, When I booked mine just a little over a week ago, the CM I spoke with put in the building I want in the comments. This is what it looks like on my reservation.
Friday, Nov 27, 2015
DISNEY'S PORT ORLEANS RESORT - RIVERSIDE
POOL VIEW
PLEASE NOTE: GST REQ BLDG 85 POOL VIEW
PLEASE NOTE: NOT GUARANTEED

WOW, When I booked mine just a little over a week ago, the CM I spoke with put in the building I want in the comments. This is what it looks like on my reservation.
Friday, Nov 27, 2015
DISNEY'S PORT ORLEANS RESORT - RIVERSIDE
POOL VIEW
PLEASE NOTE: GST REQ BLDG 85 POOL VIEW
PLEASE NOTE: NOT GUARANTEED

How do I see this information on my reservation?

So I am thinking I will just leave it as is, and then a week before are arrival I will fax the more specific request directly to POR with the building number. I am upset because I really want to stay in AB section and she wouldn't ("couldn't") note that on the reservation.

So I am thinking I will just leave it as is, and then a week before are arrival I will fax the more specific request directly to POR with the building number. I am upset because I really want to stay in AB section and she wouldn't ("couldn't") note that on the reservation.
When one CM gives you incorrect information call back and talk to one who has a clue. You most certainly can request a building number if you want to. If you really want to be in AB you should book Preferred. If you book Standard you might get AB, you might not.

So I called just now with this information in mind. The reservation cast member said that she can only request that we get a building near the main building, but not request specific building numbers. I have never heard that, in fact all the advice I have ever read said to ask by the building number.

That's interesting, because I've always read the opposite, which is to ask for what you want (like close to the main building), rather than a specific building number. The reasoning is that the buildings can be rather spread out, so for instance if you ask for building 16 because you want to be close to the main building, you could be put on the side that faces building 17, which isn't quite as close as the side that faces building 15.

Our first stay at POR is coming up quickly! Check in April 11th and out Apr 14th. I am going to fax our room request 3-5 day before our arrival. It's just my wife and I and i'm thinking of keeping the request simple. We have a King Bed booked and I'm going to request 1) non-parking lot view 2) non-connecting room and 3) highest floor. We don't mind being further from the food court/check-in but I'm debating on requesting AB or just seeing what we get. Any other suggestions?

That's interesting, because I've always read the opposite, which is to ask for what you want (like close to the main building), rather than a specific building number.

Yup, that's generally my advice - or at least tell them WHY you are requesting a particular building number (is it the location, the view, being near to a bus stop or a pool... or just because it's your lucky number?)

We have a King Bed booked and I'm going to request 1) non-parking lot view 2) non-connecting room and 3) highest floor. We don't mind being further from the food court/check-in but I'm debating on requesting AB or just seeing what we get. Any other suggestions?

If you have booked King Bed then you could really request anywhere you like (apart from the Royal Rooms). Why not ask for an upper floor Alligator Bayou room with a river view for example? I'd drop the non-connecting room point, unless you are really paranoid on the subject, as it honestly makes very little difference.

Andre

When does the April POR entertainment schedule come out? Excited to see what we can do when we arrive April 4th.

When does the April POR entertainment schedule come out? Excited to see what we can do when we arrive April 4th.

They're usually available online around the 1st or 2nd of the month. However, Andre usually posts one here a couple days before then.

Hello All! :)

Happy to report into this thread after upgrading our stay from POP to POR Royal Guest Room! :) We are traveling Aug 17th through the 26th.

This thread has been great with information and I must say Andre you site is fantastic as I was looking at that site before I changed my booking and it was the site that helped me make up my mind! :)

I do have one question for my own clarification ... from my understanding there are 4 bus stops in POR .... North - East - South - West ... and the bus pick up and drop of rotation of that is normally is WEST 1st - NORTH 2nd - EAST 3rd SOUTH 4th

Thanks!

Yes, you can request a specific bldg number. But, it's also a good idea to let them know why that building is being requested. Possibly that building won't be available, so if the room assigners know the reason you requested a certain building, they can try to accommodate you in a similar building. But you won't get a building in a category that you haven't paid for. So, if you booked a standard view room, you aren't going to get a view of the river. If you didn't book a preferred room, you aren't going to get close to the food court.
Since you've booked a garden view room, you might just want to request close to the food court. There is fairly close transportation to all the buildings. I was in bldg 35 (I think that's what it was) in AB...way in the back of the resort. It was a longish walk to the food court, but the bus stop was pretty close by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter