Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

It's a grocery service that delivers to your room. I've never used it. I usually pack breakfast supplies in my luggage. Packets of instant oatmeal, bags of bagels also pack well. I divide it up into our luggage. Also granola bars. I can supplement at resort gift shop with some fresh items. But people with young ones, who need lots of supplies, diapers etc find it very helpful.

It's a grocery service that delivers to your room. I've never used it. I usually pack breakfast supplies in my luggage. Packets of instant oatmeal, bags of bagels also pack well. I divide it up into our luggage. Also granola bars. I can supplement at resort gift shop with some fresh items. But people with young ones, who need lots of supplies, diapers etc find it very helpful.
I am a solo traveler, but I use it for water and fresh fruit. I also buy things I like to have before and after I run, since I go down for the PHM weekend. Plus I throw in a roll of paper towels and a bottle of liquid soap for convenience.

I am 5'1", would I be comfortable in the fold down bed? I am traveling with a group of teen girls, but they are all tall volleyball players and will not fit in that bed. Just trying to figure out if POR will work for us.

I am 5'1", would I be comfortable in the fold down bed? I am traveling with a group of teen girls, but they are all tall volleyball players and will not fit in that bed. Just trying to figure out if POR will work for us.

I don't see why not, my daughter was fine on one when she was a couple of inches taller than you.

Andre

Staying here with my family of 5 in May (all of the age of 3). Very confused about which rooms we can stay in. We have a River View room class. Can we stay in the Magnolia Bend section of the resort?

Staying here with my family of 5 in May (all of the age of 3). Very confused about which rooms we can stay in. We have a River View room class. Can we stay in the Magnolia Bend section of the resort?

Being a family of 5 you will have to be in the Alligator Bayou section.

We have been told several times we can stay in Magnolia Bend, where the rest of our party is requesting to be (none are families of 5), when we've read online that we'll have to be in Alligator Bayou. It's very frustrating to hear different answers from different Disney reps!

We have been told several times we can stay in Magnolia Bend, where the rest of our party is requesting to be (none are families of 5), when we've read online that we'll have to be in Alligator Bayou. It's very frustrating to hear different answers from different Disney reps!

I understand your frustration. That's why the DIS is a great source of information.

Unfortunately some staff in the call centre just don't know, and give wrong info.
Have a look at the resort map in page one. Acadian House in mansion section is right next to AB section. Maybe the rest of your party can request Acadian, and you coukd request the AB building next to it. Be sure all your reservations are linked as traveling together. This may help. I'd also fax the resort 5 days before arrival and explain situation, including all reservation #s for your group.

We have been told several times we can stay in Magnolia Bend, where the rest of our party is requesting to be (none are families of 5), when we've read online that we'll have to be in Alligator Bayou.

The official answer is that as a group of five (all over 3) booked into one room you will need to be provided with five sleeping spaces, which at Port Orleans Riverside means two queen beds and a pull-down murphy bed. That bed combination is ONLY available in the Alligator Bayou section. River View Alligator Bayou rooms could be in buildings 14, 27 or 38 (there are none in building 18).

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

Building 14 is closest to the food court (and those river view rooms are generally considered to be about the best locations on property) while 38 is a longer walk from anything, but it is somewhat nearer to the Acadian House mansion building (however definitely not close enough to quickly pop between rooms).

Andre

We have booked a garden view room. I would like to stay in the AB section. Since we are traveling with two rugrats (3yrs old and 1yr old), I would also like to be close to the main building and transportation. Which building(s) should I request when I call today?

We have booked a garden view room. I would like to stay in the AB section. Since we are traveling with two rugrats (3yrs old and 1yr old), I would also like to be close to the main building and transportation. Which building(s) should I request when I call today?

If you look at the map in the post right above yours, you'll see that buildings 17 and 18 are pretty close.

So I called just now with this information in mind. The reservation cast member said that she can only request that we get a building near the main building, but not request specific building numbers. I have never heard that, in fact all the advice I have ever read said to ask by the building number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter