• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Okay, quick question. My DW and I are staying at POFQ in mid-September and will be going to MK on one day to meet my DD, SIL, and Granddaughter. My DD is an over-planner like me and intends to be at MK for EMH rope drop at 7:00 AM. She is staying at Poly, so no worries for her. For DW and I, how early do the buses start from POFQ to MK? We are normally early risers, so no worries about us waking up in time, but I am worried about when we will need to leave POFQ to meet my DD at the MK entrance area. Anyone have recent experience?

I have a reservation for FQ July 20-28. We have decided to fly in the night before instead of drive. There is no availability for the 19th at FQ, but there is at riverside. If we book 1 night at riverside, what is the best way to transfer over to FQ the next day? I’m thinking walk with our luggage and then have it stored at FQ until our room is ready. Is that doable? That way we don’t have to wait on a luggage transfer, especially if our room is ready earlier than later at FQ. Thoughts??

I have a reservation for FQ July 20-28. We have decided to fly in the night before instead of drive. There is no availability for the 19th at FQ, but there is at riverside. If we book 1 night at riverside, what is the best way to transfer over to FQ the next day? I’m thinking walk with our luggage and then have it stored at FQ until our room is ready. Is that doable? That way we don’t have to wait on a luggage transfer, especially if our room is ready earlier than later at FQ. Thoughts??
I would not want to make that walk in July heat! Is it possible to get just what you’d need for one night in a carry on bag and go ahead and have them start the transfer of all your other bags on the 19th? I don’t know if they’re allowed to offer it but I’ve also gotten rides on a pargo golf cart between other neighboring resorts (from the Poly to the Grand and vice versa). Maybe if you explained your situation nicely to the bell services cm who comes to get your bags they might offer that?

Your plan is exactly what I’d do. Have a great trip!

I would not want to make that walk in July heat! Is it possible to get just what you’d need for one night in a carry on bag and go ahead and have them start the transfer of all your other bags on the 19th? I don’t know if they’re allowed to offer it but I’ve also gotten rides on a pargo golf cart between other neighboring resorts (from the Poly to the Grand and vice versa). Maybe if you explained your situation nicely to the bell services cm who comes to get your bags they might offer that?

So I booked the royal room at riverside, as it looks the closest to the pathway to french quarter. We will have carryons, so we could just walk with those and have them transfer the 1 (or 2 bigger pieces of luggage). I figure if we walk over in the morning maybe it won't be quite as hot! I'll talk to bell services and see what they think. Thanks for the reply!

Okay, quick question. My DW and I are staying at POFQ in mid-September and will be going to MK on one day to meet my DD, SIL, and Granddaughter. My DD is an over-planner like me and intends to be at MK for EMH rope drop at 7:00 AM. She is staying at Poly, so no worries for her. For DW and I, how early do the buses start from POFQ to MK? We are normally early risers, so no worries about us waking up in time, but I am worried about when we will need to leave POFQ to meet my DD at the MK entrance area. Anyone have recent experience?
I would check bus times on app but shoot for 6:15 to leave but that will be dependent upon busses. You could ask at the desk the night before

Hello! Me (37) and DW (37) just snagged a one night stay at POFQ as part of a split stay (The rest will be at POP) we're on a value budget, but since POP wasn't available for us to add an extra night, we went for a splurge to have a night at POFQ. This will be in November, and it's a Friday night. It won't be a park day, very likely, but mostly DS or just shopping in general.

What would the experts recommend to really get the most out of our ONE night? Or if there's one cool thing we must absolutely see while at POFQ, what is it?

Thanks!

Hello! Me (37) and DW (37) just snagged a one night stay at POFQ as part of a split stay (The rest will be at POP) we're on a value budget, but since POP wasn't available for us to add an extra night, we went for a splurge to have a night at POFQ. This will be in November, and it's a Friday night. It won't be a park day, very likely, but mostly DS or just shopping in general.

What would the experts recommend to really get the most out of our ONE night? Or if there's one cool thing we must absolutely see while at POFQ, what is it?

Thanks!
We love live music, so we spend at least a couple of our nights at POFQ at Scat Cats lounge listening to Billy and Jason. Usually, they perform on Friday night (and other nights throughout the week). Sit at the lounge, enjoy some apps and drinks and give a few requests to the duo.

Does anyone know if you can buy small bottles of wine in either the food court or the gift shop? We've been to FQ many times and I never noticed....thanks!

Does anyone know if you can buy small bottles of wine in either the food court or the gift shop? We've been to FQ many times and I never noticed....thanks!

Yes, they are in both the food court and the gift shop. Bought one a couple months ago. It was pricey! $7 or $9.

Thanks!
A nice quiet boat ride to Disney Springs, do a little shopping, eating, have a drink and a nice quiet boat ride back to POFQ.

We love live music, so we spend at least a couple of our nights at POFQ at Scat Cats lounge listening to Billy and Jason. Usually, they perform on Friday night (and other nights throughout the week). Sit at the lounge, enjoy some apps and drinks and give a few requests to the duo.
I usually put a couple in my luggage

A nice quiet boat ride to Disney Springs, do a little shopping, eating, have a drink and a nice quiet boat ride back to POFQ.
This is basically the Purpose and Mission of my family's return visit... LOL this is really all that needs to be accomplished...
And I LOVE vicariously living the POFQ life through everyone else's experiences so please, share away! :D

I just wanted to second this. Billy and Jason are really great. Grab a beer, make a request, and have a good time!

I'm finally getting around to DISboards since my trip over 4th of July. Our room was very spacious for 2 of us. Mousekeeping was really on cue with our comings and goings. I never had to call to request anything or had them knocking while we were sleeping or taking naps. I have this problem all the time at other resorts. So our stay was quiet and relaxing.
I mentioned in a previous post that I'm from New Orleans and was interested to see how Disney's beignets were. I ordered one to go. Here's why...beignets are made to order. After they come out of the fryer, the beignets go in the bag with a big scoop of powdered sugar. Then the top part of the bag is rolled closed, so that the bag is filled with air. This is to shake the sugar to stick to the beignets. When I went to eat them, I laid the bag down and ripped it open long ways. This is so I could get a good amount of sugar while I ate. Being a New Orleans native, everyone has their own way of eating beignets and tricks to not getting sugar all over you when you eat them. Lets be honest, it's messy! Cautious tip...since they are made to order and come straight out of the fryer. They are super HOT! Make sure you don't let you kids jump in and start eating right away. Check the temperature of them first!
I absolutely loved Disney's beignets! They were thick, fried for the perfect amount of time and yes, I did go back to get a second order. Cafe Du Monde has been slacking here lately. Over frying them to where the edges are too crispy and not changing the grease out on the fryer when needed. My only thing now is that everytime I go back to Disney, I have to make a special stop now to eat beignets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter