Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Any change now? (even if it's just that the FORUM_ACTIVE warning is no longer showing, but I think that's a red herring)

Andre

It's working now, and woah, seriously, this is an A-MAZ-ING labour of love! I'm in awe of your wealth of information and your willingness to share it with everyone! It's a great site that I'm sure I'll spend many hours reading over the next 6 months. I thought I was happy with our resort choice before this morning and now I'm sure we've made the perfect choice for our 35th anniversary trip! Thanks again for getting the site up and running!!!!

Update to yesterday's extra-confused travel agent:
I sent her a very detailed email letting her know exactly what i NEED the reservation to be made as and this is how she got back to me:

Good morning Jacqueline,
Yes we can book you a room with king-sized bed guaranteed, for checking in on the Jan XXXth and checking out on the Jan XXXth. I have phoned TravelBrands and there can be no problem to guarantee a King-sized bed for you.
I added your requests for your room locations as follow: Top Floor, River view and in Buildings 6 or 7.

Thanks for helping me get this cleared up so we can be sure to get a King sized bed. I took the suggestions given for getting a quieter room and had her add them as well. I'm fully aware of Disney's request are just that, requests. We'd be truly happy in any room, those are in the correct order of importance to us. Took a LOT of hand holding on my part, but I'm now confident the reservation is set up properly. Now onto getting the rest of the plans in motion

Last edited:
I’m from NOLA and keep looking at Disney’s beignets thinking they look too perfect. When we go to Cafe du Monde’ they have a more rectangular shape that looks tossed in the fryer with crispy edges and is puffy inside.
I looked up on Disney Food Blog how they make them in Disney. Looks the same as here in NOLA. If you get a chance, Google it.
The best thing about beignets are they are always made to order and you can watch the process while you are in line.
I’ll be at POFQ next week and plan to try them.

Update to yesterday's extra-confused travel agent:
I sent her a very detailed email letting her know exactly what i NEED the reservation to be made as and this is how she got back to me:

Good morning Jacqueline,
Yes we can book you a room with king-sized bed guaranteed, for checking in on the Jan 15th and checking out on the Jan 29th. I have phoned TravelBrands and there can be no problem to guarantee a King-sized bed for you.
I added your requests for your room locations as follow: Top Floor, River view and in Buildings 6 or 7.

Thanks for helping me get this cleared up so we can be sure to get a King sized bed. I took the suggestions given for getting a quieter room and had her add them as well. I'm fully aware of Disney's request are just that, requests. We'd be truly happy in any room, those are in the correct order of importance to us. Took a LOT of hand holding on my part, but I'm now confident the reservation is set up properly. Now onto getting the rest of the plans in motion

View attachment 411673

Jacqueline....so glad this is working out for you....we will be at POFQ in November/December (before and after our Merrytime DCL cruise)...if there is anything you would like me to check on while we are there, let me know...

I’m from NOLA and keep looking at Disney’s beignets thinking they look too perfect. When we go to Cafe du Monde’ they have a more rectangular shape that looks tossed in the fryer with crispy edges and is puffy inside.
I looked up on Disney Food Blog how they make them in Disney. Looks the same as here in NOLA. If you get a chance, Google it.
The best thing about beignets are they are always made to order and you can watch the process while you are in line.

My daughter and I will be checking into POFQ this Wednesday for a couple of nights and we are definitely planning on trying the beignets! I went to NOLA in Oct 2017 and really, REALLY enjoyed the beignets at Cafe du Monde!

I have searched these boards and cannot find a definitive answer. I know that PO Riverside and FQ have been recently refurbished. I want to know the specific mattress type that is in the POFQ- we stayed in building # 2 in May and found the mattress to be exceptionally comfortable. I asked one of the Disney employees at the front desk and he said he thought they were Sealy. However, I saw a picture on one of the Disney Boards that showed a Simmons Beautyrest label. I've also read that the replaced mattresses from Riverside were taken over to FQ so I'm just totally confused as to what we slept on. I would like to purchase one for myself so any help would be appreciated! thank you.

So if I know the room number would someone be able to tell me then?

I don't know if they keep records specifically, as mattresses can get replaced, removed or switched around. You could ask though, in case housekeeping can go and check what's there now for you.

Andre

We had a lovely time at POFQ:flower1:
What a lovely little resort & we had some lovely gifts left in our room for our 25th anniversary and Reece's 21st from Mousekeeping20190606_155009.jpg,20190606_155029.jpg:love: Oh & the beignets
tounge_smile.gif

Though the buses back to POFQ were disappointing, we seemed to wait an age for most of them whilst other resorts got 1 after the other and sharing with Riverside sometimes, especially when coming back from AK as it closed!
angry_smile.gif
nonono2.gif

:crazy2: I'm just now noticing the refurbishments to the alligator bayou rooms! Not a fan of the colors and choices, except for maybe the divider and shower curtains.

My daughter and I will be checking into POFQ this Wednesday for a couple of nights and we are definitely planning on trying the beignets! I went to NOLA in Oct 2017 and really, REALLY enjoyed the beignets at Cafe du Monde!

If you're hoping they are like the beignets from Cafe Du Monde, you are going to be very disappointed. They are pretty good, but absolutely nothing like the original.

We had a lovely time at POFQ:flower1:
What a lovely little resort & we had some lovely gifts left in our room for our 25th anniversary and Reece's 21st from MousekeepingView attachment 414800,View attachment 414798:love: Oh & the beignets
tounge_smile.gif

Though the buses back to POFQ were disappointing, we seemed to wait an age for most of them whilst other resorts got 1 after the other and sharing with Riverside sometimes, especially when coming back from AK as it closed!
angry_smile.gif
nonono2.gif
What time were you using the buses where it was sharing with Riverside? I can't wait to stay at POFQ in January, but the buses were a concern.

What time were you using the buses where it was sharing with Riverside? I can't wait to stay at POFQ in January, but the buses were a concern.

It depends on time of day and route. Some parks (e.g. Magic Kingdom) almost never share, while others (such as Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom) share most of the day (AK only has separate buses for a few hours first thing in the morning). See www.portorleans.org/buses.php for more info.

Andre

If you're hoping they are like the beignets from Cafe Du Monde, you are going to be very disappointed. They are pretty good, but absolutely nothing like the original.
I grew up in the NOLA burbs and have to agree. The POFQ beignets are heavier and doughier. Still, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with fried dough and powdered sugar.

Hi all. Wondered what the crowds are like at the hotel in July ?. We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September and loved the resort but toward the end of our 2 week stay, it got so busy that we literally could not get a lounger at the pool. Its the only point thats putting me off booking

Thanks.

Hi all. Wondered what the crowds are like at the hotel in July ?. We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September and loved the resort but toward the end of our 2 week stay, it got so busy that we literally could not get a lounger at the pool. Its the only point thats putting me off booking

Thanks.
We just returned from a visit July 3-7 and it was definitely busy at the pool when we went. However if you are willing to watch for a bit we could find two loungers together within a few minutes. The buses were often very crowded and the food court was also crowded but otherwise it was a fairly serene stay. We liked how compact POFQ was because we didn’t have to walk a long way to get anywhere in the heat. I don’t know if you can avoid crowds at any resort but we prefer the pool options at resorts that have a quiet pool option, which isn’t the case at POFQ. I know we could use the quiet pools at Riverside but it never seemed worth the hassle to get over there in the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter