Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Cuisinart machine (single serve?) with three pouches of joffreys
And of course you can ask for as many more as you want. No limits that I am aware of

Hi guys! We are arriving at POFQ this weekend and I just got an alert from touring plans that they were unable to send the fax to the hotel (for room request)?? What could the issue be? Im so sad!
Line was busy? Didn't answer? Fax machine not working for any number of other reasons? It happens every once in a while.
I'd just fax one for yourself instead.
Nice part about FQ, it's so small not getting a room request is not a big deal
Heck, even sending a fax doesn't mean you get the request, as everyone knows

I noticed them down on Thursday, they did some dirt work, but never saw the landscapers back over the weekend. Kinda expected them to sod immediately after ripping them out.
Then they took some more out today. The chainsaw party started at 9 and lasted till 2. Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep...... :(

FYI - I just tried sending a room request fax to the resort also and got a "Delivery Failed - No Fax machine detected on the receiving end" message.

Maybe they changed fax numbers?

Guest Folio Question

On POFQ bills, do they note parking as a separate line item charge, or is it included in the room rate on your final bill?

Traveling for business, but not staying at the group hotel, but can still invoice separately for parking if line-item billed.

I totally agree with this! I live in NC but am a huge New Orleans Saints fan. Last time I was there I wore my shirt that has Mickey dressed in a Saints jersey that says "This girl loves Mickey and her Saints" and I received so many comments from cast members. They all commented as if we were in New Orleans and made the stay at the resort feel so great. I thought it was great how they even bought into the French Quarter feel to make you feel immersed even though you are in Orlando. Can't wait to go back (and wear my shirt again on game day)!
I have that shirt!

I had the pleasure of having a chat with Pete, GM of the Port Orleans Resorts, last night at POFQ. I shared with him why Building 6 is so special to my family. ;) Talked a bit about the completed work at POFQ and the ongoing work at POR. And how I love the new rooms, but miss some of the special touches like the wall border. My six year old also showed him on the map how to walk between POR and POFQ. Just in case he needed a refresher! ;)

The GM of Port Orleans is John Berko, could that have been who you spoke to?

Andre

Hi guys! We are arriving at POFQ this weekend and I just got an alert from touring plans that they were unable to send the fax to the hotel (for room request)?? What could the issue be? Im so sad!

POFQ's fax machine is not connected at the moment, they are apparently having work done in the back office and are waiting for the cabling to the fax machine to be refitted. Not sure how long it will be down for.

Andre

Then they took some more out today. The chainsaw party started at 9 and lasted till 2. Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep...... :(

The area behind building 4 looks like they are replanting lower-level plants and bushes.

Andre

This resort was fantastic! I am only disappointed in the fact that it was the last mod we've stayed at. We spent a quick weekend here last weekend. The ability to use both pools is one of the best aspects of a stay here. We were in building 6, and the walk to the lobby or pool was only a minute or two. I now get why so many on here rave about this resort. We are on a quest to stay at least a night in each resort, but once that's complete, I think PORFQ will always be at the top of our list. Thanks for all the great info on here!

We're thinking about staying here for 3 nights at the end of January. I can get a travel agent exclusive rate but it's only around 10% off. Can anyone tell me if FQ is usually included in the public discounts or the annual passholder discounts?

No, it is usually NOT included in them. Maybe included less than half the time
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. So do you think it's worth it to book the exclusive rate at around 10% off? It's $651 for 3 nights all taxes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter