Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Because it's so small. It happens a lot more here than elsewhere.
Oh good! I was hoping I wouldn’t get a response that said, “some tournament that brings in loosely supervised teenagers will be there at this time.” :)
I liked the smallness of the resort on our last stay! In fact, we have stayed at a dozen different resorts at WDW and this is our only repeat stay. Looking forward to it!

Oh good! I was hoping I wouldn’t get a response that said, “some tournament that brings in loosely supervised teenagers will be there at this time.” :)
I liked the smallness of the resort on our last stay! In fact, we have stayed at a dozen different resorts at WDW and this is our only repeat stay. Looking forward to it!

The price and small-ness of the resort tends to keep the big groups away (yay)! FQ is my fav, and Riverside is a close second. Lots of great memories at FQ for sure, glad you enjoyed it!

Just FYI, I was able to book POFQ on Priceline Express Deals for $102 today! I was looking for early August dates; not sure if that rate is available beyond that. Look for a 3.5 rated hotel in the Disney Springs area, about 52% off, with "jazzy entertainment" in the description. Use the Hotel Canary app on Chrome to be sure before you book. Great deal, I'm so glad it worked out!

Moderator - If this question falls under the "circumventing the rules" rule please let me know.

I know you should not / cannot bring outside food into a TS restaurant but can I take my own Tervis cup to the food court to drink water?

Moderator - If this question falls under the "circumventing the rules" rule please let me know.

I know you should not / cannot bring outside food into a TS restaurant but can I take my own Tervis cup to the food court to drink water?
I don’t know what a Tervis cup is, but the freestyle machine will put ice and water into whatever container fits in the opening.

If ice and water are free, I wouldn't think it would matter what vessel it's put in, right? You're actually saving them money by not using their disposable cups.

You should use a clean cup to avoid spreading germs... you could pour it into your own cup, but should always use clean cups on dispensers.

What about all the places that allow you to get free refills? Everyone reuses their cup they just drank out of to refill. I don't understand what the difference is. :confused3

I'm guessing the OP's objection is to people who refill bottles with a narrow neck (old water/soda bottles) that they place their mouth over when drinking as there is a danger that would taint the fill spout of the machine. The refill mugs have tops you take off to refill so the theory is that your mouth only touches the top rather than the lip of the cup. Most commercially available cups for reuse have a drinking top you would remove before refill. I refill my stainless steel bottle direct from the water machines although if you refill your water in Starbucks they prefer you fill a cup and then fill your water bottle - what a waste of cups! Until they get rid of individual bottles of water/soda that people then refill (and are encouraged to refill to avoid waste) there will be a problem fro some folks. You can't win!!!

Mrs TT

I had the pleasure of having a chat with Pete, GM of the Port Orleans Resorts, last night at POFQ. I shared with him why Building 6 is so special to my family. ;) Talked a bit about the completed work at POFQ and the ongoing work at POR. And how I love the new rooms, but miss some of the special touches like the wall border. My six year old also showed him on the map how to walk between POR and POFQ. Just in case he needed a refresher! ;)

I had the pleasure of having a chat with Pete, GM of the Port Orleans Resorts, last night at POFQ. I shared with him why Building 6 is so special to my family. ;) Talked a bit about the completed work at POFQ and the ongoing work at POR. And how I love the new rooms, but miss some of the special touches like the wall border. My six year old also showed him on the map how to walk between POR and POFQ. Just in case he needed a refresher! ;)
I love how friendly all the CMs are at POFQ... And so willing to jump right in and help with any issues. Makes this little resort even more special.... SSSSHHHHH.... don't tell anyone how perfect it is... let's keep it our little secret! HA HA HA...

I love how friendly all the CMs are at POFQ... And so willing to jump right in and help with any issues. Makes this little resort even more special.... SSSSHHHHH.... don't tell anyone how perfect it is... let's keep it our little secret! HA HA HA...
It is encouraging hearing about how friendly the CMs are at POFQ. It makes me look forward even more to our October trip!

I totally agree with this! I live in NC but am a huge New Orleans Saints fan. Last time I was there I wore my shirt that has Mickey dressed in a Saints jersey that says "This girl loves Mickey and her Saints" and I received so many comments from cast members. They all commented as if we were in New Orleans and made the stay at the resort feel so great. I thought it was great how they even bought into the French Quarter feel to make you feel immersed even though you are in Orlando. Can't wait to go back (and wear my shirt again on game day)!

I totally agree with this! I live in NC but am a huge New Orleans Saints fan. Last time I was there I wore my shirt that has Mickey dressed in a Saints jersey that says "This girl loves Mickey and her Saints" and I received so many comments from cast members. They all commented as if we were in New Orleans and made the stay at the resort feel so great. I thought it was great how they even bought into the French Quarter feel to make you feel immersed even though you are in Orlando. Can't wait to go back (and wear my shirt again on game day)!
And while walking down these New Orleans “streets” you smell jasmine from the gardens instead of the usual New Orleans aroma!

It is encouraging hearing about how friendly the CMs are at POFQ. It makes me look forward even more to our October trip!
It's wild how big of a difference I've noticed, especially compared to Riverside. I'm surprised how much affection I have developed in a short amount of time. Can't wait to get back for Halloween!

Just FYI, I was able to book POFQ on Priceline Express Deals for $102 today! I was looking for early August dates; not sure if that rate is available beyond that. Look for a 3.5 rated hotel in the Disney Springs area, about 52% off, with "jazzy entertainment" in the description. Use the Hotel Canary app on Chrome to be sure before you book. Great deal, I'm so glad it worked out!

Holy smokes!! That’s amazing! I’m a Florida Resident (live 15 miles away from Disney) & have an AP and that’s STILL better than any rate we could get!!

What’s the Hotel Canary app? I have Chrome on my laptop but I have an iPhone. How does that work??

TIA!

Oh, oh, oh!!

P.S. Although CBR will always be one of my first resort loves, the first time we stayed at POFQ (like most, by accident!), my kids & I LOVED IT!! It’s by far our most favorite now.
We go any chance we can get. We even went Halloween night and my kids had the best Halloween ever!! My only gripe is I wish they would put Abita Amber Ale & the Turbodog back on draft inside of Scat Cats. :(
The outside pool bar still has it but that doesn’t help me when that bar closes earlier than the other one. Lol.

If we're talking bourbon street... it's worse. Like... rotten everything and vomit... baked in the heat. :crazy2: with a hint of koolaid. :rotfl:

But, to be honest, I go to New Orleans almost every year and that smell is not every area. :-)

When I first went to NO, the smell in parts of the FQ was one of the things that surprised me. And the fact they do hose the streets down in some areas pretty much every morning.

There were lots of good surprises too...and I do love NO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter