Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just stayed in building 7. When we switched from cbr they said “you’ll be in the furthest building at pofq”.

You've got to laugh at some agents' ideas. Rooms are allocated close to arrival time, there is absolutely no difference in how a booking will be allocated or prioritised if you booked 12 months ago or 12 days ago.

Andre

You've got to laugh at some agents' ideas. Rooms are allocated close to arrival time, there is absolutely no difference in how a booking will be allocated or prioritised if you booked 12 months ago or 12 days ago.

Andre
I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. I checked in around 10:30 and my room wasn't ready. I received another text at 3:30 stating my room still was not ready. At 7:30pm I called and after about 20 minutes they said my room had been reallocated to someone else and they had to get me another room. It was in section 7. It seemed like they weren't ready for this room to be occupied (I checked in after 9:30pm). There was a used water bottle in the room. There was lots of hair on the comforter. The bath room dispensers were broken. Not a good experience hotel-wise.

I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago. I checked in around 10:30 and my room wasn't ready. I received another text at 3:30 stating my room still was not ready. At 7:30pm I called and after about 20 minutes they said my room had been reallocated to someone else and they had to get me another room. It was in section 7. It seemed like they weren't ready for this room to be occupied (I checked in after 9:30pm). There was a used water bottle in the room. There was lots of hair on the comforter. The bath room dispensers were broken. Not a good experience hotel-wise.

Did you go down to the front desk and tell them? If so, what was their reply?

Did you go down to the front desk and tell them? If so, what was their reply?
Yes I did go to the front desk and they thanked me for bringing this to their attention. They said they would fix the room issues. However, the broken dispenser was never fixed and after calling about it again, I just gave up.
On top of this, housekeeping did not show up 2 out of 5 days.
My biggest frustrations were the fact that they would not take accountability for their mistake (just admit you made a mistake, don't blame it on a computer glitch) and they never said they were sorry for my inconvenience.
I have stayed on property many times (mostly Coronado) and never had any problems.

Nothing worse than being the guest that gets all the bad luck on a trip. Why is it that things happen like that? One thing can't go wrong, a whole bunch has to go wrong all at once. Doesn't seem fair does it, for it all to pile on to one person. You'd think, odds-wise, it would spread out and impact a few others. My trip to CBR a couple years ago and my trip to Pop even longer ago than that were like that. You never forget trips like those.

I hope the rest of your trip was uneventful.

That is ridiculous! It may not do anything, but you could email the manager at pofq. They may or may not try to make it right with you. I’ve found Disney has been really willing to make things right with us when things go wrong. If we would’ve had those issues I would’ve definitely emailed to let them know. Checking in at 9:30 pm and still getting a dirty room is terrible!

That is ridiculous! It may not do anything, but you could email the manager at pofq. They may or may not try to make it right with you. I’ve found Disney has been really willing to make things right with us when things go wrong. If we would’ve had those issues I would’ve definitely emailed to let them know. Checking in at 9:30 pm and still getting a dirty room is terrible!

Are they allowed to make someone wait until 9:30pm for a room??

Actually I did send a pretty detailed email and got the following response.
"First, I would like to apologize for the delay in time for you to receive the automated txt and that you were also given incorrect information. We truly appreciate the feedback and if you would like to discuss further we’re available Sun-Sat 10am-7pm. Please provide us with a number and time that would be convenient for you."
I decided to cut my losses and not spend any more time on the issue. I just won't stay at this resort again.

"First, I would like to apologize for the delay in time for you to receive the automated txt and that you were also given incorrect information. We truly appreciate the feedback and if you would like to discuss further we’re available Sun-Sat 10am-7pm. Please provide us with a number and time that would be convenient for you."
I decided to cut my losses and not spend any more time on the issue. I just won't stay at this resort again.
Oh I would definitely give them your number. I guess if you really don't want to spend the time then that's your call, but I bet they would be willing to make things right if you did.

This is definitely worth your time. They will try and do something to make this up to you. Give them a chance, be nice on the phone, explain everything that went wrong. I think you will likely get some type of monetary reimbursement and perhaps some extra fast passes to use on your next trip.

I’ve never heard of that happening before. Sounds like they gave their room away and didn’t assign them a new one

It’s not something they do on purpose, but mistakes happen. It happened to us a few years back at POFQ.

We checked in at 7am. I had requested groundfloor and I was told that yes, they could see our request and they told us our floor and building. We spent the day swimming and checked back periodically throughout the day, still no room ready. We headed out to the parks just before 4pm and returned just before 9pm. Still no room. It turns out the room we were initially assigned had bedbugs, so it was pulled from inventory, but I guess they forgot to assign us a room. After 20 minutes of searching, they found us a room.

When we got to the room, it was clear that this room had also been pulled out of inventory. It had a number of maintenance issues. Both the shower curtains and window curtains were torn and barely hanging on. Most of the lightbulbs were burnt out or missing. It looked like the room had been cleaned weeks before, but it was very dusty. It was clear that nobody had used this room in awhile and the last people in it had some kind of wild party. Lol.

We immediately went back to the front desk to complain. Fortunately, they comped us a night and moved us to a different room the next day. The key, for me at least, is to deal with the problems as soon as they happen, so I can get over it and move on. I know it could have happened at any resort.

I’m thankful it didn’t affect my love for POFQ. :)

Hi everyone. We are staying at French Quarter for the first time in April. We have a standard room booked— can anyone tell me which building you would recommend / prefer most with that room category? It’s me, my husband and our 12 year old daughter. We plan on walking to riverside for dinner one night and to meet our friends another day for a pool day. We don’t mind walking (and we keep reading everything is close). Thanks for your help!

Your choice for sure but, they can only learn about their mistake when you talk in person, with a back and forth, to them about it in great detail, more than just the email gave them. Every time they make an error lessons are learned and things are put in place to hopefully, help to keep it from reoccurring. This is why, in putting thousands of guests in rooms each week only a small handful have issues.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. We are staying at French Quarter for the first time in April. We have a standard room booked— can anyone tell me which building you would recommend / prefer most with that room category? It’s me, my husband and our 12 year old daughter. We plan on walking to riverside for dinner one night and to meet our friends another day for a pool day. We don’t mind walking (and we keep reading everything is close). Thanks for your help!
If you plan on going to riverside a few times I would do building 7. It’s the closest to riverside and no building at pofq is really too far from the lobby.

Standard rooms are in buildings 1,3,4 & 7. Walking to Riverside 7 is the closest follow by building 4. Building 4 is closest to the bus stop & food court. We've had rooms in every building but #4 at FQ and walked up to Riverside several times every trip. Never felt anything at FQ was far away.

I am not being a POFQ apologist, but it can, and does, happen at all hotels. I had almost identical issues at Beach Club a few years ago, late room, room not cleaned, huge black bag of trash in the middle of the room. I have also had excellent stays before and after that one at the same resort. It’s no fun when it happens to you, but I wouldn’t completely write off the resort forever. And I would definitely take that phone call. You have nothing to lose but a little time, and it may be worth your while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter