Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So big surprise here! I just changed from Pop to POFQ for our trip starting this week!
POFQ is the only resort we’ve stayed at more than once. We love it!

Question about getting to the main pool at Riverside. What’s the quickest/easiest way to get there to check out their pool? I’ll be with my 7&8 year olds if that makes a difference.
If you don’t mind the walk, we usually walk along the river until you get to the main riverside building and take the bridge over. It’s a pretty easy walk and super nice along the river.

If you don’t mind the walk, we usually walk along the river until you get to the main riverside building and take the bridge over. It’s a pretty easy walk and super nice along the river.
Yep, I'd walk too. The bus just doesn't seem quick to me and the bus stop isn't really all that close to the pool so it doesn't gain you anything over the walk

Yep, I'd walk too. The bus just doesn't seem quick to me and the bus stop isn't really all that close to the pool so it doesn't gain you anything over the walk

I feel like it would take longer to wait for a bus, load everyone, drive to riverside, and get off
Thanks! Any idea how long of a walk?

Google maps says a 12 minute walk from the French quarter lobby to the riverside lobby.

Here's a screen image of one of the ways to walk there: Just over 1/2 mile or 900 meters.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.25.17 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.25.17 pm.png
    710.9 KB · Views: 32
So big surprise here! I just changed from Pop to POFQ for our trip starting this week!
POFQ is the only resort we’ve stayed at more than once. We love it!

Question about getting to the main pool at Riverside. What’s the quickest/easiest way to get there to check out their pool? I’ll be with my 7&8 year olds if that makes a difference.

Take the boat! On the river side of the POFQ pool there is a boat dock and just get on there and ride it to POR. Otherwise it is a walk along the river to the POR pool

Take the boat! On the river side of the POFQ pool there is a boat dock and just get on there and ride it to POR. Otherwise it is a walk along the river to the POR pool
I was going to say the same thing. I stayed at riverside in October doing FQ in May. It seems like it would be a nice quick boat ride over

It's been a few trips since we've stayed at FQ. I've forgotten how much I love it here. Like really love it. The trip to DS aside the bus service is spectacular. It always has been. I know it's luck of the draw but we've always gotten lucky. Darn good stop locations too. I requested and got building 4. It's my favorite and what I always ask for. I am seriously thinking of moving over here in June over a stay at YC. I know I like the resort better. Need to talk to the others. The location is so Central to everything too

I know what you mean. After a couple years exclusively at Pop to fluff up my savings account, I finally have a POFQ trip booked for September. I have grown to like Pop a lot, and think the new rooms are great for my solo trips, but there's just something about POFQ that is so special. I can't wait!

Does anyone know yet about the theme of the Mari Gras parade this year? We are going in two weeks with our dogs (staying at Riverside) and are really looking forward to the parade and Mardi Gras activities.

I personally wouldn’t want to sit and wait for a boat, wait for it to unload, and then get on just to go half a mile.

:faint: Oh my, you.must.do.this! He is the best! DGD loves him so much she will choose to stay and see Bob over going to the park. She even plays his CDs at home!
Haha we’ll have to make sure we see him. I’ve heard good things about him. We’ve gotten to the point in our trips where we like finding more resort things to do

That was something I liked about the stay where I ended up in building 7. It made the walk to Riverside very easy, and it really wasn't all that far from the amenities at FQ either.
We just stayed in building 7. When we switched from cbr they said “you’ll be in the furthest building at pofq”. We were like switch us! Nothing at pofq is too far away.

So excited, we arrive tomorrow!! My second stay and DH’s first. I stayed here when I brought his mum 2 years ago and loved it. This will be our first on-site stay together and he heard us rave about it so much he insisted we stay here so he could experience it. Soooo looking forward to it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter