Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

As far as room requests go...something I can Fax on a weekend? Or should I just set it to send at 0900 Monday morning?

We are 8 days out from our first FQ stay! :banana: We have have stayed at POR in the past but never at FQ. We are getting ready to make our room request and need some advice. It's just myself and my adult daughter. We have booked a river view room and prefer the top floor. We would like to like to be in quieter building and don't mind the walk to the food court, bus or pool. Which buildings would be the best? We also need to be away from the smoking areas as my daughter has asthma. Thanks!!

We are 8 days out from our first FQ stay! :banana: We have have stayed at POR in the past but never at FQ. We are getting ready to make our room request and need some advice. It's just myself and my adult daughter. We have booked a river view room and prefer the top floor. We would like to like to be in quieter building and don't mind the walk to the food court, bus or pool. Which buildings would be the best? We also need to be away from the smoking areas as my daughter has asthma. Thanks!!

I suspect to avoid smoking areas, your best request is building 1 or 2.

Hi Everyone! So I apologize if this is dumb...

Going in November for our honeymoon. First time at any resort, let alone FQ (his first time at Disney in general!). We have booked a king bed room and asked our travel agent if we could request building 5 / river view. We like the idea of seeing the water while still being in the heart of everything the resort has to offer. So now for my question - Is there a form I need to fax personally or does my travel agent handle that? I've seen a few posts about faxing something, so I don't want to drop the ball if I'm supposed to handle something.

Thanks!!

Hi Everyone! So I apologize if this is dumb...

Going in November for our honeymoon. First time at any resort, let alone FQ (his first time at Disney in general!). We have booked a king bed room and asked our travel agent if we could request building 5 / river view. We like the idea of seeing the water while still being in the heart of everything the resort has to offer. So now for my question - Is there a form I need to fax personally or does my travel agent handle that? I've seen a few posts about faxing something, so I don't want to drop the ball if I'm supposed to handle something.

Thanks!!

I would suggest doing both, depends on how much trust and confidence you have in your travel agent.

Personally, I'd pretty up the fax (appeal to the cast member reading it, as they probably receive a lot of correspondence, so make yours stand out, but remember they receive it in fuzzy greyscale) and make specific mention of Celebrating Honeymoon (congrats), and more importantly First Visit (lol).

I would suggest doing both, depends on how much trust and confidence you have in your travel agent.

Personally, I'd pretty up the fax (appeal to the cast member reading it, as they probably receive a lot of correspondence, so make yours stand out, but remember they receive it in fuzzy greyscale) and make specific mention of Celebrating Honeymoon (congrats), and more importantly First Visit (lol).

Thank you for your response!! I'd be happy to send a fax as well. Since this is a first for me... Where would I find the details on how/what to fax? I appreciate your help!

Just stopping in to say we loved our single night at POFQ last week. The CMs there were second to none and the grounds are so charming. Our room location was great, first floor facing the pool, and the updated rooms (while a touch bland) are clean and efficient. Scat Cat’s was the surprise of the night with their excellent service and delicious food. The crawfish etoufee was so good as was the Mac & cheese. The cocktails weren’t great but the beer was! :) We had the beignets as a late night snack and the next morning for breakfast. Will for sure stay here again in the future :)

Hello!
We booked a stay for the week after Thanksgiving. We have stayed at POFQ in 2016 and loved it. I’m just curious if there is anything going on there that week (groups, special conventions, etc).
It seems that all of the rooms (even at room only rack date) are all sold out. I know POFQ is usually excluded from free dining, so I was just wondering why it would be completely sold out at this point.
Thanks in advance!

Hello!
We booked a stay for the week after Thanksgiving. We have stayed at POFQ in 2016 and loved it. I’m just curious if there is anything going on there that week (groups, special conventions, etc).
It seems that all of the rooms (even at room only rack date) are all sold out. I know POFQ is usually excluded from free dining, so I was just wondering why it would be completely sold out at this point.
Thanks in advance!

Because it's so small. It happens a lot more here than elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter