Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

On the nights Billy and Jason are playing, around 11:30pm.

Andre

Perfect! My arrival night I plan to watch Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! which so far looks to be at 8:00 pm. That should give me time to get back to the resort and still enjoy some music, and a drink.

One of the things I remember about our 1 holiday visit to WDW was that the music I loved at WL was changed to Christmas music. At first I was all happy, but then I really missed the familiar WL music. I assume this also happens at FQ? Is it at least jazzy Christmas music?

Well....

I did it. I booked AoA for the Jan trip. I was a bit painful. I'm going to miss FQ in January. I'll soak it all in this September!

Hi POFQ friends, good news...I switched to POFQ from Pop for my Halloween trip! It's more expensive, no luck on the discount, but...I feel a lot happier about my trip now.

My mom made the final decision when I told her that since POFQ is smaller and not a Value, there should be fewer rambunctious little ones. She immediately said: "well make the switch then!" She's truly my mother.

Anyway, glad to be back on here with you!

One of the things I remember about our 1 holiday visit to WDW was that the music I loved at WL was changed to Christmas music. At first I was all happy, but then I really missed the familiar WL music. I assume this also happens at FQ? Is it at least jazzy Christmas music?

Now you have me wishing for jazzy Christmas music for my December trip!

Hi POFQ friends, good news...I switched to POFQ from Pop for my Halloween trip! It's more expensive, no luck on the discount, but...I feel a lot happier about my trip now.

My mom made the final decision when I told her that since POFQ is smaller and not a Value, there should be fewer rambunctious little ones. She immediately said: "well make the switch then!" She's truly my mother.

Anyway, glad to be back on here with you!
Never again will I go to Pop! We went mid December and the buses were so crowded we had to stand almost every time, it seemed to take forever getting any where. The food court and stores were full with people, food tables were dirty etc...Anyway you made the right decision!

Just switched my December Vacation from CBR to POFQ and saved $400 :D super excited because I've been wanting to stay here. I'll save CBR for when the gondola is up and running.

Lucky you. I changed my reservation from CBR to POFQ for our September trip and I had to pay a lot more. We're staying for 3 weeks though.

I loved the music at POFQ but am actually hoping for Christmas music during our stay. :)
Does anyone know if it changes?

Let me ask again, in case someone knows-lobby smell? I want my house to smell like the lobby!! I have googled with little luck.

Saw on Disney Food Blog today that they switched the beignets to Mickey shaped ones like they have in DL. They are apparently more cake doughnut like and not hollow anymore. I wasn't the biggest fan of them in the first place (gasp...I know) so I'm hoping these are an improvement. The prices also went up and you can only get 3 with a snack credit now instead of 6. If anyone goes and gets them soon, you should let us know how they are. Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Saw on Disney Food Blog today that they switched the beignets to Mickey shaped ones like they have in DL. They are apparently more cake doughnut like and not hollow anymore. I wasn't the biggest fan of them in the first place (gasp...I know) so I'm hoping these are an improvement. The prices also went up and you can only get 3 with a snack credit now instead of 6. If anyone goes and gets them soon, you should let us know how they are. Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

I’ll have to look it up. It would have had to have just changed, because we came home on the 23rd and they were not mickey shaped.

I’ll have to look it up. It would have had to have just changed, because we came home on the 23rd and they were not mickey shaped.
According to DFB it changed yesterday. She showed a picture of them and a picture of the menu with the updated prices. The online menu doesn't reflect it yet though.

I hope they are experimenting and in the future they’re not so doughnut-like. I love the beignets and would love to have some Mickey shaped ones but I couldn’t have them if they’re more like doughnuts.

Looks more like a cake than a beignet. I don't think I will even bother to try them, cuz I really love the old beignets. Hope anybody that has a trip coming up can report back to us soon as to how they compare.
That's what I thought too. I'm still going to try them though. My boys have never had them and it'll be fun just to watch them eat them. I wasn't really a big fan of the previous ones. I don't know if I'm just spoiled from having the real thing in New Orleans. I found the previous ones to be too chewy, but maybe I got a bad batch because I only had them the once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter