Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at POFQ last week (6/16-6/23). We had only stayed there once before 3 years ago (also in June).

Castmembers: Every CM was wonderful and eager to help us with any questions. The CM's in the shop seemed to be having the most fun.

Mousekeeping: We opted for no mousekeeping. We only saw them twice: 4th or 5th day to bring new towels and last day at 8:30am to ask when we are leaving. If they came into our room each day we never saw them. I was under the impression they would take trash everyday but never did. Not a big deal to us as there was a trash can by the elevator we could use.

Sassagoula Dining: Our trip 3 years ago we barely stopped by Sassagoula to eat. This time we did to use our Quick Service plan for breakfast and midday breaks for lunch. My favorite was the shrimp and grits (no vegetables) for breakfast. We also enjoyed the beignets and pralines.

Buses: Overall buses were great. I think I had a seat everytime. Really helped after a viking in Norway scared me and my knee gave out. lol. Only bad experience we had was more of an Epcot issue but we ran into where our bus stop was turned into CBR's bus stop one night. There were two CM's in front of the bus list as you walk out talking to folks. They never said the bus list is not correct and ask them where we should go. We ended up getting a cab as some folks for AofA started adding to our line. From now on I will double check when someone is helping direct us to the buses.

We love POFQ! Doesn't matter how crowded the parks are the resort never is. Quiet and relaxing.

That's odd, when I clicked directly on that link on the DIS page it took me to a spammy looking shopping website (viglink.com). However by cut'n'pasting the link into a browser it works fine. Also forcing it to open in a new tab worked correctly. Does anyone else see this issue? (I'm using Chrome in Windows 10, and no malware on my machine as far as I know)

Andre
Mine started doing that recently too.

We stayed at POFQ last week (6/16-6/23). We had only stayed there once before 3 years ago (also in June).

Castmembers: Every CM was wonderful and eager to help us with any questions. The CM's in the shop seemed to be having the most fun.

Mousekeeping: We opted for no mousekeeping. We only saw them twice: 4th or 5th day to bring new towels and last day at 8:30am to ask when we are leaving. If they came into our room each day we never saw them. I was under the impression they would take trash everyday but never did. Not a big deal to us as there was a trash can by the elevator we could use.

Sassagoula Dining: Our trip 3 years ago we barely stopped by Sassagoula to eat. This time we did to use our Quick Service plan for breakfast and midday breaks for lunch. My favorite was the shrimp and grits (no vegetables) for breakfast. We also enjoyed the beignets and pralines.

Buses: Overall buses were great. I think I had a seat everytime. Really helped after a viking in Norway scared me and my knee gave out. lol. Only bad experience we had was more of an Epcot issue but we ran into where our bus stop was turned into CBR's bus stop one night. There were two CM's in front of the bus list as you walk out talking to folks. They never said the bus list is not correct and ask them where we should go. We ended up getting a cab as some folks for AofA started adding to our line. From now on I will double check when someone is helping direct us to the buses.

We love POFQ! Doesn't matter how crowded the parks are the resort never is. Quiet and relaxing.

We were there almost the exact same dates! 6/15-6/23! Wonder if we saw you around? Fun!

Awesome! What dates? I can't find ANYTHING for mine under $700. :(
I booked November 27th - December 6th. I had to do a split between a standard and a garden view room (5 days in one and 4 in another) but that doesn't bother me :D I was actually quite pleased because I was able to request a room near the main building for one half and one near the pool/ DS boat for the other half

Whenever we have this situation we bring our luggage down to luggage services and ask them to deliver them to resort #2. Then we take a bus to parks for the day. Late afternoon we take the bus to resort #2 and check in. Once in our room we have luggage services bring us our luggage.

Definitely.

Definitely.

Yup.

Either way will work. Google magical express reservation and the first link will work.

Or call (407) 939-1936
Thank you so much!! Very helpful!

Hmmm....it does the same thing for me. I can copy and paste the link from a google search into any browser and no issues. When I click on it here, copy and paste it from here or open a new tab from here it goes to the shopping website. I removed the link from my original reply.
That happened to me last night with a link on another thread here on the DIS. I wonder if it's a DIS problem.

That happened to me last night with a link on another thread here on the DIS. I wonder if it's a DIS problem.

I'm pretty sure it is, Viglink appears to be a tool that the DIS owners are using to monetise our clicks on links within posts, but click-throughs are meant to be transparent to users. It has been reported a couple of weeks ago anyway (https://www.disboards.com/threads/links-going-to-viglink-shopping-website.3687452/) but not really acknowledged as a problem as yet.

Andre

I booked November 27th - December 6th. I had to do a split between a standard and a garden view room (5 days in one and 4 in another) but that doesn't bother me :D I was actually quite pleased because I was able to request a room near the main building for one half and one near the pool/ DS boat for the other half
Ugh why can't I find anything? I was on hold forever to check over the phone too, and I'm also looking for checking in on Nov 27th. Maybe I'm not staying long enough? I want to check in the 27th and out the 2nd. :(((

Ugh why can't I find anything? I was on hold forever to check over the phone too, and I'm also looking for checking in on Nov 27th. Maybe I'm not staying long enough? I want to check in the 27th and out the 2nd. :(((
I think I've heard of people searching for longer stays then modifiying down to the dates they actually want. I've never done this but I once had a TA recommend that to me. Can you try that?

We are book Nov 28 to Dec 9th but may switch to OKW. Keep searching, things open up!

I think I've heard of people searching for longer stays then modifiying down to the dates they actually want. I've never done this but I once had a TA recommend that to me. Can you try that?

We are book Nov 28 to Dec 9th but may switch to OKW. Keep searching, things open up!
I've been trying different dates but haven't seen anything so far. I'll keep looking. :(

I see a garden view and river view available for 11/27 - dec 2 (just searched for 2 adults)upload_2018-6-28_10-44-24.png

Oooooh, I thought you meant with the holiday discount. Yeah, I saw those too. I know some people have managed to book it with the holiday offer though and that's what I've been looking for.
ah, I misunderstood. If you are looking for Special Offers, good luck. Not being mean, or anything, but the last few years, the Special Offers have been great on paper, but very little in the way of availability. I guess it makes for good advertising, cause people get all excited, and when they cant find anything, they end up going full rack rate.

I've been waiting for the Annual Pass discount, and while the offer looks pretty terrific, when I look for my dates, the only two resorts are Coronado Springs or a Garden Suite at Boardwalk.

ah, I misunderstood. If you are looking for Special Offers, good luck. Not being mean, or anything, but the last few years, the Special Offers have been great on paper, but very little in the way of availability. I guess it makes for good advertising, cause people get all excited, and when they cant find anything, they end up going full rack rate.

I've been waiting for the Annual Pass discount, and while the offer looks pretty terrific, when I look for my dates, the only two resorts are Coronado Springs or a Garden Suite at Boardwalk.
I know what you mean. I couldn't even get an AP discount for my September dates, I had to use the general one. They've gotten so terrible over the past 5 years. Whenever people ask "Should I get an AP? I want hotel discounts!" I caution them that they're stupid hard to get. The best deals I've gotten have been very last minute. Refresh, refresh, refresh! :P

Yeah, I booked a (very tentative) trip in October and chose Pop Century to save some money...it's almost painful that I won't be at FQ!
Well....

I did it. I booked AoA for the Jan trip. I was a bit painful. I'm going to miss FQ in January. I'll soak it all in this September!

Well....

I did it. I booked AoA for the Jan trip. I was a bit painful. I'm going to miss FQ in January. I'll soak it all in this September!

I'm still attempting to get POFQ for October, but I just don't think the pricing's going to work out...plus I was able to get that fall deal for POP which makes it really affordable. Please enjoy it in September for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter