Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I hope they don't change carpet to "wood" flooring. I feel like I'm going to slip on that stuff!
Probably because I always wear fluffy socks indoors, don't go barefoot.
I do hope they change the carpet though, to something that they can easily clean often.
I like hotels that use carpet square that have no seeable lines and change out the squares
as needed. We.ve stayed at a few of these and the carpet stays feeling like new.

Get fuzzy socks with grips on them.

We recently stayed at Pop in one of the refurbed rooms with ‘wood’ floors. I have to say I really liked them. They were clean and not loud at all. And they must be a lot easier to keep clean. We stayed in Riverside last year and unfortunately our son got the stomach bug. Let’s just say we had to call for a thorough carpet cleaning of our room. I cannot imagine that we were the first family to have an accident on the carpet. Those carpets must be gross. . I cannot wait to see pictures of the refurbished rooms at FQ!

We left POFQ yesterday. We observed lots of activity surrounding building 2. The plastic coverings were off the windows on the third floor. Many doors were open on the first floor and workers were busy on all three floors. We did our best to peak in from the sidewalk (it’s a restricted construction area close to the building). Some of the first floor rooms had laminate flooring tiles piled outside the door. We also saw a few toilets in the middle of the rooms - suggesting there is still quite a bit of work needed to be done with those. We’re looking forward to seeing pictures of the rooms once completed.

My husband and I just got back from a four night stay at POFQ. Honestly when we booked I was really nervous, we'd had a terrible experience at Riverside last year (dead bugs on bathroom ceiling, furniture falling apart, ac broken, light bulbs out, thick layer of dust on various things) but we had an incredible stay. We were in building 3 on the second floor, room was very clean, everything worked and the furniture was in good shape. The beds were incredibly comfortable (firm but not rock hard). We were across from the construction happening to building 2 but it never bothered us (sorry, didn't get a clear view into a room but the work seems very extensive). The grounds were gorgeous (I LOVE camellias), the boat ride to Disney Springs was delightful. Normally we like to stay at the Polynesian but I think we'll be making many more trips to POFQ. With the money we saved we used Uber instead of the buses, not that the buses were bad... we just like being able to leave on our own schedule.

I hope they don't change carpet to "wood" flooring. I feel like I'm going to slip on that stuff!
Probably because I always wear fluffy socks indoors, don't go barefoot.
I do hope they change the carpet though, to something that they can easily clean often.
I like hotels that use carpet square that have no seeable lines and change out the squares
as needed. We.ve stayed at a few of these and the carpet stays feeling like new.
I'm the opposite, we have no rugs or carpet at home and I really dislike it anywhere now. I'm so glad they are getting rid of it at Disney.
We wear Disney Crocs in the room, though last year I found the Oofos flip flops (made for runner recovery) and they are even better. Talk about relief to your feet/legs after a day in the parks. I know why runners love them so much.

Are there any reports about the room refurbishments? I thought it was rumoured the first building might open up today?

100 Days until our stay! We were supposed to be at AKL but they sold out before we could book so we opted for FQ and are equally excited!

I am on the way home from a week at POFQ. We decided to decline mousekeeping, and it worked out great. Halfway through the trip I ask for new towels and trash removal and a person from mousekeeping was there within 10 mins along with new tolit paper, new soaps, shampoos and conditioner. Plus a smile and an assurance if I needed anything else all I needed to do was call.
We were in room 4343 which was a corner room that was in good shape and close to the elevator, transportation, and the food court. It did not have a connecting door and was in a quiet area. I would gladly take this room again.

I had to go back through pictures. I did have prime rib at Sassagoula. On our Animal Kingdom day, I got sick so we ate back at the resort. They call it a meat and three. I don't recall it being available at lunch.
anyone have a picture of the prime rib at french quarter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter