Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We are returning to the FQ in March. I desperately want a refurbished room. Should I request that on our reservation, or should I request a certain building?

We are booked for 7 nights at POFQ with my mom and two kids (6 and 3). I will be 21 weeks pregnant as well. What is the best bldg to request for bus access? We were there week of Thanksgiving and stayed in bldg 3, top floor and that wasn’t bad since we had our car with us. We are not renting a car this time since DH isn’t coming on this trip and neither my mom or I feel like driving. Also, how packed do buses get if we want to join the rope drop crowd? Should we show up around 6:45am? Or earlier? The plan is to hit the parks first thing in the morning and go back to POFQ right after lunch. I figured the kids can enjoy the pool/splash area in the afternoons and I can figure out if we can handle dinner at a park. I’m nervous since I don’t know how exhausted I will be this time around. Eek!

We are booked for 7 nights at POFQ with my mom and two kids (6 and 3). I will be 21 weeks pregnant as well. What is the best bldg to request for bus access? We were there week of Thanksgiving and stayed in bldg 3, top floor and that wasn’t bad since we had our car with us. We are not renting a car this time since DH isn’t coming on this trip and neither my mom or I feel like driving. Also, how packed do buses get if we want to join the rope drop crowd? Should we show up around 6:45am? Or earlier? The plan is to hit the parks first thing in the morning and go back to POFQ right after lunch. I figured the kids can enjoy the pool/splash area in the afternoons and I can figure out if we can handle dinner at a park. I’m nervous since I don’t know how exhausted I will be this time around. Eek!
Building 4

Definitely building 4. The bus stop is right across the parking lot. Plus it’s pretty much the closest to the food court :)

I think we will request Bldg 4 for our first POFQ stay in October.
Just curious...where is the elevator in this building? Is there only one? Is it on the parking lot side?

I think we will request Bldg 4 for our first POFQ stay in October.
Just curious...where is the elevator in this building? Is there only one? Is it on the parking lot side?
It is in the middle of the building. Yes, only one.

It is in the middle of the building. Yes, only one.

Two per building actually, located next to each other:

POFQ-Grounds-2013-0552_forum.jpg

Andre

An additional datapoint...On our New Year's trip, the "right" elevator in building 7 never opened on our 7 night stay. I figured it was analogous to running attractions at "half capacity" in the low season.

An additional datapoint...On our New Year's trip, the "right" elevator in building 7 never opened on our 7 night stay. I figured it was analogous to running attractions at "half capacity" in the low season.

Needless to say the same for us when we were there over New Year: we were on the top floor of Building 7 and the right hand lift didn't ever open!

Mrs TT

Thanks Sue M and Andre, from what I can see, the elevators are on the courtyard (back of the building opposite parking lot).
We will request top floor bldg 4 and hope for the best :)

I hope they don't change carpet to "wood" flooring. I feel like I'm going to slip on that stuff!
Probably because I always wear fluffy socks indoors, don't go barefoot.
I do hope they change the carpet though, to something that they can easily clean often.
I like hotels that use carpet square that have no seeable lines and change out the squares
as needed. We.ve stayed at a few of these and the carpet stays feeling like new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter