Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

The trip from POP to Caribbean Beach is about 5 minutes.
Then to EPCOT is 12 minutes.
To HS is 5 minutes.

The typical duration to get to EP or HS via the Skyliner depends on the line. And there is can be a line for the EP Skyliner at the change-over point. Typically at the early morning rush the line at Hourglass Lake is between 40 and 90 minutes. Once the Skyliner opens the line moves quickly.

During a busy time like the early morning rush you should plan on 40 to 90 minutes.
Just be prepared to wait at the CBR station as well to transfer. During a busy morning, we have waited 30 minutes at Pop (Hourglass Lake) and another 30 at CBR.

Okay, from the responses that have been presented here, I guess this was a one off with the pull down bed in the down position. My guess is the folks who were using the room before us had the pull down bed down, and housekeeping left it that way when we checked in, since I remember walking right into the room with my blue/black duffel bag and placing the duffel bag right next to the pull down bed and resting there with two pillows already placed there as well. I did not request for housekeeping to leave the pull down bed down before that question gets asked, so I am guessing it was either 1. Pulled down by previous guests and not pulled back up, or 2. Housekeeping knew there would be 3 guests staying in that room and assumed that we would want the pull down bed pulled down. And every day/night during our stay, I left that blue/black duffel bag right immediately next to the bed, next to the nightstand closest to the door that enters the room. I found it VERY convenient to leave that duffel bag there, and it was never touched by housekeeping at all during my trip.
Another thing I have seen from some folks here, when you check in, is the TV automatically turned on with a "Welcome Screen" that states the last name of the family? Or is the TV off when you check into the room, and the "Welcome Screen" comes on when you turn on the TV? When I checked in, the TV was off, which I would expect to conserve energy. Also of note when I checked in, curtains were open (I closed them most of the way), lights were off and I turned 2 on, but only left light near bathroom on for the most part so the room wasn't completely dark.
Now, to answer a few other recently posted things that I can answer correctly from my experience.
Bldg 3 in the 50s was rather quiet, especially the second floor, and I would also assume the third and fourth floors would be quiet as well. Now I know Standard Pool View is the front of Bldg 3, and it wouldn't be as quiet there, but I didn't find there that much noise around Bldg 3 at all, and I am one that would somewhat complain if there was excessive rowdy people at all hours of the night. I had a adjoining room (did not use adjoining room, since the two chairs that would be extra with the pull down bed pulled down was placed nearby the adjoining room door. I never heard the people in that "adjoining room" next to us the entire stay, which was 6 nights. In fact, only noise I heard was water running in at least one nearby room, couldn't tell what room it was though, and I only heard that noise when I was in bathroom getting dressed for the morning and it was quiet in my room, so noise was not a problem at all. The only other thing I noticed on numerous nights, in the room next to mine that was not the "adjoining room", there was a ECV parked outside of the doorway to enter the room, however I never once saw the person using it, only saw the ECV right outside the doorway, which I just ignored since it wasn't mine.
Bldg 3 walk to hourglass lake (Skyliner/Art of Animation) was about 2-3 minutes from my room, and walk to lobby/food court was about 5 minutes from my room, not too bad.
If you spend the majority of the day at the parks and not the resort, I wouldn't go too far out of my way to request high floor/non-adjoining. I would only request that if you plan on spending the majority of your time in the resort and not the parks.

The trip from POP to Caribbean Beach is about 5 minutes.
Then to EPCOT is 12 minutes.
To HS is 5 minutes.

The typical duration to get to EP or HS via the Skyliner depends on the line. And there is can be a line for the EP Skyliner at the change-over point. Typically at the early morning rush the line at Hourglass Lake is between 40 and 90 minutes. Once the Skyliner opens the line moves quickly.

During a busy time like the early morning rush you should plan on 40 to 90 minutes.
Ok thank you.

Bummer. That’s certainly longer than it used to be with the buses. That’s a pretty big range as well, 40-90 minutes. Which is more typical? 40 minutes or 90 minutes?

I can’t remember it ever taking more than 50 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios, or Epcot with the old bus system, even during the morning rush. It is what it is, I guess. During the slow periods of the day it is faster than it used to be but the busy times are longer it seems.

Roughly what time of the morning does that line start to diminish?

Ok thank you.

Bummer. That’s certainly longer than it used to be with the buses. That’s a pretty big range as well, 40-90 minutes. Which is more typical? 40 minutes or 90 minutes?

I can’t remember it ever taking more than 50 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios, or Epcot with the old bus system, even during the morning rush. It is what it is, I guess. During the slow periods of the day it is faster than it used to be but the busy times are longer it seems.

I don't know when the lines diminish but we never waited long at all to hop on from POP because we were there a bit before it started running to get to rope drop. By the time we got to the transfer, the line at CBR was looooooong but it only took 10 minutes max to get on...and that was when they were still only putting 1 family in each, so it wouldn't take as long with more fit in there. If you are a rope dropper you'll be fine. We always got to the line to tap in with plenty of time to spare.

Ok thank you.

It depends on the time of year you go also. A busy morning in June will be different than September for example. We go every September, last year stayed at Pop. We would get to the Skyliner 30 min before it started, never had a wait at the transfer point more than 2-3 families long.

Fully Handicap Accessible Rooms are located in which buildings at POP and are they all on the 1st floor ?
Can a wheel chair be accommodated on the buses ? Sky-liner ? Minnie Mouse private cars run by WDW ?
Thank you for any help - new to my leg limitations

Fully Handicap Accessible Rooms are located in which buildings at POP and are they all on the 1st floor ?
Can a wheel chair be accommodated on the buses ? Sky-liner ? Minnie Mouse private cars run by WDW ?
Thank you for any help - new to my leg limitations
Accessible rooms are available in all buildings and on all floors. There are elevators in each building should you be placed in a room not on the ground floor.

Skyliner and buses can accommodate wheelchairs. Skyliner has a separate entrance at Pop and it is clearly marked. All Disney buses can accommodate up to 2 wheelchairs or ECVs.

Some Minnie Vans are also accessible. You would note you needed this when booking. (Not exactly sure how to do this as I have not used a Minnie Van nor the Lyft app)

Hope you have a great stay!

It depends on the time of year you go also. A busy morning in June will be different than September for example. We go every September, last year stayed at Pop. We would get to the Skyliner 30 min before it started, never had a wait at the transfer point more than 2-3 families long.
What time does the skyliner start running in the morning?

Ok thank you.

The range is pretty big because there are many factors. You asked about the busy time. First thing in the morning 90 is more typical - the line at Caribbean Beach alone can be 30 minutes. And time of year also makes a difference. You didn't mention if you are going during a peak period or a slower period so I offered a broader range.
The Skyliner can take less than 50 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios during the morning rush. With minimal line at Caribbean Beach the entire trip and be 20/30 minutes in the morning.
Most people line up to make rope drop because the ropedroppers want to be on the Skyliner the moment it starts running. So if the park opens at, say, 9AM the line at POP should be shorter by 8:30/8:45. You could be in the park by 9:15/9:30.

The range is pretty big because there are many factors. You asked about the busy time. First thing in the morning 90 is more typical - the line at Caribbean Beach alone can be 30 minutes. And time of year also makes a difference. You didn't mention if you are going during a peak period or a slower period so I offered a broader range.

The Skyliner can take less than 50 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios during the morning rush. With minimal line at Caribbean Beach the entire trip and be 20/30 minutes in the morning.

Most people line up to make rope drop because the ropedroppers want to be on the Skyliner the moment it starts running. So if the park opens at, say, 9AM the line at POP should be shorter by 8:30/8:45. You could be in the park by 9:15/9:30.
Thank you, this is all great information. We have traveled in late July the last few trips because of school schedules. However, late July has now become 6-7’s out of 10 on average for crowds so it’s not really a crazy busy time of year anymore more moderate.

When you say that lines should be shorter at 8:30 or 8:45 in the morning for a 9 o’clock Park opening, is that because the line has cleared out from the people that were there very early for Park open?

Again, thank you (and others) for your replies. Realistically, we did not Park open once on our last 8 night trip due to G+. We tend to book our first ride for 9:30 (9am park open) and get there between 9:30 and 10:30 and then start booking our next G+ as soon as we have tapped in and so on and so on.

When you say that lines should be shorter at 8:30 or 8:45 in the morning for a 9 o’clock Park opening, is that because the line has cleared out from the people that were there very early for Park open?
Yes. More people line up to make rope drop because the ropedroppers want to be on the Skyliner the moment it starts running. No one getting in the Skyliner line 15 minutes before park open will make rope drop.
Again, thank you (and others) for your replies. Realistically, we did not Park open once on our last 8 night trip due to G+. We tend to book our first ride for 9:30 (9am park open) and get there between 9:30 and 10:30 and then start booking our next G+ as soon as we have tapped in and so on and so on.
With this additional information a trip on the Skyliner to arrive at your first ride at around 10 should be closer to 40 minutes. Quite possibly closer to 30.

Another reason I over-estimated the trip times is because of my personality - I prefer to plan on a longer time and get places early than plan on a shorter time and run into issues making me late or causing anxiety. What I don't want on my vacation is to get off the Skyliner at Caribbean Beach and see a long, unexpected line and worry that I won't make that G+ booking time.

Okay, from the responses that have been presented here, I guess this was a one off with the pull down bed in the down position. My guess is the folks who were using the room before us had the pull down bed down, and housekeeping left it that way when we checked in, since I remember walking right into the room with my blue/black duffel bag and placing the duffel bag right next to the pull down bed and resting there with two pillows already placed there as well. I did not request for housekeeping to leave the pull down bed down before that question gets asked, so I am guessing it was either 1. Pulled down by previous guests and not pulled back up, or 2. Housekeeping knew there would be 3 guests staying in that room and assumed that we would want the pull down bed pulled down. And every day/night during our stay, I left that blue/black duffel bag right immediately next to the bed, next to the nightstand closest to the door that enters the room. I found it VERY convenient to leave that duffel bag there, and it was never touched by housekeeping at all during my trip.
Another thing I have seen from some folks here, when you check in, is the TV automatically turned on with a "Welcome Screen" that states the last name of the family? Or is the TV off when you check into the room, and the "Welcome Screen" comes on when you turn on the TV? When I checked in, the TV was off, which I would expect to conserve energy. Also of note when I checked in, curtains were open (I closed them most of the way), lights were off and I turned 2 on, but only left light near bathroom on for the most part so the room wasn't completely dark.
Now, to answer a few other recently posted things that I can answer correctly from my experience.
Bldg 3 in the 50s was rather quiet, especially the second floor, and I would also assume the third and fourth floors would be quiet as well. Now I know Standard Pool View is the front of Bldg 3, and it wouldn't be as quiet there, but I didn't find there that much noise around Bldg 3 at all, and I am one that would somewhat complain if there was excessive rowdy people at all hours of the night. I had a adjoining room (did not use adjoining room, since the two chairs that would be extra with the pull down bed pulled down was placed nearby the adjoining room door. I never heard the people in that "adjoining room" next to us the entire stay, which was 6 nights. In fact, only noise I heard was water running in at least one nearby room, couldn't tell what room it was though, and I only heard that noise when I was in bathroom getting dressed for the morning and it was quiet in my room, so noise was not a problem at all. The only other thing I noticed on numerous nights, in the room next to mine that was not the "adjoining room", there was a ECV parked outside of the doorway to enter the room, however I never once saw the person using it, only saw the ECV right outside the doorway, which I just ignored since it wasn't mine.
Bldg 3 walk to hourglass lake (Skyliner/Art of Animation) was about 2-3 minutes from my room, and walk to lobby/food court was about 5 minutes from my room, not too bad.
If you spend the majority of the day at the parks and not the resort, I wouldn't go too far out of my way to request high floor/non-adjoining. I would only request that if you plan on spending the majority of your time in the resort and not the parks.

The Murphy bed is always up when we check in. My daughter puts her bag beside the door/Murphy bed which we open as soon as we check in. It stays open the whole time. She keeps her stuff she uses at night on the bag or chair the whole stay (cell charger, headphones, pajamas etc. ). The tv is always on with the welcome message when we check in. We stack the chairs beside the window most of the time and never touch them. If we eat in the room we just sit on the beds. We don’t use the table.

For those who wonder if room requests work...submitted room request via that other website... request was connecting rooms ground floor…preferred category booked. On arrival was informed not only did we not get ground-floor or connecting rooms… We weren’t even in the same building… So that was definitely a miss!

also for those wondering about lining up for skyliner after it starts running...we got in line at 7:47...it was way back past the 50s...worked our way forward and got on first skyliner at 8:13. 5 min ride to carribean. Off and right back on...minimal line...on next skyliner by 8:25ish. Off at Epcot at 8:35ish...so if you don’t want to line up before it starts running...budget 45-50 minutes to get to your destination

For those who wonder if room requests work...submitted room request via that other website... request was connecting rooms ground floor…preferred category booked. On arrival was informed not only did we not get ground-floor or connecting rooms… We weren’t even in the same building… So that was definitely a miss!
Thanks for reporting back...hopefully you were able to get it worked out at checkin.

We had the same experience via the MDE app. Going forward we will never submit room request through the app. They definitely didn't pass them on to the hotel.

Just a reminder that room requests submitted in any way are only requests, not guarantees. It is best to submit via the method you wish but with the understanding you may need to go to the front desk and request a change.

I have submitted via:
- phoning Disney
- MDE request
- Touring Plans FAX

My experience is, very rarely are my room requests honoured regardless of how I submitted them. I don't find one method to have a higher success rate than others and we've stayed at Pop 30+ times.

Once we receive our assignment I consider the location of the room and from there decide if I will keep it or, go to the front desk and request a change. I would guess it's 50/50 accept vs. request a move.

I have found after visiting the front desk that have been able to honour our request 100% of the times. Often that day and occasionally the following day.

I'm honestly not sure why they have the room requests as part of check-in as I'm not convinced they use them when assigning rooms.

Possibly I've just had bad luck but wonder if our experience is more common than I think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter