Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Odd question... I noticed that when the Murphy bed is pulled down, the corners look pretty unforgiving if you bump into them. What do you use to keep your shins safe?
Great question! It’s not my shins, but my left knee is currently bruised from running into the Murphy bed corner multiple times. I was just looking into getting a kiddie corner bumper pad for next time.

Putting up the bed during the day will help. Admittedly, we left the Murphy bed down most of the time, so that‘s what mostly did me in. Lol.

We had the Murphy bed down for our entire 10 night stay and didn’t have any challenges but that could be the slow pace we were hobbling around the room after long days in the parks. Out final tally was 200,000+ steps, 84 miles/135 kms = hobbling, limping and more. 😂

Pool noodle pieces might work also if split length wise.

Those corners are brutal! My husband & I both came home from our April 2023 Pop trip with huge deep bruises/welts down our legs from repeatedly hitting them 😩

We'll never stay at a value again for that reason & the fact that the room revamp really made the rooms feel SOOOO cramped, which we really hate as All Star Sports was our go to for years 😞

My adult daughter really banged her leg on the Murphy bed, too, when we were there in July. We've stayed at Pop several times since they put in the Murphy beds and I can't recall her running into it before. I've never had a problem with. I think the furniture corner guards would work -- that's some real preparation, but pretty inexpensive if you're concerned about it.

Odd question... I noticed that when the Murphy bed is pulled down, the corners look pretty unforgiving if you bump into them. What do you use to keep your shins safe?

I haven't stayed at Pop since the refurb (we stay in a suite at AoA due to family size), but I remember someone saying they took a bath towel, folded it in thirds, tucked one end under the mattress, and draped the towel over the corner. The white color provided a visual reminder and the folded towel provided a little cushioning if they did walk into it. I've never tried this (even with the murphy bed in the suites), but in theory, it seems like it would work (and the person who posted it said it worked for them).

We arrive 11/16 and want to eat dinner the first evening at the Pop food court. We haven't stayed at Pop since 2014 and I'm sure everything has changed. Is the dinner rush just a 5-6 thing or does it continue into the evening?

We are going Thanksgiving week and am planning a resort day for Thanksgiving Day. Are there special hours or does everything operate like normal at Everything POP. What about the resort of WDW?

We arrive 11/16 and want to eat dinner the first evening at the Pop food court. We haven't stayed at Pop since 2014 and I'm sure everything has changed. Is the dinner rush just a 5-6 thing or does it continue into the evening?
Pop food court is consistently busy except for a possible lull for a bit in the afternoon. That being said, they are able to serve guests in a reasonable amount of time and, mobile ordering is also available.
We are going Thanksgiving week and am planning a resort day for Thanksgiving Day. Are there special hours or does everything operate like normal at Everything POP. What about the resort of WDW?
Pop will operate as normal on Thanksgiving Day.

I think they also offer a Thanksgiving Dinner to order on Thanksgiving Day . Not sure about pumpkin pie …
Cant be Turkey Day without pumpkin pie. !

No I'm sorry I did not. Unfortunately by the time I remembered to do any of the measuring we were getting ready to head home and the measuring tape was packed.
No worries. From the pictures that I've seen online, it appears to be no more than 3 inches deep.

I was looking at the Resort Recreation info for our upcoming trip. Do we have to arrive right at 2:30 to do the tie-dye / yo-yo activities, or is it more continuous through the hour and we could arrive at 3 or so? (Obviously I wouldn't arrive at 3:25--I'm not a MONSTER. :D )

Has anyone done the yo-yo, btw? I've seen plenty of tie dye pics, but couldn't find yo-yos when I searched.

I’m not familiar with yo-yo but for the tie-dye you arrive at any point and they fit you in as soon as there is room at the table. We’ve never had to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter