Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found your post using the search function! Trying to get info on late check out...

So it's still possible? When do I request it? Is it always $76 or does it depend on how late you need? Thanks!

I just did late checkout on Saturday. I was told we could move checkout to 12:30 for no charge. Anything after that was a full-night charge.

Edit to add: We went with 12:30. There was no way I was going to pay for another night for an additional hour in the room.

Can anyone do the tye dye? We are staying at AOA, but the Pop schedule works better for us. Also, is this a kids only activity?
Thanks!
Anyone is welcome to do it and also any age! One trip we did it at Pop, then when visiting ASMo did another one as Papa saw the pics of her making it and requested one too! Pop was by far the better option due to how the dye is added - Squeeze bottles vs. spray bottles.

3 years later and my DD still wears hers weekly!

Re: Late Check-out requests. It makes sense that after 12:30 they would request an additional night's stay due to Pop running at near or full capacity. With the enhanced cleaning it takes additional time for rooms to be cleaned and many guests are requesting rooms early in the day.

For those with later flights, there are change rooms near the pools but the showers there are currently not available.

I just did late checkout on Saturday. I was told we could move checkout to 12:30 for no charge. Anything after that was a full-night charge.

Edit to add: We went with 12:30. There was no way I was going to pay for another night for an additional hour in the room.
Re: Late Check-out requests. It makes sense that after 12:30 they would request an additional night's stay due to Pop running at near or full capacity. With the enhanced cleaning it takes additional time for rooms to be cleaned and many guests are requesting rooms early in the day.

For those with later flights, there are change rooms near the pools but the showers there are currently not available.

Thanks for the info everyone! Good to know about the changing rooms near the pool too.

Our flight times got changed and now we don't have to be at MCO until 4PM so trying to figure out what to do with this bonus day... Hanging out by the pool sounds ideal to me. ☀️

What is the fee for Tie Dye?

Also, I’m so happy I was able to book the discount for my trip. Now I have even more money for food and souvenirs! 😂

When we did it in 2018 I believe it was $20 + tax although it has probably increased since then. Also, I believe that was for a child's t-shirt. Hopefully someone has more current prices.

Looking to see if anyone has any info on when the luggage line gets long? We'll need it at 8 or 9am on a Wednesday. Should I plan for extra wait time or is that early enough?

Looking to see if anyone has any info on when the luggage line gets long? We'll need it at 8 or 9am on a Wednesday. Should I plan for extra wait time or is that early enough?
The luggage line will vary all day long and I'm guessing there isn't much of a pattern. Early in the morning there are guests arriving on early flights at the same time as people who have later flights out are trying to check their luggage. As the day progresses it's the same plus then add in to the mix guests trying to retrieve luggage that they left earlier in the day.

It can be different but I would recommend planning at least an hour each time you need to visit luggage services, just to be on the safe side. It could be more, it could be less but personally I use an hour as my guideline right now since each guest is responsible to take their own luggage to and from the airport. DME not offering luggage services right now plus inability to do airline check-in has had a huge impact on luggage services.

I will say others have reported success using luggage services at AoA when the Pop lines were extremely long.

Hello, we leave for Disney this Saturday. My mom needs to have coffee every morning when she wakes up but I am planning on opening the park every day and the food court won’t be open yet. Is the coffee in the room any good? Thanks

Hello, we leave for Disney this Saturday. My mom needs to have coffee every morning when she wakes up but I am planning on opening the park every day and the food court won’t be open yet. Is the coffee in the room any good? Thanks

yes it was ok. Joffrey’s. It isn’t great but I ended up drinking it last trip since the food court wasn’t open early enough on a few days. I thought it was good enough for me. I bring my own flavored creamer to add to it.

It’s nothing fabulous but definitely decent. It helps to use bottled water for optimal flavor. We picked up a case of bottled water: 24 kids’ sized bottles for around $7.50 at the gift shop/food court (you have to specifically ask for it).

Joffrey's is our favorite and we look forward to getting it at Disney and even buy it for home sometimes. :) Glad to hear it's in the room.

Pools... I was just reading on the CSR thread about the pools closing due to capacity, even the quiet pools. Do the pools at Pop close often for capacity reasons? If so, how often does that happen? How is it handled. Do you stand in line waiting to get in?

Pools... I was just reading on the CSR thread about the pools closing due to capacity, even the quiet pools. Do the pools at Pop close often for capacity reasons? If so, how often does that happen? How is it handled. Do you stand in line waiting to get in?
Not sure about how it is handled when they are full, but we are here now and they haven’t closed them from what I’ve seen. We’ve been here 4 days so far and never had an issue.
They get quite busy too!

Arrived at Pop this past Sunday. Preferred room 70s building. Everything was going great until the cheerleaders decided to stay out in the courtyard running and screaming until 12:30am. While I was on the 2nd floor which blocked the noise somewhat, it was still pretty annoying. Especially when I have a 4 year old. Made a minor complaint to guest services, wasn’t expecting anything. Well the following morning the manager calls apologizing profusely, goes on to tell me that cheerleaders will be there for the remainder of my trip, but they were able to give me a complimentary upgrade to a Lion King Suite at AOA if my family wanted it. While I love Pop, I couldn’t say no! It was a amazing gesture of Disney that definitely added a little pixie dust to the start of my family vacation.

Arrived at Pop this past Sunday. Preferred room 70s building. Everything was going great until the cheerleaders decided to stay out in the courtyard running and screaming until 12:30am. While I was on the 2nd floor which blocked the noise somewhat, it was still pretty annoying. Especially when I have a 4 year old. Made a minor complaint to guest services, wasn’t expecting anything. Well the following morning the manager calls apologizing profusely, goes on to tell me that cheerleaders will be there for the remainder of my trip, but they were able to give me a complimentary upgrade to a Lion King Suite at AOA if my family wanted it. While I love Pop, I couldn’t say no! It was a amazing gesture of Disney that definitely added a little pixie dust to the start of my family vacation.
CONGRATS!

The Cheerleader Upgrade is a Groovy way to start a trip! :)

Wow, that is awesome! We ventured over to AOA for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago to use the buses for Epcot and HS and loved the look and feel of the resort. We hope to stay there one day.

To anyone dealing with noise issues, you can call guest services and get a box fan delivered to your room. We stay poolside and never have issues with the noise due to fan blocking it out. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter