Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back a couple days ago from POP. I can't stress enough renting a car if it is an option for you if you are rope-dropping the parks. After seeing the lines for the buses and skyliner, I was glad I had a car to drive to the parks.
I would mention that my skyliner cabin flew over cars stopped at the toll booth at HS, and I was in line before any cars parked. Just fyi that if you can get the first bus or gondola, you will beat the cars. It does require early rising though.

I just modified my December PCR December reservation, and I was shocked at not only the availability for my dates but the availability using the AP code discount compared to when I made my reservations 16-months ago.

$112.70 to $137.20 per night.

A lot of guests must be canceling.

Or WDW has added rooms

Or guests moving to other resorts as I did.

Some DVC members were renting points for $13.00 per point for DVC rooms..

1 Adult AP code GA code Regular Regular
2020 Date Rate-10/31 Rate-10/30 Rate-1/4 Rate-8/9
Nov 29 Sunday $122.50 - $140.00 - $166.00 - $196.00
Nov 30 Monday $112.70 - $128.80 - $153.00 - $182.00
Dec. 01 Tuesday $112.70 - $128.80 - $153.00 - $182.00
Dec. 02 Wednesday $112.70 - $128.80 - $153.00 - $182.00
Dec. 03 Thursday $122.50 - $140.00 - $166.00 - $196.00
Dec. 04 Friday $137.20 - $156.80 - $187.00 - $211.00
Dec. 05 Saturday $137.20 - $156.80 - $187.00 - $211.00
Dec. 06 Sunday $123.20 - $140.80 - $170.00 - $199.00

I find this amazing.

I switched some days to stay at WL's CCV studio.

Plus, I was even able to find availability for all nights with a handicap studio wheelchair roll-in shower.

You guys should check the dates and nightly rates using available codes.

Passholder Room Offer for Fall and Holiday Travel
Offer Details
Book Through

December 25, 2020
Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Magic Is Here Room
Offer Details
Eligibility

This offer is valid for residents of the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Residency validated at the time of reservation through the credit card billing address.
Book Through
Book through December 25, 2020

Last edited:
With Art of Animation opening on the 1st - can someone please report back to how much that is now impacting the skyliner lines in the mornings.

With Art of Animation opening on the 1st - can someone please report back to how much that is now impacting the skyliner lines in the mornings.
It will have an impact for sure but I think the bigger impact is going to be that guests can attempt to get a BG for Rise if the Resistance from their resort at 7am starting Nov 3rd. I’m guessing the huge, early Skyliner lines will greatly decrease due to this change more so than be affected by Art of Animation opening.

Is anyone at Pop now and knows if the Holiday mug is there? I have the Halloween from last year and want the Christmas one. I will be there in 12 days!

I saw a picture of a sign at AoA from this morning that indicates they're offering bus service to EP & DHS in addition to Skyliner, so that should be helpful.
This is good to know because guests of Pop are welcome to walk across the bridge and use AoA buses.

It will have an impact for sure but I think the bigger impact is going to be that guests can attempt to get a BG for Rise if the Resistance from their resort at 7am starting Nov 3rd. I’m guessing the huge, early Skyliner lines will greatly decrease due to this change more so than be affected by Art of Animation opening.
Yes, I agree, although I also hope some will also report back as far as how early they needed to be at DHS with BG booked at the resort. I know under normal circumstances (after park open) it doesn’t take a long time to get to DHS, but adding in getting into the park and walking (at a reasonable pace - bad knee) to ROTR, I think it would take very close to the one hour currently allotted to get to the ride if you don’t leave the room until your group is called. Obviously, if you get a really low BG number it would make sense to be there right at open, but at some point it makes sense to board the Skyliner later, and I don’t know when that would be. It will be handy to know if an hour is enough time, or 1 1/2 hours or more. Perhaps they will extend the time period once it goes live to make it easier. We might actually have a shot at getting a BG now, but some in our party are not early risers or easy to get out of the room in the morning. We do well to get out by lunchtime many days. :rolleyes1

The normal recommended time to get from A to B (e.g. from resort to a park, from a park to a dining reservation etc.) is 90 minutes. I think this will be much the same unless as @fla4fun suggests, they decide to increase the return window.

The nice thing is with the MDE app is we can always view what groups they are currently boarding so can determine leaving time around that. Personally, if I was able to snag a group within the first 10 I would plan to leave Pop at 8am to give me ample time to get to the park and the ride. Leaving the room at 8am allows 3 hours to get to the Skyliner, travel to DHS, go through temp/security/park entrance and then walk to the ride. 3 hours should be lots.

The normal recommended time to get from A to B (e.g. from resort to a park, from a park to a dining reservation etc.) is 90 minutes. I think this will be much the same unless as @fla4fun suggests, they decide to increase the return window.

The nice thing is with the MDE app is we can always view what groups they are currently boarding so can determine leaving time around that. Personally, if I was able to snag a group within the first 10 I would plan to leave Pop at 8am to give me ample time to get to the park and the ride. Leaving the room at 8am allows 3 hours to get to the Skyliner, travel to DHS, go through temp/security/park entrance and then walk to the ride. 3 hours should be lots.
Do they still give you an hour window from when you are called to get there?

We have an 8:45 am reservation at Topolinos. Will we be able to take the skyliner that early or will we have to plan to Uber?

We have an 8:45 am reservation at Topolinos. Will we be able to take the skyliner that early or will we have to plan to Uber?
I would plan to use an Uber. The Skyliner doesn't open from Pop until around 8:50 and that is only the DHS line. The Epcot line doesn't start until around 10am.

I would plan to use an Uber. The Skyliner doesn't open from Pop until around 8:50 and that is only the DHS line. The Epcot line doesn't start until around 10am.
That’s a little (maybe a lot) frustrating that we will have to Uber when part of the reason we are staying at pop is to use the skyliner.

Mekay1012 - that’s what is frustrating me about this whole trip - people saying you have to Uber/rent a car to get where you want because transportation timing is iffy & time in line is iffy. That’s why we chose Pop!!!

Skylines hours have been the same since the parks opened in July so these need to be taken into booking dining if that’s transportation method of choice.. It’s no different than guests booking reservations at resorts they cannot get to via bus if it’s too early.

Nothing is ‘normal’ right now. You have the option of trying to book a later reservation if Skyliner is your transportation of choice or busing to a park that is open then taking a bus to the resort your dining is located at.

Is anyone at Pop now and knows if the Holiday mug is there? I have the Halloween from last year and want the Christmas one. I will be there in 12 days!
I just saw the mug at the Poly Capt Cooks and it is really cute with M&M in a holiday sleigh . Then I forgot to buy it before I checked out at BLT!
Hope it is still available 12/28

So when you do online check-in (or at least when I did it just now....) my only building options were 50s and 70s. Are those the only two buildings that they are using?

So when you do online check-in (or at least when I did it just now....) my only building options were 50s and 70s. Are those the only two buildings that they are using?
We stayed in the 90s a week ago..
What was fustrating was they changed premium rooms to include more rooms.

All buildings have standard rooms but you will need to call if you wish to request a room other than in the 50's or 70's section. They updated the app recently and for some reason those are the only options available. It has been reported to Disney IT but so far no change has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter