Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge they don't.

Probably your best route would be Bus to DAK and then Bus from DAK to DHS or Epcot.
Is there a bus from DAK to either DHS or Epcot? I figure that with no park hopping, they won't be running park-to-park buses. There are buses from AKL (and many other resorts) to DHS and Epcot, but first you have to get to another resort. That means it's a three-bus trip each way. An alternative is to bus to DAK, then take a bus to one of the Epcot area resorts and ECV from there to the nearby park. That's only two buses, but you still have to travel from the second resort to the park after getting off the second bus.

P.S. In the early morning, a lot of the buses dropping people off at the theme parks do not pick up passengers going back to the resorts. It may be a long wait getting a bus from DAK to one of the Epcot resorts early. If considering it, check into when they start running from the parks to the resorts.

Last edited:
Is there a bus from DAK to either DHS or Epcot? I figure that with no park hopping, they won't be running park-to-park buses. There are buses from AKL (and many other resorts) to DHS and Epcot, but first you have to get to another resort. That means it's a three-bus trip each way. An alternative is to bus to DAK, then take a bus to one of the Epcot area resorts and ECV from there to the nearby park. That's only two buses, but you still have to travel from the second resort to the park after getting off the second bus.

P.S. In the early morning, a lot of the buses dropping people off at the theme parks do not pick up passengers going back to the resorts. It may be a long wait getting a bus from DAK to one of the Epcot resorts early. If considering it, check into when they start running from the parks to the resorts.

Thanks. I may just need to get over my fear of heights. I did ride the Skyliner on opening day last year but was also there when the crash happened and people were stuck for 3 hrs. Plus with using an ECV how would I get out if it happened again. It is scary.

Epcot today. Got in line for the skyliner about 10:05am, waited a few cars. Got to CBR and the line was down the ramp and wrapping into the street for Epcot. We are still in line for it and about to come up to the ramp. Not super impressed and this is the one time (besides when we passed the resort to dinner a few times) that I wish I had made the upgrade for CBR. It was only an extra $150 for us for the 3 nights and I do regret it now while in line for skyliner

You'd still be in the long line at the CBR station if you stayed at CBR, though.

You'd still be in the long line at the CBR station if you stayed at CBR, though.
And possibly have had to wait in line to get an internal bus to get to the CBR Skyliner station.

Both Pop and CBR have 2 transportation legs to get the DHS. Pop is 2 Skyliner legs and most CBR rooms (not all) are an internal bus leg plus a Skyliner leg.

And they wonder Why we are confused !?!

I help family and friends book Disney trips and people have said one of the most helpful docs created for their trips is the transportation doc recommending how to get from resort to park to dining to Disney Springs, etc. There are so many options available and it's hard to know what's best!!

Epcot today. Got in line for the skyliner about 10:05am, waited a few cars. Got to CBR and the line was down the ramp and wrapping into the street for Epcot. We are still in line for it and about to come up to the ramp. Not super impressed and this is the one time (besides when we passed the resort to dinner a few times) that I wish I had made the upgrade for CBR. It was only an extra $150 for us for the 3 nights and I do regret it now while in line for skyliner
In that situation,I think I would have walked through Jamaica and Aruba and boarded at the Riviera Station,but that is just me-I would rather keep moving than stand in a line!:)

I would have liked the option of having the Rivera station and CBR station to choose from though. Also probably would have headed over earlier to the Rivera station. Would have liked knowing what I was getting into at the beginning rather than halfway through my leg.

In that situation,I think I would have walked through Jamaica and Aruba and boarded at the Riviera Station,but that is just me-I would rather keep moving than stand in a line!:)

We thought about it but we decided to just risk it. The rivera station had a little bit of a line but nothing like the main station.

I read previously that they were letting rooms sit for a few days between guests. If that is what they are still doing, then what time are people getting access to their rooms?

I’m asking because we’re staying at the HRH for 4 nights in December and then moving to Pop for 5 nights. I picked Epcot for the check in day because of the later opening time, which makes it easier for us to pack and move that morning. I would love it if we could show up around 10-11am and put our luggage in the room and then head off to Epcot, rather than stowing everything at bell services.

I read previously that they were letting rooms sit for a few days between guests. If that is what they are still doing, then what time are people getting access to their rooms?

I’m asking because we’re staying at the HRH for 4 nights in December and then moving to Pop for 5 nights. I picked Epcot for the check in day because of the later opening time, which makes it easier for us to pack and move that morning. I would love it if we could show up around 10-11am and put our luggage in the room and then head off to Epcot, rather than stowing everything at bell services.

My room wasn't ready until after 3. I never got a room ready text, but they had a room for me when I went to the front desk (we got to the resort just after 3, so I went straight to the front desk). There is the option in online check-in to make early check in a priority.

Disney has never announced that they are letting rooms sit empty between guests. It is quite likely at Pop that guests will have checked out of your room earlier the day of your arrival or possibly the day before. This is something you need to be okay with if you choose to visit Pop (or any Disney resort) at this time.

The room will receive an enhanced cleaning between guests but 'time' between guests was never officially announced.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-vice-president-of-worldwide-safety-services/

While not specifically an announcement about Pop Century, this new method will have a huge, GREAT impact on all guests attempting to ride Rise of the Resistance! SO happy with this change!!!

No more lining up for the Skyliner at 7am to attempt to get to DHS by 10am. You can now try for a BG from the comfort of your resort room and line up at a much more reasonable time!!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...7ryXvTmggl3yCohATvdlR8MaY62X-wRcRmA8-nPZMuU_c

I am excited about the change to getting a BG for HS. I have no idea what time I might need to get to the skyliner to get to the park by 9:10 or so, hoping to still have low lines for MMRR and other rides. Any guesses? We will be at Pop on Tuesday next week but not going to HS until Saturday.

I’m curious what the room situation is right now… Do they still have the mini fridges and are there microwaves in the room? We’ve never stayed at pop

I’m curious what the room situation is right now… Do they still have the mini fridges and are there microwaves in the room? We’ve never stayed at pop
There are mini fridges in each room.

microwaves are not currently available at Pop. Pre-Covid they were available for guest use in the food court but they have been removed so microwaves are not currently available at Pop.

Just got back a couple days ago from POP. I can't stress enough renting a car if it is an option for you if you are rope-dropping the parks. After seeing the lines for the buses and skyliner, I was glad I had a car to drive to the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter