Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are more likely to die in a bus accident than anything with the sky liner.

I’m much more comfortable taking a risk on the ground than suspended from a cable in a box.

You do you. Let me do me.

Is there a certain building/area at Pop that might best suit our needs? I just booked a quick stay in a standard room for Oct. 27th-30th. We will only be in the parks one day for the MNSSHP. Otherwise, our plans are to visit Disney Springs, play mini-golf, tour the monorail resorts, and rest by the pool. We would like a quiet area that won't be affected by crowds from the gondolas, although we are planning to take a ride on them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is there a certain building/area at Pop that might best suit our needs? I just booked a quick stay in a standard room for Oct. 27th-30th. We will only be in the parks one day for the MNSSHP. Otherwise, our plans are to visit Disney Springs, play mini-golf, tour the monorail resorts, and rest by the pool. We would like a quiet area that won't be affected by crowds from the gondolas, although we are planning to take a ride on them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

We found the 80s to be pretty quiet.

Does anyone know if Everything POP sells "fat" pens (the larger pens that seem to be preferred for character autograph books)? We arrive in a few days, and I'm realizing I forgot to purchase one of those, oops.

I hope not. Not everyone is thrilled about the death buckets. They need to have options.
I read somewhere or was told by someone that for the resorts that the sky liners, there will not be buses to/from those resorts unless they happen to Ben down for some reason.

I read somewhere or was told by someone that for the resorts that the sky liners, there will not be buses to/from those resorts unless they happen to Ben down for some reason.

I have seen that rumor, but nothing confirmed by Disney. It doesn’t exactly make sense as the resorts that have boat service to Springs still have bus service there. But who knows.

I can 100% confirm that if that is the case I will never stay at Pop, AoA, CBR, or the Riviera again.

I have seen that rumor, but nothing confirmed by Disney. It doesn’t exactly make sense as the resorts that have boat service to Springs still have bus service there. But who knows.

I can 100% confirm that if that is the case I will never stay at Pop, AoA, CBR, or the Riviera again.

Disney has officially said in a press release from a few weeks ago that buses from those resorts will continue to run once Skyliner opens. There is also a bullet point on the signs at the Skyliner station that basically says that people who are afraid of heights or closed in spaces should use the buses. They didn't mention at what rate the buses will run (and specifically didn't say they would run at the same rate they currently do). It's rumored (from reliable sources) that buses from the Skyliner resorts to EP and DHS and vice versa will be reduced once Skyliner is up and running and will most likely be further reduced (or eliminated) once that system is running smoothly. Time will tell what the final outcome will be, but for now, buses will continue to run in some capacity -- it just may be only every hour rather than every 20 minutes or possibly even less frequently than that.

If you stay at a monorail resort, that is your only option for free direct transportation to Epcot. If you don't like the monorail you have a few choices: 1. Don't stay at those resorts; 2. Take a bus to another park and transfer to the Epcot bus at that park; 3. Take uber/lyft/minnie van or your own personal vehicle to Epcot. The same options will exist for the Skyliner resorts when traveling to EP and DHS if/when buses are completely eliminated.

Last edited:
Disney has officially said in a press release from a few weeks ago that buses from those resorts will continue to run once Skyliner opens. There is also a bullet point on the signs at the Skyliner station that basically says that people who are afraid of heights or closed in spaces should use the buses. They didn't mention at what rate the buses will run (and specifically didn't say they would run at the same rate they currently do). It's rumored (from reliable sources) that buses from the Skyliner resorts to EP and DHS and vice versa will be reduced once Skyliner is up and running and will most likely be further reduced (or eliminated) once that system is running smoothly. Time will tell what the final outcome will be, but for now, buses will continue to run in some capacity -- it just may be only every hour rather than every 20 minutes or possibly even less frequently than that.

If you stay at a monorail resort, that is your only option for free direct transportation to Epcot. If you don't like the monorail you have a few choices: 1. Don't stay at those resorts; 2. Take a bus to another park and transfer to the Epcot bus at that park; 3. Take uber/lyft/minnie van or your own personal vehicle to Epcot. The same options will exist for the Skyliner resorts when traveling to EP and DHS if/when buses are completely eliminated.

And as I said, I will happily not stay in Pop, AoA, or CBR ever again. I am not claustrophobic or acrophobic (I have no issues with the monorail) - I just have no desire to be in non-air conditioned metal boxes in Florida ever. Heat and lightning play a big issue there. Sure they will likely stop them with lightning within 6 miles just as they do rides...but if you are midway through a route, that is a LONG TIME to get to safety.

If more people think like thos than I look forward to the discount ts offered for me in these rooms.

Imagine this question has been asked quite a bit over the years, but 824 posts...well...it's a thick novel for sure lol. Anyways, just did online check-in for our trip to Pop Nov. 8-13. Have a standard pool view booked. Requested, through the online check-in, the 50's building. Just two of us, so don't need to be right next to the main hall, but the 50s looked reasonably close to the walkway to the Skyliner, as well as to parking and the main hall.

Thoughts on this building?
Any particular rooms/floors people like?
Anything else I should know?

Obviously since I booked a pool view, room choices are limited, but was still considering trying the room request fax through TouringPlans.

Thanks!
The 50's section has 3 separate buildings. Building 3 would be close to the Skyliner and not to bad a walk to parking and the main hall. Building 1 is close to parking and main hall, but not close to skyliner. Building 2 is close to parking.

And as I said, I will happily not stay in Pop, AoA, or CBR ever again. I am not claustrophobic or acrophobic (I have no issues with the monorail) - I just have no desire to be in non-air conditioned metal boxes in Florida ever. Heat and lightning play a big issue there. Sure they will likely stop them with lightning within 6 miles just as they do rides...but if you are midway through a route, that is a LONG TIME to get to safety.

I don't want to get off track on this thread so I'll just briefly address these 2 things:

Air conditioning -- there are places much hotter than FL that have these systems and don't have a/c. No one dies. CMs who have done rides this week have reported that there is actually quite a bit of airflow (more than they were expecting) and that heat was not a problem while riding them -- it was better than standing in the heat waiting for a bus.

Lightning - The system is safe to use with lightning in the area however Disney has said they will stop the system when lightning was in a certain range (I believe it was more like 8-10 miles away -- probably to allow them time to clear the system). Most legs of the system are a 5-7 minute ride. The CBR-EP leg is more like 14-15 minutes. It's very unlikely that people will ever be stuck on a gondola during a storm (though I know storms can pop up anywhere at any time so it's not impossible).

There are plenty of places to read accurate information about these systems including other Disney message boards where people who have actually worked with or frequently/regularly ride this kind of system for years have been sharing information. That's where this discussion should move to. Bottom line, this system is not some new thing that Disney designed and is unique to them. It's been used for transportation in many major cities around the world for dozens of years. It is extremely safe (safer than the buses, really) but if people aren't comfortable with it, they shouldn't stay at one of the Skyliner resorts. Frankly, I hope a lot of people aren't comfortable with it and stop staying at Pop & AoA -- I love when the resort is empty. :D

You must be terrified when you drive.

You must be terrified when you drive.

I live in NYC. I don’t drive. I walk.

But before I moved here and sold my car, it was air conditioned and you are protected from lightning by the grounding the tires provide.

I only have issues with boxes suspended from wires.

Thankfully it is a moot point as I only have this one final stay at Pop coming up at the end of the month, but a friend is picking me up when we go to Epcot. I never have to stay there again and be mocked for being the only one vocalizing not wanting to ride those things.

We get it. Told us twice

Thankfully it is a moot point as I only have this one final stay at Pop coming up at the end of the month, but a friend is picking me up when we go to Epcot. I never have to stay there again and be mocked for being the only one vocalizing not wanting to ride those things.

I love Pop, and I don’t want to ride the gondolas. But your constant referral to them as death buckets, is a little off putting. Just something to consider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter