Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we book a vacation, some were room only with a discount or a vacation package with "free dining". The reason they give you for "unavailable, is there are only so many rooms in a "block of rooms" or area that they can allow late check out. Housekeeping must be able to clean rooms to have available for guests arriving. If you want late check out, you must request days earlier.

As far as "not eligible" I believe it has to do with how you booked. Have you booked directly through disney, with a travel agent at an "travel agent special code", did you book as part of a group reservation? There are definitely dates offered to groups and travel agents that don't qualify. AgAin, they need to keep rooms routating.
Pop is running at capacity/near capacity these days so they need to get rooms turned over as quickly as possible for arriving guests. As has often been discussed here, rooms are assigned to arriving guests days in advance. If current guests request a late check-out with short notice it can cause a ripple effect as suddenly the Pop staff may need to find a different room for arriving guests. Since many specify certain things they’d like (location, floor, etc.) it's not always easy to just find an arriving guest a new room.

When I know in advance that our flight is leaving later in the day I try to organize us to use luggage services to hold our luggage and go to a park or DS or, ask if a late checkout could be possible 4 or 5 days in advance of our checkout. I try to put myself in the shoes of arriving guests who are excited to begin their stay and vacate the room by 11:00.

We stayed for 6 nights. I booked directly through Disney with a room-only discount reservation. I asked about late check out 4 days before check out and then Again the day before. Both times told i couldn’t.

I mean, It worked out just fine in the end. I just thought it was possibly based on discounted rooms or packages or rack rate.

I've stayed on property four times, this will be our fifth. I've given up on room requests. I've used the drop down pre-check-in selections on the website, I've used Touring Plans fax, I've personally faxed, and calling is just talking to a call center, but I've done that too. Never ever gotten even close to where or what I requested, usually only asking for one or two things tops. The last trip I let myself get very invested in trying to get a refurbished room in a hotel that was about 65% complete and we didn't. It really soured my trip for the first day or two and I'm not going to do that to myself again.
Beyond room booking types, Standard, Preferred, Fill-in-the-blank Views, I'm just not going to worry about it. I'll be putting my requests in the pre-check-in selections and whatever happens, happens. 🤷‍♀️
Give Snail Mail a try-our success rate with Snail Mail is higher than our success rate with all the other methods you mentioned.

For years I never made a room request and was always happy with our room. Then I did the request section in the early check-in online. I think we always got what we requested but am not sure because we just really never cared. Last 2 trips I did touringplans requests only and listed what I wanted in order of priority. Got exactly what I wanted last year first half of trip and they moved us second half and got everything but one part of request. (Not exact room I requested but didn’t expect it). This year they got everything right but one minor thing and of course not the exact room. I have been happy with using touringplans requests.

From looking at the report map it looks like the 60’s buildings will be the closest/best location to the Skyliner station once it opens? Is that correct?

Thanks. Planning on booking for 2020 and thinking preferred pool view would be the way to guarantee one of the 60’s buildings?
Just a heads up that these are also the noisiest rooms in the afternoon so if your family likes to go back to the to the room for quiet time or a nap, poolside activities including music and loud speakers will be taking place.

Just a heads up that these are also the noisiest rooms in the afternoon so if your family likes to go back to the to the room for quiet time or a nap, poolside activities including music and loud speakers will be taking place.
I’ve been thinking about that as I’ve read these rooms are noisy. It’s just my husband and I and when we go back in the afternoon it’s usually just to take a quick break (not sleeping) and shower before heading back out. Is it safe to assume the pool area is quiet after say, 10 o’clock at night?

Just a note on late checkout, I know the conversation has mostly moved on at this point. We've been given late checkout twice (once at Beach Club and once at Pop) and both times it was a reservation with multiple rooms where they were able to let us stay late in ONE of the rooms. It really is just a YMMV kind of thing and all depends on whether they need your room or not for the next night.

We like to stay in the 60s building and the way we do it is, besides the Touring Plans fax request, when we get there, I simply ask for the 60s building at front desk. That is our most successful method of getting the building we want.

I know we’ve waited for a room on a few occasions that was sitting empty for hours and the maid just hadn’t gotten around to cleaning it because they were just working down one row and that room happened to be at the end.
that happened to us at pop. Since I knew the "general" location of the room I got bored at the pool and went down the row seeing which room my key card would open. then I saw the maid way at the other end. I asked her if she could clean that room next and she did! (I tipped her, of course)

I've stayed on property four times, this will be our fifth. I've given up on room requests. I've used the drop down pre-check-in selections on the website, I've used Touring Plans fax, I've personally faxed, and calling is just talking to a call center, but I've done that too. Never ever gotten even close to where or what I requested, usually only asking for one or two things tops. The last trip I let myself get very invested in trying to get a refurbished room in a hotel that was about 65% complete and we didn't. It really soured my trip for the first day or two and I'm not going to do that to myself again.
Beyond room booking types, Standard, Preferred, Fill-in-the-blank Views, I'm just not going to worry about it. I'll be putting my requests in the pre-check-in selections and whatever happens, happens. 🤷‍♀️
did you know that when they text you your room # you can still check in at the front desk and say.."um, I know the room is ready, but have ya got anything closer to (fill in the blank). we're willing to wait." they try to give out the rooms that are ready first. but more often than not we change our room.

or fax the room request 5-7 days before

Yes,we have done all available methods including TP Fax and Snail Mail has given us around a 90 % success rate.

I think it is because I am sure they receive so very few requests by Snail Mail,they really go the extra mile to try to fill the requests.

Sometimes we even get the exact room # we ask for. :)

that happened to us at pop. Since I knew the "general" location of the room I got bored at the pool and went down the row seeing which room my key card would open. then I saw the maid way at the other end. I asked her if she could clean that room next and she did! (I tipped her, of course)
Smart! :thumbsup2

Can bell services hold your ME tagged bag until the next morning? The flight is scheduled for a 9pm arrival. Any insight is appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter