• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been to Disney World many times over the past few years but have never stayed at a Disney Resort, we have always stayed offsite. We are two adults who will be traveling to Disney World in May 2020 for The Flower & Garden Festival. Since we have never stayed at a Disney resort I don’t really know exactly what to expect, but we will be staying at Pop Century after seeing recommendations here on the Disney value resorts.

I’ve been to Disney World many times over the past few years but have never stayed at a Disney Resort, we have always stayed offsite. We are two adults who will be traveling to Disney World in May 2020 for The Flower & Garden Festival. Since we have never stayed at a Disney resort I don’t really know exactly what to expect, but we will be staying at Pop Century after seeing recommendations here on the Disney value resorts.

We only recently began staying onsite at POP (the past two trips) . I love staying here. The last trip was during the F&G Festival and had a great time. If you do the dining plan, you really get your money's worth with the snack credits at the Festival. I love the food court at POP, also. The meatloaf was very good and so was the breakfast food. Have a great time!

Thank you for the information! Can someone tell me how long does it take generally to get from Orlando International Airport to POP via Disney’s Magical Express? We have never used that service either.

Thank you for the information! Can someone tell me how long does it take generally to get from Orlando International Airport to POP via Disney’s Magical Express? We have never used that service either.
I plan for 90-120 mins from the time we land until we arrive at Pop but we also don’t rush through the airport.

Travel for us is also 90 to 120 minutes after flight arrival. If it's less, consider it "pixie dust". Enjoy your trip.

We have a very late flight out, so we should have most of a day to spend exploring. Where do we drop off our bags (it will just be carry-ons) for the hotel to hold for us until we come back to catch the ME to the airport?

We have a very late flight out, so we should have most of a day to spend exploring. Where do we drop off our bags (it will just be carry-ons) for the hotel to hold for us until we come back to catch the ME to the airport?
Luggage Services is located at the front of Pop, near the Magical Express drop-off and pick-up.

Just a heads up that you will want to leave ample time to pick up your luggage before your DME time as luggage services can get quite busy. They are also refurbishing the area so some luggage is being stored offsite so may need to be transported back to Pop for you. We arrive at luggage services a min of 45 mins prior to our DME pick-up time.

I'd plan for 90, but in over 15 years of using it we've almost always arrived at our resort about an hour after we land- includes multiple Pop stays. There have been a couple times that it was closer to 90 mins, but if you're planning on going straight from your plane to the bus (not stopping for food/luggage) I'd say between 60 mins.-90 mins. is a pretty safe bet.

I'd plan for 90, but in over 15 years of using it we've almost always arrived at our resort about an hour after we land- includes multiple Pop stays. There have been a couple times that it was closer to 90 mins, but if you're planning on going straight from your plane to the bus (not stopping for food/luggage) I'd say between 60 mins.-90 mins. is a pretty safe bet.

I have a question and I hope this isn't dumb, I've never stayed at a Disney Resort before. Therefore I haven't used the Magical Express before. So my question is, doesn't the checked luggage go right from the plane to the bus? Or how does that work. We would plan to go straight from the plane to the bus if possible. No stops except maybe the bathroom quickly. So what luggage would we need to stop for? Or is that for people who decide they want their luggage before the hotel and decide to go pick it up? Also while I'm asking about the Magical Express, could you answer another question...how often does the bus pick up at the Orlando International Airport? Is it every hour and you have to wait around for it to take you to POP Century? Thank you so much.

I have a question and I hope this isn't dumb, I've never stayed at a Disney Resort before. Therefore I haven't used the Magical Express before. So my question is, doesn't the checked luggage go right from the plane to the bus? Or how does that work. We would plan to go straight from the plane to the bus if possible. No stops except maybe the bathroom quickly. So what luggage would we need to stop for? Or is that for people who decide they want their luggage before the hotel and decide to go pick it up? Also while I'm asking about the Magical Express, could you answer another question...how often does the bus pick up at the Orlando International Airport? Is it every hour and you have to wait around for it to take you to POP Century? Thank you so much.
Some people choose to pick up their luggage (due to personal preference or later arrival time) but for those who have attached the yellow DME luggage tags, their luggage goes to the resort via separate transportation. It is transported in trucks completely separate from the buses. Tagged luggage is delivered to your resort room but this may be 3 (or more) hours after you arrive at Pop.

DME is quite a hike from most gates so normally takes a bit of time to walk there. Once you arrive at DME your MagicBand or paper will be scanned and you will be told which line to get in. Normally the Pop bus stops at Art of Animation and one other resort. In my experience Pop is normally the second stop but this can change. Buses arrive on a regular basis but normally do not leave until it is full. If you arrive and the bus is almost full you will leave faster than if you’re one of the first to board your bus. Drive from MCO to Pop is approx 30-40 mins.

Hope this helps.

Some people choose to pick up their luggage (due to personal preference or later arrival time) but for those who have attached the yellow DME luggage tags, their luggage goes to the resort via separate transportation. It is transported in trucks completely separate from the buses. Tagged luggage is delivered to your resort room but this may be 3 (or more) hours after you arrive at Pop.

DME is quite a hike from most gates so normally takes a bit of time to walk there. Once you arrive at DME your MagicBand or paper will be scanned and you will be told which line to get in. Normally the Pop bus stops at Art of Animation and one other resort. In my experience Pop is normally the second stop but this can change. Buses arrive on a regular basis but normally do not leave until it is full. If you arrive and the bus is almost full you will leave faster than if you’re one of the first to board your bus. Drive from MCO to Pop is approx 30-40 mins.

Hope this helps.

So our flight is going to be arriving in Orlando around 10:45 am from Chicago. I feel like since check-in is not until 3 pm that we might as well have our luggage sent to the resort via the separate transportation by attaching the tags and we just have our carry on bags until then. I just hope nothing happens to our bags. But they obviously do this every day so they must have a decent system in place, so I'm not too worried. I really appreciate all of the information about DME. I just booked the hotel, now I have 10 months to plan. I'm excited to be staying in a Disney Resort for the first time.

So our flight is going to be arriving in Orlando around 10:45 am from Chicago. I feel like since check-in is not until 3 pm that we might as well have our luggage sent to the resort via the separate transportation by attaching the tags and we just have our carry on bags until then. I just hope nothing happens to our bags. But they obviously do this every day so they must have a decent system in place, so I'm not too worried. I really appreciate all of the information about DME. I just booked the hotel, now I have 10 months to plan. I'm excited to be staying in a Disney Resort for the first time.
We’ve used DME many times and only experienced a significant delay in luggage delivery twice. We are staying at Pop in Sep and our flight arrived at 9:30am. We will be using DME and their luggage service.

You will want to ensure the yellow tags are attached to all checked bags prior to checking them in Chicago. The next time you see your luggage it will be in your resort room.

You are able to check your carry-on luggage with luggage services when you arrive at Pop if your room is not ready. We often carry our swimsuits in our carry-on luggage so that we can enjoy a pool or water park the first day.

Please feel free to ask any more questions about DME or Pop! Personally I think you’ve chosen the best resort on property for your first Disney resort stay!!

I think you have great answers so far, I'll just add, keep your checked bag tickets in the off chance your yellow tags fall off or something, so you can follow up on them.

Like ScrappinginOntario we pack swimsuit attire and travel sized sun screen in our carry on, so we can swim, hit a water park or even go to Disney Springs if we want. I also take sandals in my checked bag (especially for winter trips, changing into sandals means I'm in Florida to me!). POP is a great resort, we've stayed there twice and have a week planned this August. We have also stayed in AoA across the bridge and while it was nice, I prefer POP. I can't wait for the Skyliner to open up.

I think you have great answers so far, I'll just add, keep your checked bag tickets in the off chance your yellow tags fall off or something, so you can follow up on them.

Like ScrappinginOntario we pack swimsuit attire and travel sized sun screen in our carry on, so we can swim, hit a water park or even go to Disney Springs if we want. I also take sandals in my checked bag (especially for winter trips, changing into sandals means I'm in Florida to me!). POP is a great resort, we've stayed there twice and have a week planned this August. We have also stayed in AoA across the bridge and while it was nice, I prefer POP. I can't wait for the Skyliner to open up.

Thank you for the suggestions! I am traveling with my mother who has not been to Disney World in 25 years. It will be exciting. We will be there for a Mother’s Day trip. We plan to go to Disney Springs in the afternoon once we check into the hotel.

Hey everyone! I will be arriving at Pop with my fiance on August 2nd (so soon), and we are celebrating big time! We JUST got engaged, bought a house, and I got a new job. What is the BEST way to let Pop know we are having a major celebration?Any fun ideas of ways for us to celebrate? Thanks!

👰💒

Hey everyone! I will be arriving at Pop with my fiance on August 2nd (so soon), and we are celebrating big time! We JUST got engaged, bought a house, and I got a new job. What is the BEST way to let Pop know we are having a major celebration?Any fun ideas of ways for us to celebrate? Thanks!

👰💒
If you call the main reservation line they can note the celebrations on your reservation. You can also pick up an "I'm celebrating" button at any park. They may have them at the check in desk as well.

If you call the main reservation line they can note the celebrations on your reservation. You can also pick up an "I'm celebrating" button at any park. They may have them at the check in desk as well.

Thank you! I ordered us some 'just engaged' pins from Etsy as well. Thank you so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter